Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 02:58 PM

11,986 posts, read 5,322,671 times

Advertisements

Let's see.

If prominent Democrats bail on Hillary Clinton that would be newsworthy.
But if prominent Republicans refuse to fall in line for Trump, that's meaningless and a sign of a poster's TDS.

Got it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2016, 03:03 PM

6,593 posts, read 6,776,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Let's see.

If prominent Democrats bail on Hillary Clinton that would be newsworthy.
But if prominent Republicans refuse to fall in line for Trump, that's meaningless and a sign of a poster's TDS.

Got it.
Edward's is a prominent nothing.....he voted for Obama in 2008. He's no longer a conservative, if he ever was one. And knowing Mickey the dunce like I do....he was always left of center. He got run out of his congressional seat on his voting record.

Old 06-14-2016, 04:28 PM

Mickey was considered a conservative in his day. He hasn't changed, but his Party has collectively stampeded to the right, and jumped off of a cliff.

Old 06-14-2016, 05:10 PM

6,593 posts, read 6,776,818 times
Quote:
Mickey was considered a conservative in his day. He hasn't changed, but his Party has collectively stampeded to the right, and jumped off of a cliff.
Mickey was run out of his Oklahoma congressional seat in the 90s for being left of center way back then, and no conservative would ever vote for the likes of Obama. To be blunt Mickey has no ideology.....he's what's good for Mickey. He did not get hired by Harvard & then Princeton because he was on the right, ever

Mickey is the kind of "useful idiot" the left likes to trot out to try & shame the right with when it's needed.

Last edited by Brave Stranger; 06-14-2016 at 05:29 PM..

Old 06-15-2016, 12:49 AM

244 posts, read 169,621 times
Nonsense. You do know that Reagan campaigned for Goldwater? Along with Nixon ironic both went on to become presidents and the #nevergoldwaters (Mitts dad) became irreverent.

Old 06-16-2016, 08:42 AM

13,560 posts, read 10,399,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
Mickey was run out of his Oklahoma congressional seat in the 90s for being left of center way back then, and no conservative would ever vote for the likes of Obama. To be blunt Mickey has no ideology.....he's what's good for Mickey. He did not get hired by Harvard & then Princeton because he was on the right, ever

Mickey is the kind of "useful idiot" the left likes to trot out to try & shame the right with when it's needed.
Nonsense. It's more of: I didn't leave the party, the party left me. IOW, the current iteration of the GOP has become more reactionary and out of touch with reality.

Old 06-16-2016, 08:47 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,366,138 times
Reagan would have. He was a big supporter of the idea that you support the party nominee whoever it is.

Reagan would also remember that the establishment did not care much for him either.

Old 06-16-2016, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Reagan would have. He was a big supporter of the idea that you support the party nominee whoever it is.

Reagan would also remember that the establishment did not care much for him either.
I think you misread what Edwards was saying. He didn't say that Reagan would not have endorsed Donald Trump. He's saying that Ronald Reagan and Jack Kemp, unlike Paul Ryan, wouldn't stick with the party nominee after stating that he was making racist statements.

He's saying that Jack Kemp and Ronald Reagan were men of principle and would not basically call a candidate unfit for office, and then still endorse them for political expediency.

Old 06-16-2016, 12:33 PM

Quote:
I think you misread what Edwards was saying. He didn't say that Reagan would not have endorsed Donald Trump. He's saying that Ronald Reagan and Jack Kemp, unlike Paul Ryan, wouldn't stick with the party nominee after stating that he was making racist statements.
Sorry, maybe I did. I'll go back and read again.

Quote:
He's saying that Jack Kemp and Ronald Reagan were men of principle and would not basically call a candidate unfit for office, and then still endorse them for political expediency.
O.K., I'll try again.

Old 06-16-2016, 12:41 PM

So anyway I went back and read it and what he thought or didn't think about Reagan isn't the most important thing.

Quote:
We would have come back as the party that put the interests of America ahead of the interests of its club.
When did they last do this? If he is mad at Ryan for not doing this, O.K. that would be true. I have no clue who the guy is but if I am reading this right he was a politician in the 90's. They weren't doing it then either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections