Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 05:24 PM

29,555 posts, read 9,763,461 times

Advertisements

Asked to respond Tuesday morning, Ryan said he stood by previous criticism of Trump's stance. "I do not think a Muslim ban is in our country's interest. I do not think it is reflective of our principles, not just as a party but as a country. I think the smarter way to go, in all respects, is to have a security test and not a religious test."

Ryan endorsed Trump on June 2 after holding out for a month. But this is the second time in as many weeks that the highest-ranking Republican in the federal government has criticized his party's presumptive presidential candidate. Last week, Ryan said Trump's attacks on federal judge Gonzalo Curiel's Mexican heritage were "the textbook definition of a racist comment."

Paul Ryan: Donald Trump's Muslim Ban Not Reflective Of GOP And U.S. Principles : NPR

Old 06-14-2016, 05:27 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,240,398 times
Ryan will be let go as speaker of the House diplomatically. Trump needs someone who is more in line with the American people who overwhelmingly support a temporary Muslim ban.

Old 06-14-2016, 05:30 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,507,651 times
Ryan: Critical of Obama's handling of the current terror threat but no solution of his own, it appears.

Thanks for posting. I was looking for the article. Heard about it earlier today but couldn't find it.

And he doesn't address the fact that the Orlando attack was a home grown terrorist.

Old 06-14-2016, 05:32 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,295,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Asked to respond Tuesday morning, Ryan said he stood by previous criticism of Trump's stance. "I do not think a Muslim ban is in our country's interest. I do not think it is reflective of our principles, not just as a party but as a country. I think the smarter way to go, in all respects, is to have a security test and not a religious test."

Ryan endorsed Trump on June 2 after holding out for a month. But this is the second time in as many weeks that the highest-ranking Republican in the federal government has criticized his party's presumptive presidential candidate. Last week, Ryan said Trump's attacks on federal judge Gonzalo Curiel's Mexican heritage were "the textbook definition of a racist comment."

Paul Ryan: Donald Trump's Muslim Ban Not Reflective Of GOP And U.S. Principles : NPR
If Trump's numbers keep skewing downward, I think Ted Cruz will be the nominee. Apparently, there are a lot of GOP delegates who aren't crazy about Trump. All it would take is one little rules change, and apparently only one-third of the rules committee endorse Trump.

There are still ways Trump could lose the Republican nomination

Old 06-14-2016, 05:33 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,693,871 times
It's similar to the argument between Obama and everyone with a brain to use or not to use RIT.

Security test = religious test. Different words to do the same thing, to the same people. It accomplishes the same goal or it won't work.

Old 06-14-2016, 05:37 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,581,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
If Trump's numbers keep skewing downward, I think Ted Cruz will be the nominee. Apparently, there are a lot of GOP delegates who aren't crazy about Trump. All it would take is one little rules change, and apparently only one-third of the rules committee endorse Trump.

There are still ways Trump could lose the Republican nomination

You forgot one. He could be kidnapped by Aliens. That's as likely as what your proposing.

Old 06-14-2016, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Ryan will be let go as speaker of the House diplomatically. Trump needs someone who is more in line with the American people who overwhelmingly support a temporary Muslim ban.
Hate to think how many things the American people "overwhelmingly supported" over the course of this country's history, just as backward, but as to the actual facts of these matters...

"Overwhelming support," according to who?

Among all likely voters, 45% still favor Trump’s plan, while 42% are opposed. This compares to 46% and 40% respectively in the previous survey. Twelve percent (12%) of these voters are now undecided.

GOP Voters Still Support Trump

Old 06-14-2016, 05:42 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,304,770 times
Quote:
Uh no they don't.

Old 06-14-2016, 05:43 PM

3,698 posts, read 5,010,440 times
Quote:
LOL, how is Trump as President or as Nominee going to do this? The Speaker of the House is selected by the members of the House.

Old 06-14-2016, 05:43 PM

And Boehner thought he had problems with the Tea Party on his hands...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections