Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 01:57 AM

2,416 posts, read 2,025,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
She's whip smart and is ready on day one based on her many experiences
Whip smart? Experiences? What about being on board with arguably the most catastrophic foreign policy blunder in the history of the US?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2016, 03:46 AM

9,371 posts, read 14,322,182 times
In the end, it will be an unpopularity contest, with the electorate "deciding" whom they detest less, Trump or Clinton.

That is simply and clearly who we are.

Actual policy outcomes over the next 2-4-6-8 years will most likely be only marginally different.

Boiling frogs the lot of you.

Interesting would be if Libertarians, Greens and possibly even Bernie as a grassroots write-in (he himself won't take the initiative), individually or collectively have enough impact to deny the eventual winner at least 50% of the (un)popular vote and perhaps even, by some very fat chance, 270 electoral votes.

Good Luck!

Old 06-15-2016, 05:26 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,700,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
I will never vote for a Republican after the way they treat Obama. It's disgraceful. That's what happens when you put too many Republicans in office. They lie and no one holds their feet to the fire. Even on Faux, they don't have anyone speaking on the opposite side of issues. It's pathetic. These fascists want everything their way like this spoiled rich boy they want as President. Electing Trump will be the worst mistake we could ever make. I don't want that loose cannon anywhere near the nuclear codes....

I really feel pretty much the same way about the Republican party. They are just so damn negative about everything ! You never hear anything positive or enlightening coming out of any of their mouths, only bad things about what the other side is doing. I've never seen a more sour bunch of people in one place at one time. I also hate the way they take great pleasure in blocking anything the President tries to do. How about compromise ?

Just once in my lifetime, I would love to see the GOP come out and say "Ya know, that sounds like a good idea and we are going to put our input into it to make it good for the American people !" But pigs will fly before that ever happens, and is why I vote Democratic every 4 years.

Old 06-15-2016, 06:46 AM

4,512 posts, read 5,059,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
So I guess this means we can put you on the list to volunteer to go door knocking for Hillary?
Uh, sure. Here's the list of all of her qualifications that I'd inform voter of :

Old 06-15-2016, 06:47 AM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,668,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
WoW! 1000s of posts each week against Trump. Yet so far, almost nothing as to why someone might support Hillary. The absence of the anti-Trumps is quite deafening.

This speaks for itself.
WOW! That is funny. You know darn well why people are supporting Hillary. There are those who support the Democratic agenda and then there are those who are going to vote for her because they feel strongly that Trump is someone that they do not want in the office of President of the United States.

If Trump really wants to win, he had better quit playing to the base. He already has your vote, no need to keep pursuing it with his inflammatory rhetoric. He needs to work on pulling the votes of the middle over to him.

Old 06-15-2016, 06:53 AM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,668,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
I really feel pretty much the same way about the Republican party. They are just so damn negative about everything ! You never hear anything positive or enlightening coming out of any of their mouths, only bad things about what the other side is doing. I've never seen a more sour bunch of people in one place at one time. I also hate the way they take great pleasure in blocking anything the President tries to do. How about compromise ?

Just once in my lifetime, I would love to see the GOP come out and say "Ya know, that sounds like a good idea and we are going to put our input into it to make it good for the American people !" But pigs will fly before that ever happens, and is why I vote Democratic every 4 years.
Yeah, the constant negativity and anger just grind me down. That is why I really liked Kasich and while I didn't agree with him on everything 100%, he would have my vote in a heartbeat. But the fear and anger faction of the party got what they wanted in the form of Trump. Now we just have to endure until November to see how it plays out.

Old 06-15-2016, 07:08 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,122,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrandom View Post
I'm not interested in debating (although it's possible a debate may happen). I'm mostly just curious why you support her and what actions you've taken to express that support. If there was another candidate the you supported earlier in the election process who they were and why you changed your support would be interesting to know, as well.

Thanks!
Honestly, because she isn't Mr. Trump. With her, we know that she won't be doing off the wall, nutty stuff. Say what you will, she is knowledgeable, articulate and competent, especially with respect to foreign policy.

But most importantly, i don't want a Republican picking the next handful of SCOTUS Justices. That would be a total disaster from my perspective.

I don't necessarily disagree with the notion that status quo is bad and we need an outsider. It's just that I think Trump is the totally wrong vessel. I don't understand, Trump of the 1980's was so much more mature, articulate and sane.

I frankly think that if GOP nominated Kasich or Rubio, Hillary would lose by a landslide. She has a chance only because Trump is on the other side. I am thankful for that, but of course it also means that Trump has a potential to be the next POTUS. Cruz would have been perfect; he would have been crushed with 0% chance of winning the general.

The server thing is, at a very minimum, exercise of terrible judgment. On the other hand, stuff like Benghazi, Vince Foster, etc. is bogus for reasons I have described here before. If it wasn't for the server thing, she'd have an easy 20 point lead over Trump . . . . look at her favorability rating before the server thing came out.

It is not ideal, but I am not wasting my vote on Gary Johnson or Dr. Jill Stein. Sending a message that no one hears is pointless.

Mick

Old 06-15-2016, 07:30 AM

759 posts, read 637,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Honestly, because she isn't Mr. Trump. With her, we know that she won't be doing off the wall, nutty stuff. Say what you will, she is knowledgeable, articulate and competent, especially with respect to foreign policy.

But most importantly, i don't want a Republican picking the next handful of SCOTUS Justices. That would be a total disaster from my perspective.

I don't necessarily disagree with the notion that status quo is bad and we need an outsider. It's just that I think Trump is the totally wrong vessel. I don't understand, Trump of the 1980's was so much more mature, articulate and sane.

I frankly think that if GOP nominated Kasich or Rubio, Hillary would lose by a landslide. She has a chance only because Trump is on the other side. I am thankful for that, but of course it also means that Trump has a potential to be the next POTUS. Cruz would have been perfect; he would have been crushed with 0% chance of winning the general.

The server thing is, at a very minimum, exercise of terrible judgment. On the other hand, stuff like Benghazi, Vince Foster, etc. is bogus for reasons I have described here before. If it wasn't for the server thing, she'd have an easy 20 point lead over Trump . . . . look at her favorability rating before the server thing came out.

It is not ideal, but I am not wasting my vote on Gary Johnson or Dr. Jill Stein. Sending a message that no one hears is pointless.

Mick
I think this is your first post I've ever seen that didn't have a smart *#& tone to it... gotta rep you for that.

As for as the SCOTUS appointments... the same can be said about Hillary. A total disaster from my perspective but then again, so would her presidency. I'm just amazed at the sheer number of stupid people in this country that would vote for a corrupt Muslim sympathizing criminal for POTUS... but then again I shouldn't be surprised... the same people voted for Obama because he's black.

Old 06-15-2016, 12:06 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
only bad things about what the other side is doing.
I'm not a Republican, but why shouldn't Republicans and others who disagree with you feel the way we do? You progressives have no respect for the original intent of the U.S. Constitution.

Quote:
I've never seen a more sour bunch of people in one place at one time.
So all Republicans are in one place?

Quote:
I also hate the way they take great pleasure in blocking anything the President tries to do.
As much as Obama would love it, and his sheep would love it, he isn't a king, he's a president. Many Republicans and others disagree with his agenda and feel the more he does the harder it will be to change what he has done.

Quote:
How about compromise?
Give a progressive an inch, he/she will take a mile.

Quote:
Just once in my lifetime, I would love to see the GOP come out and say "Ya know, that sounds like a good idea and we are going to put our input into it to make it good for the American people !"
Just because you think an idea that you and your ilk come up with is good for the American people AND is constitutional doesn't mean that it is either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections