Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 11:29 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,570,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
I've stated it before, but fine.

I do not like Hillary Clinton. Never have.

I think this year we have to choose between two awful candidates, but Trump is far and away worse than Clinton. In my opinion, not voting, or voting for third party candidates who have no chance of getting elected is a waste of a vote, and may have serious consequences if too many people do it. So, come November, I plan to hold my nose and vote for Clinton, because I do believe Trump is the most unqualified and dangerous candidate I've ever seen.

That does not mean I like her, nor that I support her. But I do not believe that fascist-leaning bigoted narcissistic billionaire is out for anyone but himself, and would be a national, if not global, disaster in the White House.
Could you elaborate on the bolded part?

Specifically, what serious consequences are you afraid of if "too many people" were to vote third party?

Quote:
I'm sorry, are silly nicknames no longer allowed? Someone should let Trump know that, along with his followers who like to use terms like "Hellary" and "*******".
They are certainly allowed.

Just be aware that if you are interested in having a grown up discussion about a topic, you should try to avoid displaying childish behavior.

IOW:
Write an adult OP if you are wanting to illicit adult responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2016, 11:36 AM

24,428 posts, read 27,136,426 times
1. Do you believe that President Obama is willfully ignoring the threat of terrorism committed on U.S. soil? If so, what do you think his motivations are?

No, but I do believe he is putting political correctness above our safety. The last thing he wants is to be called a bigot by the media, which to him is more important than our safety.

2. Do you believe that Hillary Clinton wants to allow radical Islamic terrorists into the country?

No, but I do believe she knows that some of the refugees will be radicals, but once again chooses to be politically correct over anything else.

3. Do you believe that American Muslims are routinely sheltering terrorists?

No, but out of all the religions in the US, they have the most radicals and should be watched.

4. Do you believe that there are “thousands” of terrorists like Orlando shooter Omar Mateen already in the U.S.?

No, but I believe there are at least hundreds of them in the US already.

5. Do you believe it is possible to “perfectly” screen immigrants in a way that would prevent terrorists -- or the parents of potential terrorists -- from entering the country?

No, but I think there are a lot more things we could do to better screen them.

6. Do you believe that there is in fact no current system for checking the background of refugees and other people who want to come to the United States?

No, but the current system right now is a complete joke that is almost worthless.

Old 06-15-2016, 11:46 AM

3,493 posts, read 3,225,539 times
I don't need to answer those questions. TRUMP IS THE ONLY POSSIBLE WAY TO DEAL WITH CRAZED MOSLEMS AND UNEMPLOYED, C+ average GRINGO MALES (the majority of potential breadwinners in a normal US).

You needn't consider anything else. It's all irrelevant. Got "babies" or "grandbabies?" It's not rocket science. Very obvious.

Willie do it? We don't know. We DO know that professional politicians are off on some other unrelated course - that, we know.

Old 06-15-2016, 11:49 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,570,679 times
Quote:
A split vote that could have the unintended consequence of propelling the worst candidate into office.

Political satire is not childish behavior. It is a play on words to illustrate a point or concept. Sorry if it stung your sensitivities, but I think your admonishiments are misplaced in a political forum.
The name calling doesn't bother me one bit. No admonishment was intended. That was advice.

You want adult responses refrain from the name calling. Pretty straightforward.

If you want to continue with your "political satire" (pretty elaborate stretch of the definition imo) then don't be surprised when the bulk of your responses are not what you had hoped for. That is if your actual intention was to illicit thoughtful adult responses...

Old 06-15-2016, 11:52 AM

6,148 posts, read 8,023,931 times
I guess I should make the point that people who are saying they don't need to answer these questions are 100% correct. As private citizens, you do not. The author of the original article was directing the questions to politicians in office who are supporting Trump, and that is a very different context. I have, by starting this thread, extended the questions to posters here who support Trump. That doesn't mean I think you have to answer the questions. The answers so far are interesting, in some cases thought-provoking, and in other cases alarming. I don't intend to address individuals' replies to the actual questions, as I think the responses stand on their own.

Old 06-15-2016, 11:58 AM

2,861 posts, read 3,866,092 times
Quote:
I've stated it before, but fine.

I do not like Hillary Clinton. Never have.

I think this year we have to choose between two awful candidates, but Trump is far and away worse than Clinton. In my opinion, not voting, or voting for third party candidates who have no chance of getting elected is a waste of a vote, and may have serious consequences if too many people do it. So, come November, I plan to hold my nose and vote for Clinton, because I do believe Trump is the most unqualified and dangerous candidate I've ever seen.

That does not mean I like her, nor that I support her. But I do not believe that fascist-leaning bigoted narcissistic billionaire is out for anyone but himself, and would be a national, if not global, disaster in the White House.
Well, now that you stated how you really feel and also came out for Hilly, maybe you can answer your own questions ...with more than simple yes/no as done by others to comment on/explain the subject's actions.

Sharing your insight can help educate the apparently ignorant.

Old 06-15-2016, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimazee View Post
Well, now that you stated how you really feel and also came out for Hilly, maybe you can answer your own questions ...with more than simple yes/no as done by others to comment on/explain the subject's actions.

Sharing your insight can help educate the apparently ignorant.
Not sure what you're asking here? Do you want me to answer the six questions? Or something else?

Old 06-15-2016, 12:03 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,362,897 times
Quote:
Lots of good questions in this piece.

Hopefully the poll numbers that came out today are accurate and will continue to trend downward so we won't have to listen to much more nonsense from Herr Trumpenfuehrer. But until then, have at it Trumpies.

Six Questions Donald Trump Supporters Need to Answer

Oh, and please, try to resist the temptations of calling me a Hillary supporter, a Dem, or a leftie (I'm none of those), or of deflecting to Obama. I know it will be hard, but see if you can address the questions.
Is Obama a Muslim? Really? They are all gotcha questions. Whoever wrote it knows all the answers.

Old 06-15-2016, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Is Obama a Muslim? Really? They are all gotcha questions. Whoever wrote it knows all the answers.
Well, yeah, in a way they are, but they are gotchas that Trump has opened his supporters up to with his extremist positions.

Old 06-15-2016, 12:13 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,362,897 times
Do you believe that American Muslims are routinely sheltering terrorists?

We were told if we just be nice to them they'll turn over terrorists in droves. I am still waiting for a SINGLE case that actually happened. Far from it. They are sheltered, aided and abetted by their families and community. That goofy dad of his knows a lot more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections