Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 10:12 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,913,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlees View Post
Well well well, just like liberals were blasted for saying needed to be done. How many Trumpsters will now salivate and say what a great idea this is, as if no one ever thought of it before? How many Trumpsters will forget that liberals were blasted for wanting that very same thing?

Trump to meet NRA about banning gun sales for terror list | TheHill

Donald's tweet,
I will be meeting with the NRA, who has endorsed me, about not allowing people on the terrorist watch list, or the no fly list, to buy guns.
This is going to hurt Trump with the no-infringement-on-the-second-amendment-no-matter-what contingent, whose response to the Democrats attempting to do this very thing was THEY'RE TRYING TO TAKE OUR GUNS!!

It makes me wonder if Trump is trying to lose support from his base, because this will do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2016, 10:16 AM

68,404 posts, read 54,700,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
The one thing about Donald Trump, like him or not, he will not make decisions based on Republican or Democrat. Like him or not, that is refreshing. We all should follow suit.
He apparently won't make decisions based on the Constitution either if he thinks denying citizens convicted of nothing a Constitutional right would be a good thing.

Perhaps instead of a wall he should be building internment camps for Muslim Americans?

Old 06-15-2016, 10:18 AM

759 posts, read 643,524 times
Quote:
For both sides, we need to work harder on protecting ourselves. Whether it be through stricter immigration control or stricter gun laws.. it needs to be done. We all need to work together. Terrorist do not care if you are Democrat or Republican, all they care about is that you are American. We need to wake up. Our children are the ones who are going to suffer long term.

Best post in the thread.

Wake up America.

Old 06-15-2016, 10:20 AM

4,710 posts, read 3,499,036 times
Quote:
There's a lot Donald doesn't know. Doesn't matter though, it would be ignored even if he did know, and will be ignored by his loyal fans, or they are just as clueless and can only mimic his talking points.

Imagine if it wasn't partisan and it was able to pass when proposed by liberals. Now liberals are still blasted for doing nothing and Trump pumped up as being the savior. If this wasn't so serious it would be hysterical.
Absolutely right. The hypocrisy is astounding.

Old 06-15-2016, 10:22 AM

89,677 posts, read 45,318,108 times
Quote:
Agree on this. Drugs are a problem and they are illegal. Understood. Nobody is saying it is going to stop the problem. Heck, it may make it worse by having gun sales underground so that we cannot control what is being sold.
Yep.

Quote:
The terrorist have their act together more than we do.
That's because they're not law-abiding people. Easy to do whatever you want whenever you want with no pesky control laws restrictions.

Old 06-15-2016, 10:24 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,646,783 times
Quote:
Well well well, just like liberals were blasted for saying needed to be done. How many Trumpsters will now salivate and say what a great idea this is, as if no one ever thought of it before? How many Trumpsters will forget that liberals were blasted for wanting that very same thing?

Trump to meet NRA about banning gun sales for terror list | TheHill

Donald's tweet,
I will be meeting with the NRA, who has endorsed me, about not allowing people on the terrorist watch list, or the no fly list, to buy guns.

How many times have we proposed just that? It was voted down in Congress - just last year, I believe - by a majority of Republicans - all but ONE voted it down.

NOW that another 50 are dead - it seems like maybe it was a good idea after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Why does the US need the approval of lobbyists to create a law? Thought this was the 'change' all those Trump supporters want. So he goes to get permission of the gun lobby for Congress to act? How disgusting.
Quote:
Damn, cant people just say "I disagree with the man but he is right on this" instead of the stupid partisan politics. Plenty of people supporting Trump over Clinton have always thought people on no fly list should be banned from buying guns. I also think if you are under investigation or ever have been under investigation for terrorist activities (of any nature) and not totally cleared (just closed due to insufficient evidence) you should be banned. Both sides of the coin are to blame on this. Many people on the left believe that would violate privacy laws and infringe on innocent until proven guilty....
I agree. And Obama and 'people on the left' have been proposing that for a LONG time.

Old 06-15-2016, 10:24 AM

4,710 posts, read 3,499,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
This kind of comment says that you are not really interested in talking about the issue of your thread but want to bash anyone who responds unless they share your opinion. Be honest and put that in your opening comment. Something like this : The topic is not important what I'm trying to do is demonize the opposition if they are not supporting my every word on the subject.

What you won't admit to is the position on the left that made the NRA, who at one time did cooperate, take the position they have now. To not give an inch because the lefts goal, in there own words, are a complete and total ban of guns.
Lol. Like the constant President Obama-bashing and demonization shows any willingness to talk about the issues. Unbelievable! Bye!

Old 06-15-2016, 10:25 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,993,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
He apparently won't make decisions based on the Constitution either if he thinks denying citizens convicted of nothing a Constitutional right would be a good thing.

Perhaps instead of a wall he should be building internment camps for Muslim Americans?
Okay, like some of our constitutional rights have not been taken away or severely modified already?
I said I thought a good plan was to have these people re-evaluated (including mental health) during a mandatory wait period.
Also, I am not just talking about Muslim Americans I am talking about ALL citizens who are being investigated for extremist/violent reasons.. so your interment camps for Muslim Americans makes no sense.
What is your plan? How do you propose we enforce stricter gun control so that guns are not legally sold to criminals? Yes, they will buy them anyway. Does not mean we have to hand them over to them.

Old 06-15-2016, 10:26 AM

47,104 posts, read 26,232,889 times
The guy who claimed to be a political outsider is kowtowing to lobbyists already?

Old 06-15-2016, 10:27 AM

89,677 posts, read 45,318,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
You need to give up.

This thread is about "people on terrorists watch list"
No, it isn't. Read the OP. Explicitly also states the 'no fly' list:
Quote:
...not allowing people on the terrorist watch list, or the no fly list, to buy guns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
You need to make an effort. Make obtaining guns legally more difficult for them. That is my point.
How has that worked out for Chicago? And can you guess why it HASN'T worked in Chicago?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections