Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2016, 01:12 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,993,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
That would be someone who'd been arrested and charged, hardly a reasonable comparison to someone who's merely on a watch list.
Last time I checked it was innocent until PROVEN guilty.. not "charged". You do know people are charged with crimes and found not guilty, right? Goes back to my point, suspected criminals are stripped of some freedoms before being found guilty in order to protect citizens from potential further harm. I see it as the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2016, 01:14 PM

68,404 posts, read 54,700,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trump has to ask the NRA for permission before he takes a position. Who's your daddy, Donald? What a loser.
Donald Trump, leading from behind.

Old 06-15-2016, 01:18 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,259,282 times
Then the government can declare anyone a terrorist and thus put them on a watch list. This is a Pandora's box in my opinion.

Old 06-15-2016, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Last time I checked it was innocent until PROVEN guilty.. not "charged". You do know people are charged with crimes and found not guilty, right? Goes back to my point, suspected criminals are stripped of some freedoms before being found guilty in order to protect citizens from potential further harm. I see it as the same thing.
Not 'suspected', people who've been charged which requires a sufficient amount of evidence to warrant charges being brought. And those charged are entitled to face their accuser and hear why charges have been brought, hardly the same as being placed on a list with no knowledge of that happening.

Old 06-15-2016, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trump has to ask the NRA for permission before he takes a position. Who's your daddy, Donald? What a loser.
Where in this statement below do you see he will ask for permission? You do know he is not President, right? He probably knows that NRA influences Republican senators in their votes and is trying to get them to change their stance..
BTW: Calling someone a Loser is very immature. Ever here the saying "only losers call other people losers"?

I will be meeting with the NRA, who has endorsed me, about not allowing people on the terrorist watch list, or the no fly list, to buy guns.

Old 06-15-2016, 01:25 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,855,394 times
Quote:
The one thing about Donald Trump, like him or not, he will not make decisions based on Republican or Democrat. Like him or not, that is refreshing. We all should follow suit.
Yep, I agree.

Old 06-15-2016, 01:27 PM

7,272 posts, read 5,326,606 times
Quote:
Not 'suspected', people who've been charged which requires a sufficient amount of evidence to warrant charges being brought. And those charged are entitled to face their accuser and hear why charges have been brought, hardly the same as being placed on a list with no knowledge of that happening.
Although there is truth to your statement, we live in a dangerous world where terrorist cells are probably bountiful on U.S. soil already. Taking precautions that infringe on a groups rights regardless if they whine more so than they deserve is a wiser choice than sweeping things under the rugs as more innocent people perish.

Knowledge or not, the inept government finds something to warrant a person being placed on a watch list. I too would push to have anyone on that list suspended from buying a gun. We live everyday in our lives with insurance, banking, etc where we might get hung up in our everyday lives trying to clear an issue. This is a far more serious issue than that.

Old 06-15-2016, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Where in this statement below do you see he will ask for permission? You do know he is not President, right? He probably knows that NRA influences Republican senators in their votes and is trying to get them to change their stance..

BTW: Calling someone a Loser is very immature. Ever here the saying "only losers call other people losers"?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-donald-trump/

Go get 'em Donny!

Old 06-15-2016, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Many people who are charged with a crime are in fact found not guilty. That's a fact.
Again, hopefully, one day in my life time all of us adults can come together and make some decisions based on compromise and the good of our country. This my side, your side, is getting old so fast.
National Security needs to be on the forefront, whether its border control, gun control, immigration reform.. All of the other issues we bicker about daily will mean nothing if dirty bombs go off simultaneously on both coasts..
A start would be making an effort to prevent potential terrorist (of any religion) gaining access to guns legally. If anything, once passed, next time we are attacked by mass shooting by a terrorist we can all be on the same page and blame the terrorist and not the gun.

Old 06-15-2016, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Although there is truth to your statement, we live in a dangerous world where terrorist cells are probably bountiful on U.S. soil already. Taking precautions that infringe on a groups rights regardless if they whine more so than they deserve is a wiser choice than sweeping things under the rugs as more innocent people perish.
Based on what part of the Constitution? I'm not talking about aliens but American citizens. What part of the Constitution validates stripping rights over suspicion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Knowledge or not, the inept government finds something to warrant a person being placed on a watch list. I too would push to have anyone on that list suspended from buying a gun. We live everyday in our lives with insurance, banking, etc where we might get hung up in our everyday lives trying to clear an issue. This is a far more serious issue than that.
You label the government inept yet trust it to strip rights from citizens based on nothing but suspicion?

Please the logic of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections