Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 01:55 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,351,772 times

Advertisements

As a big Trump supporter. .. I have to admit... most Americans hate him...he can't win. I don't even think Trump will get nominated. I agree with what Trump says, but most people dont... Trump will get crushed by Hillary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2016, 02:02 PM

469 posts, read 579,597 times

Old 06-15-2016, 02:12 PM

759 posts, read 641,624 times
I LOL'ed... ^

He's from WV so he must be a coal mining Hillary lover.

Old 06-15-2016, 02:54 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,612,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
There is so much time between now and 5 months from now: so much can happen. Anyone bringing up Johnson forgets he was only elected once, I don't care how long Kennedy was in office. It is not the same as Reagan/Ford.

Now, will it happen in 2016, quite possibly, and will it be a blow out? Possibly; in either direction for that matter but OP, don't get too excited. A year ago the odds of Trump being the GOP candidate were about 100 to 1 in Vegas; boy do I wish I had bet $50 or $100 on that one.

You and me both! We'd be rich today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeC View Post
I was only pointing out history in response to the OP's "it could be a blowout."

History says the American people vote in... every 8 years... change. Not more of the same.

Did you even watch Trump's speech? Of course you didn't... you've been too busy being spoonfed the "Trump is a bigot, Hillary is the greatest" by the MSM.

Yes, but as I've been hearing over and over and over - this election is like no other. Throw the rules out the window.

I've watched every Trump speech that's been shoved in my face by that MSM that he now pretends to hate.

I didn't like what I saw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
An Opinion Article from The Daily Beast about Trump? LOL

There will be a blowout. Clinton's loss. She can't with without the middle class, and the middle class can't anymore of the Democrat's war against them. It's that simple.

LOL. Surely the Daily Beast can't compete with your regular offerings of the Daily Mail and Infowars.

Donald can't win because he doesn't have the female vote AND he doesn't have the minority votes. All he has are the white male votes and there aren't enough of those to put him in the WH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Clinton is my candidate. She is not perfect. She is shady. But she and her spouse are politicians who are in it to make things better for others as long as they get a cut. Trump is in it all for himself and his family. He would tank the US if it would help himself. He is not a patriot he is a con man and a megalomaniac.
"Pathological self-congratulatory" ~ my favorite part of Clinton's speech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeC View Post
I LOL'ed... ^

He's from WV so he must be a coal mining Hillary lover.
Way to stereotype.

Old 06-15-2016, 03:41 PM

754 posts, read 488,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
As a big Trump supporter. .. I have to admit... most Americans hate him...he can't win. I don't even think Trump will get nominated. I agree with what Trump says, but most people dont... Trump will get crushed by Hillary
Well I applaud that, unlike the rest of Trump supporters at least your realistic.

I don't mind people supporting Trump, but at least acknowledge his 70% unfavorable rating and crappy poll numbers right now. Don't sell us his electability or the fact that he will win in a "landslide" until there is some hard evidence to back it up, not because your "gut" tells you he will win in a landslide.

Old 06-15-2016, 04:06 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,632,260 times
We're still nearly five months from election day. That's virtually an eternity in a political campaign and a whole lot can and will happen between then and now.

I'm old and I've been voting and watching politics for a long time now. At this point it looks like it could be a big win for Hillary. But this point is a long way from election day.

I see 3 possible outcomes:

1) Hill wins by a slim margin
2) Hill wins by a big margin
3) Drumpf wins by a slim margin

I think #1 is most likely and #3 is least likely.

Old 06-15-2016, 04:21 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,220,560 times
Trump still in primary mode. You have the right wing base already.

I'm dying at the people who said

"When he clinched the nomination he"ll pivot to the center"

Old 06-15-2016, 04:24 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,757,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Trump still in primary mode. You have the right wing base already.
Nope. Trump has a lot of Independents and ex-Democrats as his base. It's the Right Wing who hasn't signed on yet.

Old 06-15-2016, 04:26 PM

754 posts, read 488,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
We're still nearly five months from election day. That's virtually an eternity in a political campaign and a whole lot can and will happen between then and now.
Yes however there are some very very obvious signs that have apparant to some of us for quite a while now.

- Trump has enormous unfavourable numbers, around 70%, that have been stayed consistent for the best part of a year.
- Some of his policy proposals on immigration, deportation and his muslim ban, are way way way too extreme and outside the norm of most Americans, rendering him unelectable.
- He has no money (or refuses to spend any of it)
- His campaign structure/organisation is virtually non existent.
- He polls terribly in most general matchups against democrats
- He rarely does any research or fact checking and this ultamitely will make him look like an idiot in the debates.
- He has little or no support within his own party.
- The media despise him.

Baring a miracle, this all points to an election defeat. Unless he pivots drastically (which some of us thought he would) then I can't see how he wins with 70% unfavorables, 85% unfavorables with blacks and Hispanics, 75% with women. Shocking numbers.

These numbers have been like that for the best part of a year now, and his supporters are totally blinded by any of it. They don't care. If he goes into the general election with those policies (which it looks like he is) then he will not win. I don't see any pathway to victory for him in that case. He'll cap himself at not much more than 40%.

He needs to change and it doesn't look like he's gonna do it. Great for his deluded supporters, terrible for the Republican party.

Old 06-15-2016, 04:58 PM

759 posts, read 641,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpshooterTom View Post
Well I applaud that, unlike the rest of Trump supporters at least your realistic.

I don't mind people supporting Trump, but at least acknowledge his 70% unfavorable rating and crappy poll numbers right now. Don't sell us his electability or the fact that he will win in a "landslide" until there is some hard evidence to back it up, not because your "gut" tells you he will win in a landslide.
I'm plenty realistic... and Trump can win. Voters need to show up of course.

Landslide? Of course not. But 271-266 and 286-251 much like W are definitely possible. GOP candidates have to do well in the swing states... which everybody knows.

Has anyone noticed the Democratic posts?

"Hillary is bad but Trump is worse." That's the Democrats entire strategy... To paint Trump as a worse candidate than she is. Hard to believe but it's true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections