Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 12:15 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,485,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Trump to give speech in response ....
a reactionary ill-thought tweet wouldn't suffice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

14,834 posts, read 7,433,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I don't see anywhere where the NYT called Obama "un-presidential." http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/16/us...t-trouble.html

In fact, the article seemed to side with Mr. Obama, not Trump.

Really? Trump's poll numbers have fallen sharply.
Trump supporters have an amazing capacity to manufacture an alternate reality they want to see.

19,792 posts, read 13,975,921 times
Quote:
The most dangerous mind is a closed one. I try to waste very little time with people who openly admit they are closed minded. I do try to listen to both sides because the truth is often somewhere in the middle. To often a tactic of the leftist is to get someone else to do the work for them. I generally don't cooperate but you seem like a good guy so I will make an exception and as you correctly point out it was my thread/headline.

President Obama Criticizes G.O.P. Field, Particularly Donald Trump. That was the headlines of the N.Y.T.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/17/us...ald-trump.html

Not the first either.

Obama blasts Donald Trump, Republican presidential candidates - Washington Times
Both articles are from February.

Old 06-15-2016, 12:17 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,695,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philkirkham View Post
The thread title implies that Trump is replying to Obama's recent speech, not ones from months ago.
Where in that speech did he attack the GOP?
From the new speech:

Though he did not mention Trump by name, Obama lambasted his proposals to ban all Muslims from immigrating to the United States and challenged Republican leaders to reject his demagoguery.

Funny you guys only want details when it's not your guy but the one you oppose.

Old 06-15-2016, 12:19 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,433,395 times
Quote:
From the new speech:

Though he did not mention Trump by name, Obama lambasted his proposals to ban all Muslims from immigrating to the United States and challenged Republican leaders to reject his demagoguery.
And many of them have sided with Obama and did just that, or they refused to comment.

Old 06-15-2016, 12:22 PM

47,020 posts, read 26,085,167 times
Quote:
The N.Y.T. called it Obama being un-presidential and a low point in history.
Did you have a link for that?

Old 06-15-2016, 12:23 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,315,576 times
Quote:
Trump to give speech in response to Obama attack on him and the GOP. What some people are calling Obama's tantrum. The N.Y.T. called it Obama being un-presidential and a low point in history. He looked like he was responding like a child. Trump has said we have people that are acting like babies. He has a point there it seems as he is getting some agreement.

Remember Obama the guy that received the Nobel Peace Prize. Maybe we should have the Nobel Appeasement Prize. He could win that with little criticism.
Trump sets the agenda everyday. That's how he won the nomination. When you are responding, you are losing.

Old 06-15-2016, 12:26 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,786,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
How did Obama attack the GOP? The GOP members who would respond (and many wouldn't), including Corker, criticized Trump.
OMG, you got to be freaking kidding. Won't don't you listen to Obama instead of cooing over him? Go back and listen to all his previous speeches and you'll see he can't even get 3-4 minutes in and he's already attacking republicans.

I've started a policy along time ago, the minute Obama starts attacking republicans I shut the TV off. Needless to say, I never get to hear much of him.

Obama is full of hate for anyone who doesn't agree with him no matter what he says or does, Hate for anyone who does' t coo and aww over his existance.

Old 06-15-2016, 12:31 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,695,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
And many of them have sided with Obama and did just that, or they refused to comment.
The ones that do get little mention because the MSM want to feed people like mushrooms and keep them in the dark. It works all to well and we need to change that. Here is my contribution.

But Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.), a member of the Homeland Security Committee, took issue with Obama in a written statement. “You’re wrong,” he said. “Telling the truth about violent Islam is a prerequisite to a strategy — a strategy you admitted you don’t have. It is the Commander-in-Chief’s duty to actually identify our enemies and to help the American people understand the challenge of violent Islam.”

Rep. Ed Royce (R-Calif.), chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, said that Obama “still doesn’t have a plan to defeat ISIS. The White House’s inaction and ineptness allowed these radical Islamist terrorists to spread across Syria, Iraq and Libya."

Here is a comment from another time also. I include it as the three different occasions set a pattern.

The president didn’t spare the other GOP presidential candidates from criticism, although Mr. Trump was the only one he mentioned by name. He criticized Sen. Marco Rubio, Florida Republican, for abandoning the immigration reform bill he once supported.

Thank you for your support !!!!

Old 06-15-2016, 06:04 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,711,176 times
Quote:
From the new speech:

Funny you guys only want details when it's not your guy but the one you oppose.
Here, have some details from the opposition - the actual text of obama's speech yesterday:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...r-isil-meeting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections