Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 05:10 PM

16,375 posts, read 22,594,424 times

Advertisements

"My way or the highway" is basically what Trump said to the GOP.

Trump is crashing and burning before our very eyes. I think he is melting down due to his low poll numbers against Hillary, lower volume of people coming to his events plus the push back from others in the GOP. Plus no money for his campaign.

Old 06-15-2016, 05:11 PM

24,228 posts, read 15,293,780 times
Go it alone? WIll he get the nomination from the Republicans to run on their ticket?

As an independent, it is too late to get on the ballot in some states.

Somebody needs a government lesson.

It is beginning to look like my very first thought was correct.

Bill and Trump dreamed this up so Billary would win. it was so easy to trash the Republican Party.

Old 06-15-2016, 05:15 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,723,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It's politics. They get over it. Here's the thing.

Trump has received more votes than any of them. Far far more.

That's all that matters.
Far more votes than whom? Care to back up your words with facts - names and number of votes for each?

Assuming you are talking about all republicans who are saying they don't want trump, not just the ones who were running for prez... Even among those, trump didn't get "far, far more" votes than they did... he just go more votes. Average 35-40% of the votes in the primaries, doesn't equal "far, far more", except in very flawed math.

Old 06-15-2016, 05:15 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,760,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
The message that I hear is that one isn't allowed to disagree with him. If you don't, you're fired.
You must be referring to Obama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I wonder how many more Republicans he pissed off because of that ridiculous performance? He's lecturing people who have been Republicans for years on what they should do and not do. Bound to go over well!
Republicans have been in office for years, you are right. Far too many years. They got comfortable in their cushy jobs, in comes Trump who doesn't NEED a cushy job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
The "allies" in the Republican party are part of the problem.....They were elected by the people to change the status quo in government and they have let us down....Why would they want to change their cushy job and help elect someone who is going to bash heads and take names...Their ideas have done nothing to further the Republican Party.
Its about time we get rid of waste and incompetence in our government. If Trump and the people can do it without them more power to him!!!
Not crazy about Trump for a lot of reasons, but he sure does shake people out of their complacency.
And D.C. needs a shake-up just as the people need a wake-up.

Old 06-15-2016, 05:18 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,814,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Far more votes than whom? Care to back up your words with facts - names and number of votes for each?.....
What Republican in Congress has gotten more votes than Trump? - None

What previous candidate for GOP nomination has gotten more votes than Trump? - None

Trump has won over 1500 Delegates. Far more than needed for Nomination. You guys said it was going to be a contested convention. Wrong. Now you try again. Wrong again. I call it grasping at straws.

Trump has the voters on his side. This is all that he needs.

Old 06-15-2016, 05:20 PM

39,185 posts, read 51,552,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Another empty threat. trump won't go it alone, because he likes to use other people's money. If he left the GOP, they wouldn't have to give him financial backing... and does he have enough 'really rich muslim friends" who would be willing to fund his campaign? I think not.
He may not have much choice. Top Republicans are coming out every day saying they won't vote for him including Maryland's governor today. Trump is such a hopeless candidate that a 10 yo comic made a joke about him on America's Got Talent and got the best applause of her performance. In today's ABC poll, 55% said they would never vote for Trump. That's a majority.

Old 06-15-2016, 05:21 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,814,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
... Trump is such a hopeless candidate that a 10 yo comic made a joke about him on America's Got Talent and got the best applause of her performance. .....
Hopeless candidate?

More people voted for him than any other GOP nominee in history.

Then again, you are citing "America's Got Talent" as source of knowledge.

12,372 posts, read 9,351,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Go it alone? WIll he get the nomination from the Republicans to run on their ticket?

As an independent, it is too late to get on the ballot in some states.

Somebody needs a government lesson.

It is beginning to look like my very first thought was correct.

Bill and Trump dreamed this up so Billary would win. it was so easy to trash the Republican Party.
That's a crazy theory considering how egotistic and self-centered Donald is. He only works for himself and his own adulation. He's also got the loosest lips in the history of politics and couldn't keep a plot to wipe is own butt with Gold Leaf a secret.

I wish he would split with the party and go his own way but it's too late for that to happen.

26,576 posts, read 14,531,473 times
i would so love for the GOP leadership to proclaim:

"great! don't let the door hit 'ya where the good lord split 'ya. nomination up for grabs. thunderdome decides."

but, alas, i doubt that will come to pass.

Old 06-15-2016, 05:23 PM

39,185 posts, read 51,552,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hopeless candidate?

More people voted for him than any other GOP nominee in history.

Then again, you are citing "America's Got Talent" as source of knowledge.
Good catch. I meant "hapless".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections