Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 06:00 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,345,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Whichever word is used still the same.

Trump won more votes than any GOP nominee in history.

This speaks volumes about the effectiveness of his campaign & message.

It doesn't go without notice that those who told us this could never happen, starting with "Trump will drop out", were proved absolutely wrong. The Deranged never give up even though Trump continues to prove them wrong time after time. It's just more of the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
That is irrelevant. He needs 5 times the amount of votes he got in the primaries to win a general.

Good luck with that.

And he's not going it alone anyhow.

He has stolen Hillary Clinton's position on gun control.

Hillary Clinton Welcomes Donald Trump To The Cause Of Gun Control
Quote:
Votes are now irrelevant? Haha nope.
I know you like to edit posts to fit your responses, but you lose the gist of the post to which you are replying when you do that (and I'm fairly certain editing posts is bad netiquette, if not against the TOS--just bold the words to which you are replying).

Yes, the amount of votes is irrelevant in the big picture of the general election in which Trump needs 5 times the amount of votes he received in the primaries to win.

Old 06-15-2016, 06:00 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,156,838 times
Quote:
This speaks for itself.

(BTW, Hillary failed to win enough pledged delegates, as Trump did. She has to have the Super Delegates give it to her. Seems to me that by your own stated standards, you should be criticizing her instead.)
She will have her hand on the bible soon being sworn in as the next President of the USA! Your boy will be back to not paying taxes, filing for bankruptcy, and stiffing his vendors.

Old 06-15-2016, 06:01 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,814,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i thought the "thunderdome" reference would make it blatantly obvious that it was a whimsical fantasy scenario. obviously i was mistaken.
I have no idea what this is supposed to mean relative to this topic.

But it's obvious that you can't address anything I've said with either logic or fact.

You guys were proven wrong, time after time by Trump.

He isn't along. He's got millions of voters behind him.

Old 06-15-2016, 06:10 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,176,424 times
In case he hasn't noticed, he has not officially been anointed as the GOP nominee yet. Thus, he is only the "presumptive Republican nominee." That won't happen until at the RNC convention, if it happens at all.

In essence, he will be asking the party to make him GOP's nominee (read that again). More than statements about Muslims or Mexicans, his basically disavowing the party will risk his nomination. We know that he has not campaigned for any down ticket Republicans, and has barely helped them to raise money. None of the notable Republicans (other than Jeff Sessions and Chris Christies) have enthusiastically endorsed him.

If Trump says explicitly that he will go at it alone, the party may very well say, "fine, run as an independent, we will put up a real Republican nominee." He certainly didn't have to seek Republican nomination, and if he wants the GOP nomination and all the benefits of it, he would be asked to be a team player.

The rules committee can certainly unbound the pledged delegates for the first vote. Yes, there would be riots if Trump is robbed of the nomination. But I get the sense that some Republicans are willing to deal with that. Bye Cleveland.

Mick

Old 06-15-2016, 06:12 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,156,838 times
Quote:
I have no idea what this is supposed to mean relative to this topic.

But it's obvious that you can't address anything I've said with either logic or fact.

You guys were proven wrong, time after time by Trump.

He isn't along. He's got millions of voters behind him.
Time will tell WK but I like Hillary's chances way more than Donny's. But if you want to keep drinking the Trump kool aid I can't stop you. Bet its orange flavored kool aid right?

Old 06-15-2016, 06:18 PM

19,792 posts, read 14,006,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I think Trump should tell the GOP to shut up, and fall in line.

That's what Hillary did, so told the dems to shut up about her imminent indictment, and just make it go away.
Hillary's policy positions are the same as Democratic voters and the Democratic Party. Unless you know something the rest of use do not, there is no imminent indictment.

On the other hand, Trump's positions violate time-space by being everywhere at the same time but generally contrary to Republican positions -- except for lowering taxes on the rich.

Old 06-15-2016, 06:29 PM

26,576 posts, read 14,531,473 times
Quote:
the only thing of your's i've addressed in this thread was you not understanding a common pop-culture reference point.

Old 06-15-2016, 06:32 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,355,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
I think it was a vanity run all along. He never expected he would win the primary races and now confronted with rising universal bi party criticism at some point he will throw in the towel and leave the GOP scrambling for another candidate.

He got an ego kick out of stumping around the country with his personal attacks, bigoted statements, conspiracy theories and innuendos. Now that he's facing a general election and has to address real life and death issues with in depth well thought out solutions he's at a loss to put together anything of substance.

With his thin skin, temperament and lack of knowledge and experience in domestic and international affairs he would implode under the pressure of the presidency and he is well aware of this. Back to the private jet and the golf courses Donald.

I'm actually wondering if this is going to happen as well. I don't think his ego will let him absorb a blowout in November so if he feels like that's going to happen, I can see him bowing out with some excuse leaving the GOP scrambling.

I think the GOP leaders have already written this election off either way. Some will publicly say they prefer him to Hillary but I doubt behind closed doors most of them truly feel that way. What's important to the GOP now is protecting the senate and house seats.

Old 06-15-2016, 06:33 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,694,297 times
Quote:
This speaks for itself.

(BTW, Hillary failed to win enough pledged delegates, as Trump did. She has to have the Super Delegates give it to her. Seems to me that by your own stated standards, you should be criticizing her instead.)
Well, the democrats had two pretty good candidates, unlike the repulsive line-up the republicans started with. Clinton got more than enough votes to clinch the nomination.

Old 06-15-2016, 06:36 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,694,297 times
Quote:
Can you name anyone else who spends $54,000,000 of his own money for something the doesn't want?
Nope. Only trump is stupid and egotistical enough to do that. Becoming president is secondary for him. He just wants to win (he won't).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections