Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 06:44 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,355,812 times

Advertisements

I love Trump's fight. I am definitely going to vote for him if he's the nominee. But, it's obvious that the majority of Americans will not vote for him.

People just do not see the world the way I do. I think Trump would be a great president. The fact is ... a lot more Americans would prefer Hillary as president.

Old 06-15-2016, 06:45 PM

1,542 posts, read 1,132,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpshooterTom View Post
They should just throw him out. He has no money, no support, poll numbers tanking, spouting racist remarks and more damagingly he's now destroying the image of the Republican party with Hispanics and women which could be catastrophic long term. He gets his information from Breitbart and Infowars.com, the guys a nut.

His supporters will go crazy, but who cares, let them sit at home. If you keep those guys part of your electorate they'll be at it again electing more racist candidates in 2020 and 2024. Not worth it. I'd take the hit, at least you can say you rejected and stood up to racist nonsense and have your party back.

Most people don't even pay any attention until after the conventions are over and the debates start....Trump thinks what the common man thinks, once he starts on Hillary's crimes she will be toast. Right now most of the people are focused on where they will go on vacation, paying little attention to the news and are just going by what their friends are telling them is coming through the media. Once the general election starts and people use their common sense Hillary will go down in flames. Her little jump in the polls happened to Trump too when the primaries were over.

Old 06-15-2016, 06:45 PM

13,684 posts, read 10,081,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Can you name anyone else who spends $54,000,000 of his own money for something the doesn't want?
He didn't spend the money to get the job. (Not that he planned on actually spending the money, he's scheming to get it back).

He spent the money in an orgy of egotism and self promotion. He spent the money to advertise Trump™.

He doesn't want the job and couldn't care less about you or anyone else.

Old 06-15-2016, 06:49 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,355,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
Most people don't even pay any attention until after the conventions are over and the debates start....Trump thinks what the common man thinks, once he starts on Hillary's crimes she will be toast. Right now most of the people are focused on where they will go on vacation, paying little attention to the news and are just going by what their friends are telling them is coming through the media. Once the general election starts and people use their common sense Hillary will go down in flames. Her little jump in the polls happened to Trump too when the primaries were over.
As a Trump supporter. .. I hope you're right. But I disagree, the majority of Americans don't see the world the way we Trump supporters do. It's a tough time for Trump supporters. I will vote for him...but he's toast

Old 06-15-2016, 06:50 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,156,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
In case he hasn't noticed, he has not officially been anointed as the GOP nominee yet. Thus, he is only the "presumptive Republican nominee." That won't happen until at the RNC convention, if it happens at all.

In essence, he will be asking the party to make him GOP's nominee (read that again). More than statements about Muslims or Mexicans, his basically disavowing the party will risk his nomination. We know that he has not campaigned for any down ticket Republicans, and has barely helped them to raise money. None of the notable Republicans (other than Jeff Sessions and Chris Christies) have enthusiastically endorsed him.

If Trump says explicitly that he will go at it alone, the party may very well say, "fine, run as an independent, we will put up a real Republican nominee." He certainly didn't have to seek Republican nomination, and if he wants the GOP nomination and all the benefits of it, he would be asked to be a team player.

The rules committee can certainly unbound the pledged delegates for the first vote. Yes, there would be riots if Trump is robbed of the nomination. But I get the sense that some Republicans are willing to deal with that. Bye Cleveland.

Mick
While your reasoning is sound in the end, I doubt Reince, Ryan, McConnell and the other establishment types have the guts to deny Trump the nomination. At this point the strategy I see playing out, is they plan to let him flame out on his own, and then funnel the money and attention to vulnerable senate and house members.

They'll just stop talking about him and let him twist in the wind. Best choice of a lot of bad options for the repubs, I don't feel sorry for them, and they still lose the Senate and get to see Hillary sworn in as POTUS!

Old 06-15-2016, 06:58 PM

754 posts, read 489,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
While your reasoning is sound in the end, I doubt Reince, Ryan, McConnell and the other establishment types have the guts to deny Trump the nomination. At this point the strategy I see playing out, is they plan to let him flame out on his own, and then funnel the money and attention to vulnerable senate and house members.

They'll just stop talking about him and let him twist in the wind. Best choice of a lot of bad options for the repubs, I don't feel sorry for them, and they still lose the Senate and get to see Hillary sworn in as POTUS!
That's a bad strategy as there is generally a correlation between the nominee's general election performance and downballot performance. If he is 10+ points down then all the money in the world wont stop them losing the senate and bleeding heavily in the house.

Old 06-15-2016, 07:06 PM

4,710 posts, read 3,499,663 times
IMHO this has always been trump's BIG FAT BUCKET LIST (at the expense of all). And we all know what that means...

Old 06-15-2016, 07:14 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,156,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpshooterTom View Post
That's a bad strategy as there is generally a correlation between the nominee's general election performance and downballot performance. If he is 10+ points down then all the money in the world wont stop them losing the senate and bleeding heavily in the house.
Never said it was a good strategy but it's the only one they have as Trump isn't going to play ball with them. He is a loose cannon that can't be controlled or reigned in and clearly not a team player. And again if they deny him the nomination it will make Chicago in 1968 look like a picnic.

So the repubs are in deep you know what no matter what they do.

It's a great show though - almost like reality TV!

Old 06-15-2016, 07:16 PM

26,576 posts, read 14,532,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Can you name anyone else who spends $54,000,000 of his own money ....
that has yet to be seen. the vast majority of the money that trump has put into his campaign has been specifically a loan and not a donation. he's still eligible to pay himself back from his campaign finances.

Old 06-15-2016, 07:27 PM

4,710 posts, read 3,499,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
As a Trump supporter. .. I hope you're right. But I disagree, the majority of Americans don't see the world the way we Trump supporters do. It's a tough time for Trump supporters. I will vote for him...but he's toast
Seems like you're having fun...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections