Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 03:30 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,475,034 times

Advertisements

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/gop-d...172400820.html

Quote:
GOP Demands New Criminal Investigation of Clinton, This Time for Perjury
Quote:
“Did the FBI investigate her statements under oath on this topic?” Chaffetz asked Comey.

“Not to my knowledge,” the FBI director replied. “I don’t think there’s been a referral from Congress.”

“Do you need a referral from Congress to investigate her statements under oath?”

“Sure do.”

“You’ll have one,” Chaffetz promised. “You’ll have one in the next few hours.”
Sounds like game on?

Quote:
Lying to Congress under oath is, theoretically, a serious criminal charge that can carry jail time; it isn’t one that is frequently prosecuted. However, it would be a reason to drag Clinton up to Capitol Hill for more embarrassing hearings -- hearings that would probably sound a lot like the one conducted by Chaffetz and his colleagues today.

He, Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC) and other Republicans repeatedly and effectively hammered Clinton simply by restating the facts of the case. Gowdy was particularly effective by reading back statements the Clinton had made about her use of the private server and then asking Comey if they were true.
So how can she wiggle out of this one about the lying angle? How about, I didn't "intend" to lie?

One has to wonder though.....in the new world order, it sounds like if intent isn't there, one isn't guilty of anything really so why can't lying be acceptable now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 03:33 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,302,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/gop-d...172400820.html

Sounds like game on?

So how can she wiggle out of this one about the lying angle? How about, I didn't "intend" to lie?

One has to wonder though.....in the new world order, it sounds like if intent isn't there, one isn't guilty of anything really so why can't lying be acceptable now?
My guess is that she will say she was unaware of the 3 emails or whatever there was out of 30,000+ emails that the FBI found at the time she testify and didn't intentionally lie.

Old 07-07-2016, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
My guess is that she was unaware of the 3 emails or whatever there was out of 30,000+ emails that the FBI found at the time she testify and didn't intentionally lie.
Goes way beyond that:

Quote:
Gowdy: Secretary Clinton said there was nothing marked classified on her emails, either sent or received. Is that true?

Comey: That’s not true, there were a small number of portion markings on, I think, three of the documents.

Gowdy: Secretary Clinton said, “I did not email any classified material to anyone on my email, there is no classified material.” Was that true?

Comey: There was classified material emailed.

Gowdy: Secretary Clinton said she used just one device. Was that true?

Comey: She used multiple devices during the four years of her term as secretary of state.

Gowdy: Secretary Clinton said all work-related emails were returned to the State Department. Was that true?

Related: Get Ready for 4 More Years of GOP Investigations If Clinton Wins
Comey: No, we found work-related emails –thousands -- that were not returned.
And who cares if it was 1, 2, 3, or 100? It's her job/responsibility to know. Read the exchange above on that matter and far more that I think anyone reading this would say is lie after lie.

I think you'll admit Bureaucat.....if you did the things she did/said and you were in a lower position, you would have had your security clearance stripped, fined, lost your job, and most likely jailed and convicted on many different items.

Old 07-07-2016, 03:41 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,648,890 times
Most of her supporters won't care if she purjured herself. Lying is par for the course for the Democrat party.

Old 07-07-2016, 03:41 PM

1,268 posts, read 799,321 times
You have fun with that.

You guys never learn. Today, the committee questions certainly helped Clinton. It made the FBI director repeatedly say she didn't commit a crime. In addition, it busted that just like Petraus myth they have been trying to float.

Keep up your "investigations". They are killing you.

Old 07-07-2016, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post
You have fun with that.

You guys never learn. Today, the committee questions certainly helped Clinton. It made the FBI director repeatedly say she didn't commit a crime. In addition, it busted that just like Petraus myth they have been trying to float.

So at the very least, an incompetent and/or lying individual the fbi director called "extremely careless" with highly classified info and beyond doesn't phase you at all? This is the kind of person you want leading the nation?

FBI boss James Comey's 7 most damning lines on Hillary Clinton - CNNPolitics.com

And what does "learning" have to do with this? You don't see the 2 tier justice we have in this nation? You are ok with this as long as your team D/buddy gets in office and "wins"? If you did this you'd have your self in jail/fined/lose your job in no time I bet.....you're cool with that?

Old 07-07-2016, 03:51 PM

25,974 posts, read 22,154,119 times
What a liar and yes, she is most certainly guilty of perjury!

Two More Ways Hillary Clinton Committed Perjury over Benghazi

Anyone that ever expects the truth from Hillary Clinton will be extremely disappointed. I actually think some of her supporters must have the same moral code and think it is great that she gets away with stuff. Seriously, if I were going to hire an employee, I wouldn't hire the one with a Hillary bumper sticker.

Old 07-07-2016, 03:56 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,541,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post
You have fun with that.

Yep. Perjury is even harder to prove than gross negligence. You have to knowingly make false or misleading statements.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Yep. Perjury is even harder to prove than gross negligence.
The concise gowdy exchange I highlighted above with the fbi man isn't perjury?

If it's not "perjury", you don't call it at the very least lying?

Either or, perjury, lying, whatever the definition is, you are ok voting for someone making statements that weren't true according to the fbi testimony today I highlighted above? Why would you vote for someone like this.....I trust you don't support/trust/want to be around people in your own life who lie so why would want one running the nation who by the fbi statements/gowdy questions/answers who I think most rational people would call outright lying?

Old 07-07-2016, 04:06 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,481,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Most of her supporters won't care if she purjured herself. Lying is par for the course for the Democrat party.
Do their lies kill people? Just sayin`
Study: Bush, aides made 935 false statements in run-up to war - CNN.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections