Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 07:35 AM

63,509 posts, read 29,531,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Actually older Cubans tend to vote GOP based on that parties' pandering on the issue of Cuba hence how somebody like Rubio got elected from Miami.
The younger Cubans voted heavily for Obama twice & won Miami-Dade county. The second largest Hispanic group in Florida are Puerto Ricans who favor Dems.
Both of these groups have no stakes in the immigration issue since they are legal residents & US citizens but are offended by Trump's remarks toward their fellow Hispanics.
I predict he will lose their votes here in Florida.

The only thing that Cubans and Puerto Ricans have in common with Mexicans and other Latinos is the Spanish language. Culturally they are different and as I have stated have no horse in the race of illegal immigration and amnesty. I seriously doubt they consider them fellow Hispanics and why would they be offended by Trump's remarks about illegal aliens? If what you are claiming is true than all groups of Hispanics have a tribal mentality. I certainly hope that's not true as that is racism to its core.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2016, 08:57 AM

29,025 posts, read 30,470,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The only thing that Cubans and Puerto Ricans have in common with Mexicans and other Latinos is the Spanish language. Culturally they are different and as I have stated have no horse in the race of illegal immigration and amnesty. I seriously doubt they consider them fellow Hispanics and why would they be offended by Trump's remarks about illegal aliens? If what you are claiming is true than all groups of Hispanics have a tribal mentality. I certainly hope that's not true as that is racism to its core.
no one cares who comes to this country, as long as they work hard to become part of the neighborhood and not work against us...by expecting free bees....

yes, we we are certainly a nation of immigrants, with one big difference, they worked hard to be come American, not prance around throwing their nationality at us, in parades, and so forth, while they are illegals....while they strain our hospitals, schools, and taxes.....

No one cares about any nationality coming here to live, as long as they become a working member of the community....when they don't, they work against us....and use us, to live, no one likes to be used.

Old 07-19-2016, 11:11 AM

10,300 posts, read 6,403,913 times
[quote=Oldglory;44806089]Floridian Hispanics are mostly Cubans though they aren't Mexican-Americans. They tend to be conservatives and don't have an interest in amnesty as most Cubans aren't here illegally. "The southwest is a whole different ball of wax"

Souhtwest Florida is more Mexican Americans. Then there are the Puerto Ricans (fastest growing Hispanics), who CANNOT be illegals, in the Orlando area.

I will not get into the Haitian/American, Caribbean (Black) populations. I am sure they will be giving a big Trumps up.

Old 07-19-2016, 12:11 PM

13,560 posts, read 10,425,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Actually older Cubans tend to vote GOP based on that parties' pandering on the issue of Cuba hence how somebody like Rubio got elected from Miami.
The younger Cubans voted heavily for Obama twice & won Miami-Dade county. The second largest Hispanic group in Florida are Puerto Ricans who favor Dems.
Both of these groups have no stakes in the immigration issue since they are legal residents & US citizens but are offended by Trump's remarks toward their fellow Hispanics.
I predict he will lose their votes here in Florida.
Yes - and it's surprising that Cuban Americans overall have such a negative view of Trump. That's not good for Don as the Cubans are or were probably the best bet for him to win over, but that's not happening:

Will Donald Trump drive Miami Cuban Americans from GOP? New poll says yes | Miami Herald

Old 07-19-2016, 12:32 PM

14,974 posts, read 8,287,566 times
Quote:
Trump is uniting the party as Group of Latino Conservatives Are Now Backing Trump
If they do, they all need an immediate Psych evaluation!
He has done nothing but spew bigoted, insulting racist insults at them.

Old 07-19-2016, 12:37 PM

33,610 posts, read 18,286,361 times
Trump is the uniter, Hillary divides us and puts us into groups.. Trump sees all as wonderful Americans! Trump will put America first ,not as globalist Hillary will do. Giving jobs away..

The more labor that flows over the borders in all areas, white collar and blue collar , it brings down wages. We need to make sure Americans find good paying jobs and stop the influx of cheap illegal labor.

Old 07-19-2016, 01:13 PM

68,410 posts, read 54,706,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
She's clueless like most left wing voters.
Must be frustrating when ya'll get whupped by the allegedly clueless, eh?

Old 07-19-2016, 01:14 PM

68,410 posts, read 54,706,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taratova View Post
trump is the uniter, hillary divides us and puts us into groups.. Trump sees all as wonderful americans! Trump will put america first ,not as globalist hillary will do. Giving jobs away..
Uh Huh, ROTFLMAO!! Good One!

Old 07-19-2016, 01:36 PM

38,856 posts, read 25,670,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Trump is uniting the party as Group of Latino Conservatives Are Now Backing Trump.

See how it's done liberals.
When you have something good your candidate is doing you have something good to talk about.
I know it's not possible to do this with crooked Hillary because she panders. It's not really the fault of the little people in the Dem. party.
We know she was selected by the establishment in positions of power so they can continue their corruption. But this is how it is done when the people at the grass roots select a candidate.

Group of Latino Conservatives That Once Bashed Trump Is Now Backing Him - NBC News
I know one Latino who's backing Trump.

And he's from Mexico City. But he's now a naturalized US citizen. And he's a successful CPA. I was surprised when he came out and said it. I asked him why and he said "Because Trump will be good for business."

Just one man's take.

Old 07-19-2016, 03:02 PM

63,509 posts, read 29,531,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post

If they do, they all need an immediate Psych evaluation!
He has done nothing but spew bigoted, insulting racist insults at them.

He certainly has not! He has merely pointed out that Mexico is sending their citizens here illegally and some of them are rapists, murderers, etc. How are facts insulting, bigoted or racist? He has said nothing bad about Hispanics in general. You guys need to stop lying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections