Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2016, 11:34 AM

26,576 posts, read 14,532,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Who remembers what a first lady said 8 years ago??
melania trump.

Old 07-20-2016, 11:37 AM

16,375 posts, read 22,596,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Wait a minute, this woman is a professional writer. Melania gave her passages from Michelle's speech, McIvers put them in the speech then says she didn't check Michelle's speech. I don't get it. Did she get confused about where the passages came from, or did she know they were from Michelle's speech and put them in any way?
Or...
Melania copied/pasted Michelle's words directly into the speech, after a draft was given to her. No phone conversation took place. Nobody reviewed the speech after Melania put her final touches in it, which included Michelle's words.

I just can't see Melania reading the speech parts while on the phone with the speech writer for the initial draft. IMO, this part is made up about the speechwriter adding the passages per a phone call.

IMO, the speechwriter is taking the fall for Melania and Trump has demanded it. That's why nobody is getting fired, because he can't fire Melania. Not right now, anyway.

Old 07-20-2016, 11:39 AM

33,610 posts, read 18,286,361 times
It is not even Malania's native language.. of course she had help. Melania speaks 7 languages . I give her credit for getting up there and was poised unlike Hillary who bugs her eyes out every time she speaks and lies again and again.

How anyone could vote for Hillary with a trail of dead bodies and a rapist husband has got to have no values to even accept her as leader. Just the thought of Hillary spending charity money that was suppose to go to the poor people of Haiti and instead jetted her and Bill around the world to collect money for special favors.

Hillary had good reason to destroy those e-mails , tens of thousands were so destroyed they are unrecoverable.. she hid them for good reason... selling America out for money.

Old 07-20-2016, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
When did anyone say she got the speech from Michelle? My parents taught me the same values she quoted. They are traditional values.
do you see the irony in that melania and/or mcivers stole a segment of a speech that discusses hard work and values?

Old 07-20-2016, 11:40 AM

19,910 posts, read 12,430,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Speech writer takes full blame of the lines that were questioned as being too close to Michelle's speech..

The speech writer didn't know they were lines from Michelle's speech read to her from Melania after Melania said she admired Michelle's speech and read a few lines which the writer wrote down. She thought they were Melania's words.

The writer did not know they were Michelle's actual words and changed it to the speech writers liking by a few words.
Based on this I do not think that is correct.

Over the phone, she read me some passages from Mrs. Obama’s speech as examples. I wrote them down and later included some of the phrasing in the draft that ultimately became the final speech. I did not check Mrs. Obama’s speeches,”

McIver took the words from the examples and kept it almost word for word. What kind of writer is that. She should be fired.

Old 07-20-2016, 11:40 AM

Quote:
The writer did not know they were Michelle's actual words ...
McIvers never made that claim.

Old 07-20-2016, 11:43 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,066,040 times
Quote:
It is not even Malania's native language.. of course she had help. Melania speaks 7 languages . I give her credit for getting up there and was poised unlike Hillary who bugs her eyes out every time she speaks and lies again and again.

Trumpish exaggeration again - it's 5 languages

Old 07-20-2016, 11:43 AM

Quote:
She should be fired.
she gave her resignation but trump rejected it. the reason given for the rejection is that she works for the trump corporation, not campaign ( which opens up another can of worms ).

Old 07-20-2016, 11:44 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,545,541 times
Quote:
Based on this I do not think that is correct.

Over the phone, she read me some passages from Mrs. Obama’s speech as examples. I wrote them down and later included some of the phrasing in the draft that ultimately became the final speech. I did not check Mrs. Obama’s speeches,”

McIver took the words from the examples and kept it almost word for word. What kind of writer is that. She should be fired.
Aw c'mon, you just know she's taking one for the team and it isn't going to cost her her job, in fact there's probably a little "something" in the 'ol pay envelope this week. The campaign had to save face all around.

Old 07-20-2016, 11:44 AM

1,718 posts, read 1,062,635 times
I honestly think that this was done on purpose to get CNN and MSNBC to go after it. Like throwing a steak to a dog.

As a strategy, it is brilliant to do things like this. Another example was the whole star of David thing in Donald's tweet.

Think about it... if Trump can get the media to go drooling after things like this it only helps him as it makes them appear desperate and petulant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections