Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2016, 10:14 AM

27,830 posts, read 16,340,715 times

Advertisements

Todays feeding frenzy on Melania is only the latest example.. war on women and minorities, left owns it.

Old 07-19-2016, 10:15 AM

2,683 posts, read 2,196,569 times
Why is this such a big deal? Mrs. Trump is not going to run the government. I wouldn't care if Mrs. Obama did it either. This is an example of "news" that serves no purpose except to fill airtime and please the sponsors.

17,415 posts, read 12,044,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
The problem isn't that she doesn't have a degree, the problem is that she and Trump lied about it. It's such a minor thing, but it's very telling of the way the Trump campaign handles the truth - especially when it comes to optics.
Wow, just wow. Suddenly the left cares about a candidate telling the truth? How about we start with Clinton?

13,163 posts, read 1,762,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Not exactly. She said that she wrote it with "as little help as possible."

Moving on, while this isn't good, let's not blow things out of proportion. At the end of the day, this was a few lines (and only one line verbatim judging from the side by side play by CNN just now) out of a pretty lengthy speech. Again, not defensible, but let's not behave as if the entire speech was lifted . . . only a few lines bear any resemblance.
The Left is never rational. They just pick, pick, pick.

The values she speaks of are OUR values -- at least to most of us. There are only so many ways you can express the same thing about them.

How many ways can you say you are interested in passing the values of hard work on to your children?
How many ways can you say that they can achieve what they dream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
melania:

"From a young age, my parents impressed on me the values that you work hard for what you want in life; that your word is your bond and you do what you say and keep your promise; that you treat people with respect. They taught and showed me values and morals in their daily life.

That is a lesson that I continue to pass along to our son, and we need to pass those lessons on to the many generations to follow.

Because we want our children in this nation to know that the only limit to your achievements is the strength of your dreams and willingness to work for them."

michelle 2008:

"...And Barack and I were raised with so many of the same values: that you work hard for what you want in life; that your word is your bond and you do what you say you're going to do; that you treat people with dignity and respect, even if you don't know them, and even if you don't agree with them.

And Barack and I set out to build lives guided by these values, and pass them on to the next generation. Because we want our children—and all children in this nation—to know that the only limit to the height of your achievements is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work for them."
What strikes me here is that what Michelle said is not what they did. Their word was not their bond, they did not do what they promised to do. They have not treated all people with dignity and respect. Some got more consideration, more respect and more attention. In retrospect, her words now sound hollow. We believed her then, but it turned out to be far different.

Old 07-19-2016, 10:16 AM

42,732 posts, read 30,009,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofgm View Post
he or she is merely repeating words written by someone else.
lmao.

Old 07-19-2016, 10:16 AM

20,696 posts, read 12,600,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Well then the speech writer messed up badly and should be fired. If no one is fired, we'll know a family member wrote it.
He likes lawsuits better.

Old 07-19-2016, 10:18 AM

18,247 posts, read 22,616,058 times
Melania Trump says "I read once over it and that's all because I wrote it and uh with a little help as possible."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYI39ytsCtk

Old 07-19-2016, 10:19 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,517,366 times
Ninety three percent of the speech was nothing like Michele Obama's speech. And I'd like to see Michele deliver a speech in Slovenian.

And the "plagiarized" phrases are extremely common phrases. It would be sort of like accusing someone who says, "Think outside the box," of plagiarizing someone else.

That being said, someone on Trump's staff should have probably caught this little faux pas. Not that big a deal though to me. Both speeches are fluff speeches.

Old 07-19-2016, 10:20 AM

20,696 posts, read 12,600,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Apparently, they don't care much about Copyright Laws either. Queen released a statement saying that they did not authorize the use of their song "We are the Champions" at the Convention.

Old 07-19-2016, 10:20 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,346,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
You got the entire conspiracy down -- except you missed the part where the speechwriter actually plagiarized the speech from one of Donald Trump's books.
Ha ha. You know that Trump would sue on a dime, but he would end up suing himself (a distinct possibility).

They can't admit they made a tremendously yuge mistake, and the only one left to fire is Manafort or a relative, so naturally blame it on Hillary or the MSM. Wonder why he didn't blame Obama?

#Trumpscrewups
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections