Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2016, 12:32 PM

2,222 posts, read 10,659,558 times

Advertisements

I don't think Melania stole Michelle's speech. Yes, there were definite similarities in a small portion of her speech. There should have been someone within to look after her. Since Trump keeps a small staff, I think she was overlooked. This should not happen to any presidential candidates spouse. With that said, I think she presented herself very well.

I can't believe there are pages and pages of remarks about this. It was an internal mistake. Stop beating this issue to death and move on.

4,713 posts, read 3,483,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
And the Grammy for Best New Artist goes to Melania Trump. Girl, you know its true.

This has to be the first time that a Presidential campaign decided to outsource speech writing duties to the opposing party.
"Ooh, ooh, ooooh..."

Couldn't rep you again, but great post!

4,504 posts, read 3,041,324 times
My God!

"My word is my bond," is one of the expressions people in my era were weaned on.

It's no surprise that today's liberals have never heard it.

And the other one...something about working hard to achieve your goals.....isn't that what every single commencement speaker tells the new grads? It's definitely something I've heard all of my long life.

I can absolutely promise you Michelle Obama was NOT the first person to utter these thoughts. Not even close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
I don't think Melania stole Michelle's speech. Yes, there were definite similarities in a small portion of her speech. There should have been someone within to look after her. Since Trump keeps a small staff, I think she was overlooked. This should not happen to any presidential candidates spouse. With that said, I think she presented herself very well.

I can't believe there are pages and pages of remarks about this. It was an internal mistake. Stop beating this issue to death and move on.
No, it wasn't a mistake. The words Melania and Michelle spoke have been repeated on ad infinitum.

Let it go. There was no plagiarism. Period!

Old 07-19-2016, 12:33 PM

391 posts, read 455,082 times
So we gon have an accomplished, smart black woman lawyer as FLOTUS and replace her with a dumb lying slavic scumbag who shuda been trafficked instead somewhere...

Old 07-19-2016, 12:33 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,062,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Melania was so poised and was incredibly confident when she gave her speech last night. She will make a wonderful first lady . Melania has a wonderful smile and sparkling eyes...

Now Hildabeast has a less than pleasant smile and when she gets excited her eyes bulge out of their sockets when she gives a speech looking kind of deranged .
Have you anything to say about the plagiarism?

Old 07-19-2016, 12:34 PM

7,834 posts, read 4,583,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
This deserves an FBI and IRS investigation.

Bet the AG will prosecute this case.
Better yet, give it to Trey Gowdy... he's a real fan of drawn out useless investigations.

5,381 posts, read 2,850,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Trump communications director just released a statement denying it was plagiarism and claiming it was her "own thinking." Now they look even dumber.

I suppose this is SOP for the trump campaign though, ALWAYS DOUBLE DOWN ON THE LIE.

https://twitter.com/FoxNews
Donald has stated that on several occasions. Never admit lies, never admit mistakes. Just ridicule and lie biglier about the person who calls you out for your lie or mistake.

We are so completely and truly e'ffed as a Nation!

18,258 posts, read 22,567,099 times
Can Trump supporters just be honest about the fact that Donald Trump left his wife UNPROTCETED!!!!!

What type of husband in this situation does not make certain that his wife has the BEST speech writers, the best researchers and the best speech coaches to prepare her for being on the world stage.

Donald Trump threw his wife out onto the international media stage UNPROTECTED!

Old 07-19-2016, 12:35 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,480,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philkirkham View Post
Have you anything to say about the plagiarism?
Pretty women need no excuse.

Old 07-19-2016, 12:35 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,483,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I'm stymied as to why you think the accusations are "unfair". "Borrowing" from other speeches is plagiarism. She's being accused of plagiarism because she "borrowed" from other speeches. She doesn't deserve credit "for finding the courage to do it in the first place." She supported her husband's run for the Presidency, and that means she accepted from the very start that her life would be very public. And it's not exactly a big change, because Trump feeds on public attention, and that public attention has regularly spilled over onto his wives. Plus, she's a model. It's not like she hasn't courted public attention herself.

Certainly the attacks are partisan in nature. And the defense is also partisan in nature.
Not to mention that she clearly is not shy in front of an audience/camera! Come on! We've seen the photos (at least those that have been released so far...). Pretty sure there will be more to come. It's inevitable the way things are going.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.