Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 08:01 AM

2,156 posts, read 1,464,468 times

Advertisements

I find the injection of "Satan" and "Evil" in politics to be off putting...to the man/woman making those religious overtures...in this case Carson.
There are no devils or angels. My belief is the talk should be about the issues at hand, of which there are plenty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2016, 08:02 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,912,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Well, for all I know Saul Alinsky does as well, after all, they both believe in the same Lucifer!

Both devil believers, so I choose Carson as the smarter of the two!
Why do you feel you must you choose any lunatic?

Oh, wait, you are a Trump fan. Never mind...

Old 07-20-2016, 08:04 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,643,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticking View Post
I find the injection of "Satan" and "Evil" in politics to be off putting...to the man/woman making those religious overtures...in this case Carson.
There are no devils or angels. My belief is the talk should be about the issues at hand, of which there are plenty.
Believe it or not - last night the RNC convention was supposed to be about their vision for JOBS. Anyone hear anything remotely resembling that?

We heard Ben Carson muttering about Lucifer.

We heard Christie inciting the crowd to shout LOCK HER UP. His entire speech was designed for that.

We heard Donnie, Jr. talk about how great his Daddy is.

What did we hear about jobs?

Old 07-20-2016, 08:07 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,759,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
LOL. Well, that was a hoot. Not sure why you think that supports your Lucifer terror, though. Are you afraid of the tooth fairy, too?

Your post is the perfect illustration of how far off the rails the GOP has gone since it allowed the fundamentalist religious nuts to take over. Thanks for the laugh, and be sure not to let that tinfoil hat loosen up any.
You're lying.
You could NOT possibly have viewed the video, and done the necessary research in six minutes.

I'm not a member of the GOP, nor a religious zealot.

CN

Old 07-20-2016, 08:12 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,250,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
He was a top notch surgeon. I read his biography years ago, I'm very impressed with his intelligence.
Maybe he was, but then reputations for being "great" or "top notch" often result from a single event in a person's early career that he/she never replicated again. Carson's rejection of evolution is a denial of scientific fact that is the basis for biology, the knowledge of which is a necessity for any doctor except those that shake rattles, burn incense, sacrifice small mammals, and/or let blood to release "humors" from the body. His beliefs raise serious questions about his competence as a physician in the most recent past.

Old 07-20-2016, 08:14 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,881,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Why do you feel you must you choose any lunatic?

Oh, wait, you are a Trump fan. Never mind...

You don't know squat, I was for Bernie Sanders, so you might want to plug that hole!

Old 07-20-2016, 08:15 AM

13,734 posts, read 9,077,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Believe it or not - last night the RNC convention was supposed to be about their vision for JOBS. Anyone hear anything remotely resembling that?

We heard Ben Carson muttering about Lucifer.

We heard Christie inciting the crowd to shout LOCK HER UP. His entire speech was designed for that.

We heard Donnie, Jr. talk about how great his Daddy is.

What did we hear about jobs?
You know, I completely forgot about that being the theme for the night.

I guess that Lucifer is hiring? Perhaps that is why this fallen angel was mentioned. I believe that the job description of desirable attributes includes ignorance, bigotry, prejudice, hatred, adultery, vanity, gluttony and self-deception. Lucifer picked a good place to look for help.

Old 07-20-2016, 08:20 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,912,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
You don't know squat! I was for Bernie Sanders!
Well, then, as a fellow Bernie supporter, I apologize for calling you a Trump cultist. I would never knowingly insult someone like that.

But the question remains, why do you feel you must choose between two men whose views brand them as lunatics? I don't know much about Saul Alinsky--you'd have to ask a rabid right winger about him because they seem to know all about him.

But it's obvious that an educated man in 2016 who believes the Earth is only 6,000 years old is an idiot. You can admit that, can't you?

Old 07-20-2016, 08:21 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,881,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
You know, I completely forgot about that being the theme for the night.

I guess that Lucifer is hiring? Perhaps that is why this fallen angel was mentioned. I believe that the job description of desirable attributes includes ignorance, bigotry, prejudice, hatred, adultery, vanity, gluttony and self-deception. Lucifer picked a good place to look for help.

Well he'll be at the DNC on Hillary's right arm!

Old 07-20-2016, 08:23 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,250,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
You're lying.
You could NOT possibly have viewed the video, and done the necessary research in six minutes.

I'm not a member of the GOP, nor a religious zealot.

Zealotry comes in many forms, and is applied to many different things other than religion.

You appear to have a zealotry toward simply dismissing anything that might disturb your view of your liberal master, and what they tell you to think.

You are a coward, that cannot even LOOK at anything that your masters tell you to ignore. Nor open your mind any further than they tell you to open it.

CN
Oh, I think HeyJude described you pretty well. People, even right wing bible thumpers posting on C-D, don't get so riled up when an accusation totally misses the mark. They sure do get their panties in a bunch, though, when the accusation hits close to home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections