Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 05:37 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,530,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
He doesn't have any solutions. He just wants to create fear and anger and make people believe the sky is falling.

The other day he said the world was spinning apart, being ripped into pieces.

He wants to make people think everything is negative and that he is the solution, though he has no solutions. Then later, I suppose, he will just tell people how great everything is, and probably the Trumpettes would believe him just like they believe him now when he says the sky is falling.

He has the ability to evoke emotions from his followers just by repeatedly saying the same things. If he says things are terrible, they believe it; if he says things are great, they believe it. 100% con man.

There will be a lot of books written about Trump in the future...about his masterful skills in conning a large number of people.
Fear is a powerful motivator, Hillary is using it to her advantage too, the test this November, is to see which candidate has succeeded in scaring their base and the middle most effectively. We are in the age of ambiguous politics.

Old 07-21-2016, 07:43 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,482,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
Fear is a powerful motivator, Hillary is using it to her advantage too, the test this November, is to see which candidate has succeeded in scaring their base and the middle most effectively. We are in the age of ambiguous politics.
Yes for sure .
Hillary Clinton has been using the language of fear as well.
" Donald Trump will send the country into recession " etc

Clinton: Donald Trump would send U.S. economy into recession - The Portland Press Herald / Maine Sunday Telegram
It seems likely a recession will happen within 4 years no matter who is President .

Trump uses fear to his advantage as well .

Old 07-21-2016, 08:24 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,530,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yes for sure .
Hillary Clinton has been using the language of fear as well.
" Donald Trump will send the country into recession " etc

Clinton: Donald Trump would send U.S. economy into recession - The Portland Press Herald / Maine Sunday Telegram
It seems likely a recession will happen within 4 years no matter who is President .

Trump uses fear to his advantage as well .
IMHO- I think it's more likely that Trump brings out voters who fear him, his message that we're in dire straights isn't going to scare the more pragmatic independent voter to choose him. He is only guaranteed the WASP vote, without pulling minorities and women into your corner, there's little chance of him winning an election. Good or bad, Hillary wins by default.

Last edited by snowtired14; 07-21-2016 at 09:00 AM..

Old 07-21-2016, 08:51 AM

33,587 posts, read 18,188,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMat View Post
I think mentioning Behghazi to those who actually read won't win anything. If you mention it to illiterates, then they get all excited and actually "know" clinton did something wrong. Read the reports... the reason this goes no place is because there is no place for it to go.

Samolia? Seriously? I was in the service then.... your comments are way off base.
No, The Clinton's are famous for not protecting our fighting men. Samolia is a typical example.

Old 07-21-2016, 08:54 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,125,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Donald Trump: Black Lives Matter calls for killing police - CBS News

I think with the police killings at the top of many people's minds, Trump's clear anti-BLM stance could gain him a lot of points.
I think a lot of people are realizing that BLM is doing more harm than good.

Clinton on the other hand is pro BLM. I think that Clinton thinks she can win points with liberals by being pro BLM..but I think that many liberal or Democrats are finding out what BLM really stands for and are getting sick of it.
There are just so many angry/scared white men to go around. Spreading stupid rumors about BLM isn't going to win Drumpf the election.

I wonder how entertaining the debates are going to be...especially when Donnie has to explain his memes.

Old 08-11-2016, 09:59 PM

4 posts, read 1,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I didn't support it originally because I didn't really understand it.

Now that I understand what it is, I support it.
I'm the other way around. I supported them a first until I educated myself on the group and became more familiar with their doctrine. Now that I understand them better, I do not support them.

Old 08-11-2016, 10:21 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,482,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadEs View Post
I'm the other way around. I supported them a first until I educated myself on the group and became more familiar with their doctrine. Now that I understand them better, I do not support them.
I think a lot are probably the same way. It's just so politically incorrect to publicly critisize BLM right now that not many will do it for fear of being labelled , 'racist'.

They are now calling for an agenda beyond the original message. Reparations, strong criticizing of Israel and even defunding police departments.

These are not things that majority of U.S can support.

They've also done some pretty blatant racist things, like holding blacks only meetings at public libraries..then claming 'racism' when they were called on it...also at the DNC outside they were segregating crowd based on race and whites were told to "go to the back".

Old 08-11-2016, 10:32 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,576,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadEs View Post

Smart move. The NAACP does not even support them. Most Americans Hate them. They are our "ISIL" at home. My favorite videos are of car running over them, when they are trying to block streets. Trumps message resonates, regardless of what his Haters say. They haven't bee right about him on anything from his first day announcing he was going to run.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections