Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 10:27 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,973,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I'm listening now and while I am NOT a Cruz fan but at some 5/6 minutes in, honestly Cruz is doing fine though. I may not agree with him politically or principle wise BUT he is making good points. The question is is Trump one of those to break promises, I wonder that and don't believe he will keep promises if he is able to.
Now after I said it, it comes to the stupidity of Cruz in this speech. Claiming that you should not have government pick your doctor, meanwhile the public insurance sector ALREADY did that "Gay or straight the Constitution of having the right to live with our conscious" except when it comes to asking for a religious baker to bake you a cake. And the power of the U.S. government to dictate government, um that's because state governments choose to discriminate against homosexuals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2016, 10:29 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,973,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
America got a prime time glimpse into a Trump presidency with this convention and it's been a complete and utter disaster
This is what I've feared about a Trump presidency. This convention is a lying and throwing people under the bus circus train wreck. I called it for months. Nobody believed me and instead were fat-dumb and happy.

Old 07-20-2016, 10:33 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,449,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
This is what I've feared about a Trump presidency. This convention is a lying and throwing people under the bus circus train wreck. I called it for months. Nobody believed me and instead were fat-dumb and happy.
It's pretty much over at this point....the only question that remains is HOW bad Trump will lose

Old 07-20-2016, 10:40 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,291,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'll give Cruz credit for not going back on his principles and endorsing Trump unlike Sanders and Hillary.

I don't care much for Cruz's principles but at least for good or bad he stood by them.

I do hope the Trump supporters were being equally principled when they ran Heidi off.

then Cruz should have stayed home....you don't take an invitation to my party, eat my food, drink my beer and wine and then p!$$ on my carpet at the end and not mention me more than once in your "selfish" speech about you.

Kasich, Bush, Fiorina and Romney stayed home which kinda looks bad but don't take Trump's invitation to speak in prime time and not even say "LETS SUPPORT TRUMP TO BEAT HILLARY" how hard is that to say?

Old 07-20-2016, 10:42 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,801,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMat View Post
Trump has no control over HIS party.... should have not been any booing or even a speech by Ted.

Unnecessary drama... but trump seems to like it...

Seriously, no one thought to ask for his speech before he presented it? Gee.... scary how trump is handling this convention.
Trump said on twitter he approved Cruz's speech. He wanted to see Cruz destroy himself.

Old 07-20-2016, 10:43 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,291,610 times
Quote:
It's pretty much over at this point....the only question that remains is HOW bad Trump will lose

over????? BHAAAAA!!! you think Trump needed Cruz endorsement to beat Hillary? silly man!....LOL

Old 07-20-2016, 10:51 PM

6,832 posts, read 14,074,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Trump said on twitter he approved Cruz's speech. He wanted to see Cruz destroy himself.

Trump is a liar. No one will care what Cruz did when he runs in 2020. That chit grinning possum just kicked the velvetta racoon in the jimmies.

Old 07-20-2016, 10:52 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,652,335 times
Quote:
The Trump campaign knew what Cruz was going to say. Although Cruz did agree to support whomever became the nominee, Cruz never promised an endorsement tonight.

With or without an endorsement, Trump wins as he showed he was the bigger man by inviting Cruz. Had Cruz endorsed, the party would have become more united. Cruz didn't endorse and was booed off the stage, unknowingly uniting the party with his selfish speech. Mission accomplished.

So stop with the delusional posts. Trump knows what he's doing. He hasn't even started running ads against crooked Hillary, while she's out spent him, 15 to 1 with no gains in the polls.

Old 07-20-2016, 10:57 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,574,917 times
Quote:
Ted Cruz single handidly destroyed Trump's campaign

Gave a great speech then dropped that mic and walked off stage like a BOSS....LOL

Old 07-20-2016, 11:00 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,811,060 times
Ted Cruz has essentially told all white evangelical Republicans to not vote for Trump.

Hmmm, could hurt his poll numbers when evangelicals think about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections