Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 11:01 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,447,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
The Trump campaign knew what Cruz was going to say. Although Cruz did agree to support whomever became the nominee, Cruz never promised an endorsement tonight.

With or without an endorsement, Trump wins as he showed he was the bigger man by inviting Cruz. Had Cruz endorsed, the party would have become more united. Cruz didn't endorse and was booed off the stage, unknowingly uniting the party with his selfish speech. Mission accomplished.

So stop with the delusional posts. Trump knows what he's doing. He hasn't even started running ads against crooked Hillary, while she's out spent him, 15 to 1 with no gains in the polls.
The only delusional people here are Trump supporters who think that shyteshow of a convention, which borders on a cheap Nuremberg Nazi rally, will somehow help them win.

It's literally been a complete disaster
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2016, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
over????? BHAAAAA!!! you think Trump needed Cruz endorsement to beat Hillary? silly man!....LOL
He dosent need a Cruz endorsement to beat Hillary, he's going to lose regardless

Old 07-20-2016, 11:02 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,285,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Gave a great speech then dropped that mic and walked off stage like a BOSS....LOL

he pretty much ruined his political career in 1 night......he went from the most despised senator in the Senate to the most hated man in politics nationally.

Whoever is advising Cruz should get fired....is it his wife Heidi?

Old 07-20-2016, 11:05 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,558,852 times
Quote:
he pretty much ruined his political career in 1 night......he went from the most despised senator in the Senate to the most hated man in politics nationally.

Whoever is advising Cruz should get fired....is it his wife Heidi?

LOVED it!!!!

Old 07-20-2016, 11:10 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,558,852 times
Ted Cruz pulled a Thelma and Louise move....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW8djpetnjg

Old 07-20-2016, 11:12 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,961,338 times
Default I think Trump set up Cruz

Hear me out. Trump let a guy that wasn't going to endorse him speak at his convention. Completely unheard of. I think Trump gambled that the crowd would react how it did, which could really hurt Cruz's political future.

The best evidence was the AV "glitch" and Trump coming out while Cruz was finishing up. It was pretty much straight out of a WWE script and definitely seemed planned. I think Cruz thought he was going to hurt Trump, but instead got screw-jobbed by Trump.

Old 07-20-2016, 11:15 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,473,670 times
Default Cruz shows less class, smarts than Kasich, Bush?

At least Kasich and Jeb had the smarts and class to stay away from the convention.

It appears likely that both, certainly Kasich, are making the same bet as Cruz.

<<Cruz effectively placed a risky bet that the Republican Party will judge Trump harshly and reward him in the new era for not caving.>>

Ted Cruz booed after refusing to endorse Donald Trump - CNNPolitics.com

What a mess of a convention. Did the Trump operatives, desperate for a prominent speaker, award Cruz a coveted prime time speaking slot without receiving a promise to endorse Trump?

Old 07-20-2016, 11:16 PM

No....Cruz had the last laugh. He gave Trump a different speech than the one he read. That's why he was given prime time to begin with

Old 07-20-2016, 11:17 PM

15,545 posts, read 10,533,079 times
" Ted Cruz congratulates Trump but does not endorse him or indicate he will vote for him "

I don't have a problem with this. I don't know that I would want an endorsement from Cruz. Fingers crossed that Texas sends him packing.

Old 07-20-2016, 11:20 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,295,161 times
Quote:
then Cruz should have stayed home....you don't take an invitation to my party, eat my food, drink my beer and wine and then p!$$ on my carpet at the end and not mention me more than once in your "selfish" speech about you.
Whether he should or shouldnt have doesn't address my point. He did. He didn't pull a Sanders.

Cruz and Trump are even closer than Hillary and Sanders.

Quote:
Kasich, Bush, Fiorina and Romney stayed home which kinda looks bad but don't take Trump's invitation to speak in prime time and not even say "LETS SUPPORT TRUMP TO BEAT HILLARY" how hard is that to say?
Very hard if you don't believe it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections