Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 12:01 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,304,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
It's Trump's own damn fault for inviting Cruz to speak at his convention. I don't know how Trump run this convention but every past candidates vet their guests' speeches and they know what they're going to say before they get up on stage. Trump dropped the ball on this one, big time, again.
I think the idea of them not being perfectly planned out staged events would be a good thing.

Quote:
If you can't properly run a convention, you can't properly run a country. It's that simple.
You can't plan on running a country off a a script.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2016, 12:02 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,253,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Cruz was given just enough rope to hang himself and he certainly did it. Yes, I am an excellent judge of character. He needs to move back to Canada where he belongs or Mexico--two directions to choose from but he will never be president of this country because he is not qualified to even run for president. First rate troublemaker is my opinion.

Some of you don't realize what freedom of speech is. That is when you show respect for others and don't try to control every word being said. That shows a strength of character. Cruz showed he has no honor or character. That is no reflection on Trump. It just shows others they chose the right candidate. How can anyone show loyalty to a country when they cannot even show loyalty to their own party that they signed a paper they would support the candidate.

But then "vote your conscience" is saying to vote for Trump. I think all these attack posts shows the convention is very successful. I haven't seen anything I didn't like but I didn't watch Cruz. He stayed right in character and I was right to not watch that.

I don't know what planet you're from but it must be stranger than Oz.

Old 07-21-2016, 12:06 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,964,775 times
Looks good on Donald. Both trashed each other yet Donald has shown that as a leader he can rise above the political pettiness, bury the hatchet, and give his "enemies" a chance (even called him a "good guy" a few days ago). Cruz just seems like he has a case of sour grapes.

Old 07-21-2016, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I think the idea of them not being perfectly planned out staged events would be a good thing.
And you are wrong. The evidence is right in front of you. There are already two major gaffes in this convention, a third one can be fatal. The way Trump is running it, there will be a 3rd (or 4th, 5th, 6th...) gaffe just around the corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You can't plan on running a country off a a script.
Exactly! If you are unable to run something from a script, how can you run a country without one? If you are unable to play a simple rock tune with the music sheet in front of you, how can you be expected to write your own tunes and create your own licks?

Old 07-21-2016, 12:11 AM

33,592 posts, read 18,213,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Hear me out. Trump let a guy that wasn't going to endorse him speak at his convention. Completely unheard of. I think Trump gambled that the crowd would react how it did, which could really hurt Cruz's political future.

The best evidence was the AV "glitch" and Trump coming out while Cruz was finishing up. It was pretty much straight out of a WWE script and definitely seemed planned. I think Cruz thought he was going to hurt Trump, but instead got screw-jobbed by Trump.
Trump read the speech before Cruz gave it. Trump let Cruz make a fool of himself and get booed. It was Cruz who decided every word he said. Cruz ended his political career with no help from Trump.

Old 07-21-2016, 12:18 AM

33,592 posts, read 18,213,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMat View Post
Trump has no control over HIS party.... should have not been any booing or even a speech by Ted.

Unnecessary drama... but trump seems to like it...

Seriously, no one thought to ask for his speech before he presented it? Gee.... scary how trump is handling this convention.
Trump read the speech. Cruz ended his career because of his bruised ego.

Old 07-21-2016, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Trump read the speech. Cruz ended his career because of his bruised ego.
On the contrary, Cruz just saved his career and may have also jump started his 2020 campaign....

Old 07-21-2016, 12:29 AM

2,366 posts, read 1,651,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
What a silly "spin" on the events.

Wishful thinking on your part ... but not based in reality.
Perhaps, but the convention has me solidly supporting Trump/Pence, despite what Cruz did. So, it's either Trump or Clinton in November, and from what I've seen on the television, only gay and beta males are supporting Hillary.

So who are you supporting?

Old 07-21-2016, 12:31 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,286,776 times
Quote:
It's Trump's own damn fault for inviting Cruz to speak at his convention. I don't know how Trump run this convention but every past candidates vet their guests' speeches and they know what they're going to say before they get up on stage. Trump dropped the ball on this one, big time, again.

If you can't properly run a convention, you can't properly run a country. It's that simple.

clueless......Trump invited everybody in the primary to speak, that's how you unite the party. He did his part.

Imagine if Trump didn't invite anybody in the primary he didn't like, they would accuse him of not doing enough to unite the party and trying to do it my himself.

Trump is not going to force primary candidates to read speeches made up my Trump himself ....then the media would attack Trump of being a control freak in dictating the speeches of former candidates and politicians.

Trump already gave the speaking spot to Cruz, if Trump would have pulled the plug in the last hour then Trump would have look bad....Trump did his part and Cruz ruined his career.....Republicans are not going to hold this against Trump.

if running a convention is the same thing as running well the country, the democrats would have this country running so well. They staged their conventions well with Hollywood actors and special effects and smoke and mirrors and a lot of emotional speeches and so scripted like Hollywood.......so please cut the cr@p.....Trump gave a spot to Cruz because he wanted to unite the party....he never prohibit anybody to come, it was their choice as long that they support the ticket.....if not stay home.....the ball was in Cruz's court and he choked on it and ruined his career.

if you want a candidate that controls everything in the convention from top to bottom then you want a dictator not a President.

Old 07-21-2016, 12:37 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,286,776 times
Quote:
On the contrary, Cruz just saved his career and may have also jump started his 2020 campaign....

bhaaaaa!!! keep repeating that......you think the people that voted for Trump will reward Cruz in 2020?.........that was the worst political advise and move given to a candidate. Go to his FACEBOOK page, his followers are ripping him a new hole....he is done!

that's like saying jeb bush saved his career by losing bigtime, not endorsing Trump and not attending the convention and looking like a sore loser....yeah right.

Kasich is done too.

if Trump loses, watch new blood come in 2020, the party is not going to nominate left overs and rejects from 2016 especially what Cruz pulled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections