Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 03:08 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,637,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
delete
Both major candidates are held in low esteem. It is pretty useless to try to put lipstick on these pigs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2016, 04:33 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,908,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
I believe most people want honest government that is working for the common good and not for a government that is working for the betterment of itself and the Billionaire Class.

It is possible. The Eisenhower years were model years for the middle class.
Eisenhower, was probably the last great US president imo. There are still a lot of "he could have done", but for the most part he is my favorite president.

Old 07-28-2016, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
Eisenhower, was probably the last great US president imo. There are still a lot of "he could have done", but for the most part he is my favorite president.
If one wanted to study the basic political and economical structures for a vibrant economy and nation, this is the era to study. Eisenhower was political independent but a man who wanted to do his best for the country.

Old 07-28-2016, 04:50 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,710,540 times
I'm sitting out like I always do...
Who in their right mind, is proud and excited to go choose another human, to make the choices for you?

Makes no sense to me.

How much could one complain, if they got to make their own choice from unlimited choices.

Last edited by BentBow; 07-28-2016 at 04:59 PM..

Old 07-28-2016, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I'm sitting out like I always do...
Who in their right mind, is proud and excited to go chose another human, to make the choices for you?

Makes no sense to me.

How much could one complain, if they got to make their own choice from unlimited choices.
I don't believe there has been any time in recorded history that there has been done sort of governing body for groups of people. I guess becoming a hermit it possible if such a location can be found that permits a hermits life.

Old 07-28-2016, 05:38 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,571,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
An intelligent reader can hopefully infer that the meaning is "politically stupid".

Choosing a candidate from a minor party does not mean you have a more honest value system, or that your candidates do, either. That's insulting. America's political system is currently heavily two-party and just because you might prefer three or four parties as some other smaller countries have, does not mean that it is a good idea at this time for this country. (I do like non-Democrat Bernie as a man, for the most part, but his policy on public-funded higher education is too extreme/expensive for me, though I find merit in funding community college.) Although he is not a Democrat, he chose to run on the Democratic ticket. It's no wonder that the vast majority of Democrats chose a more traditional Democrat than him.

Do you not believe that so-called minor parties and candidates have no problems? That they are squeaky clean? That those candidates have not made serious mistakes? You may not read about it, because the parties are so small as to be insignificant in the larger world of American politics and admittedly don't get as much press coverage, but don't be politically naive as to think that Libertarians and Greens, etc. don't have some skeletons in their closets, too.

Politics, especially world politics, is not a cozy afternoon with Mr. Rogers or a walk in the park. Compromises have to be made. In 2016 we need a political leader now who has a great deal of foreign policy experience and contacts.

In my opinion, there is only one corrupt (not just "made a mistake", but seriously corrupt) candidate in this election, and that's Vladimir Putin's #1 admirer, Donald Trump.

Nevertheless, if you want that demagogue, Donald Trump, as your next leader, vote for him or throw your vote "away" in order to hurt our best, most qualified, most capable and most intelligent candidate, Hillary Clinton.

And kindly consider the Supreme Court Justices that will be selected by each of them. That is really far more important than you may, in your anger, now realize. You will live with those justices deciding cases for another 30+ years.
\

Excellent post.

The third party candidates are all seen as so 'pure' because they haven't done jack - with the exception of Johnson and Weld - at least they have public records.

Stein is pure because she has never, ever held public office. Let's see how pure she is after 35 years on the world stage. She might be worse than Cruella Deville and we would never know.

In the end - Trump or Clinton will be President. Either people want to have some kind of say in that or they don't care.

Both the right wing and the left wing tea parties don't believe in compromise.

Old 07-28-2016, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
\

Excellent post.

The third party candidates are all seen as so 'pure' because they haven't done jack - with the exception of Johnson and Weld - at least they have public records.

Stein is pure because she has never, ever held public office. Let's see how pure she is after 35 years on the world stage. She might be worse than Cruella Deville and we would never know.

In the end - Trump or Clinton will be President. Either people want to have some kind of say in that or they don't care.

Both the right wing and the left wing tea parties don't believe in compromise.
Nothing like Cheerleaders for Corruption. Brings chills up and down my spine.

Old 07-28-2016, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Nothing like Cheerleaders for Corruption. Brings chills up and down my spine.
You scare me too.

I wish I had a dime for every time you typed the word 'corruption' in the past month. I'd be rich. No pun intended.

Carry on.

Old 07-28-2016, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
You scare me too.

I wish I had a dime for every time you typed the word 'corruption' in the past month. I'd be rich. No pun intended.

Carry on.
You know. I knew a political Apparatchik in Connecticut. Just went around crying her heart out for the highest bidder. Precious. Cheerleaders for Corruption.

Old 07-28-2016, 05:55 PM

Quote:
You know. I knew a political Apparatchik in Connecticut. Just went around crying her heart out for the highest bidder. Precious. Cheerleaders for Corruption.
And another dime for every time you typed THAT word. That's a new one for you though; it's cropped up this month too.

And a nickel for every time you typed 'oligarchy".

Two nickels for every time you typed "Wall Street".

I know what you are going to say before you even say it.

But do go on with your baseless accusations until the new talking points come in.

It's been fun
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections