Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 01:21 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,724,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
well I got to lie 4 and realized that the fact check was a lie.... LOL

take for instance this:
Trump Lie: Of all my travels in this country, nothing has affected me more deeply than the time I have spent with the mothers and fathers who have lost their children to violence spilling across our border.

Fact: Washington Post Fact Checker: “Data on immigrants and crime are incomplete, but a range of studies show there is no evidence immigrants commit more crimes than native-born Americans.” [Washington Post, 7/8/15]

So you are saying that Mr. Trump isn't affected by the deaths of these people and the time he has spent with their grieving families?

or are you trying to suggest somehow that if we did not have illegal immigration, these dead people would still be dead? That's just sick and twisted.

the FACT is that in 2014 more than 600,000 crimes were committed in TEXAS ALONE. That is a FACT.

NOT ONE of those crimes would have been committed if we held illegal immigration in check. period.

This thread is a lie.

I kinda wonder if the real lie here is when trump said 1. he was affected deeply by...what? the time he spent? not, the suffering of the mothers and fathers, the time he spent. 2. whether or not he really did spend time with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 01:35 PM

63,509 posts, read 29,531,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
No, they're Muslims and Mexicans. NONE of his policies will make America "safer". What he is peddling doesn't exist. "Make America Great Again?" America has NEVER ceased to be Great. Even at it's darkest hour, it has remained great. What Trump is selling is fear. And people are buying it.

I go on a man's character when he is unscripted, and what sealed the deal for me is his mockery of a handicapped reporter. That, my friend is a true mirror into Trump's lack of humanity.

The things that conservatives have bitched about Obama's character: Elitism, out of touch with the American people, his use of a teleprompter, his inexperience, is what they excuse Trump for. Double standard? You betcha.
Are you purposely being obtuse? They aren't just plain ole Mexicans they are the illegal alien kind. They aren't plain ole Muslims they are the terrorist kind. Trump doesn't have to sell fear about those groups there is justification for objecting to them.

America isn't as great as it used to be and I will leave it at that. I don't care what you think of Trump I'm not here selling him. I mainly want those two types of groups out of our country as they are taking away from the greatness of our country whether you want to believe that or not.

Old 07-22-2016, 01:57 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,351,543 times
Trump lies to himself every morning when he looks in the mirror and thinks he's got a good haircut.

And here's one of the lies that appeared in NBC's list of lies....
Fact-Check: How Did Trump's Claims Hold Up? - NBC News

Quote:
TRUMP CLAIM: My opponent wants to essentially abolish the 2nd amendment.
THE FACTS: Clinton has proposed gun regulations, like background checks to purchase firearms. Yet the 2008 Supreme Court decision protecting and individual's right to possess firearms also stated that the right isn't unlimited — and can be subjected to regulations.

Old 07-22-2016, 02:25 PM

22,632 posts, read 15,017,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Will you be doing this for Hillary's speech next week as well? She lies nearly as much as Trump does.
So you admit Donald lies more than Hillary???

Old 07-22-2016, 03:27 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,997,597 times
Hillary supporters complaining about lying! And using the Washington Compost as "proof"!

Too funny! rOFLMAO!

Old 07-22-2016, 03:29 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,746,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
So you admit Donald lies more than Hillary???
it doesn't matter, all politicians lie, you're not going to reject one candidate for lying when they're all doing it. why do people keep harping on this stuff.

Old 07-22-2016, 04:41 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,935,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
I'd like to keep this thread as facts based as possible, although I reckon it may be impossible give the crowd that supports Trump will invariably chimed in.

Anyhow, below are some of the lies/spins/non-facts that were told in Trump's speech. Remember, these are just the facts:
Donald Told No Less Than 21 Fact Checked Proven Lies During His Acceptance Speech
Fact Checking Donald Trump's Speech To The Republican Convention : NPR
AP FACT CHECK: Trump resurfaces debunked claims in speech - SFGate
So you agree, it was an amazing speech by an amazing man who just happens to be our next president.
You are going to love him....

Old 07-22-2016, 06:58 PM

79,910 posts, read 44,443,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
A lot of the debt were incurred by George W. Bush before he left office, but the actual spending didn't take place until after he left office.
True and will also be true for the next president.

Old 07-22-2016, 06:59 PM

79,910 posts, read 44,443,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
I kinda wonder if the real lie here is when trump said 1. he was affected deeply by...what? the time he spent? not, the suffering of the mothers and fathers, the time he spent. 2. whether or not he really did spend time with them.
This would be a fairer reading than the ones by the "fact checkers".

Old 07-22-2016, 07:02 PM

9,884 posts, read 11,044,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Will you be doing this for Hillary's speech next week as well? She lies nearly as much as Trump does.
True, but to a true hill believer she never lies, so they won't be fact-checking her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections