Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 12:56 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,326,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Probably hearing stories like yours and deciding that free tuition was a better idea. The best anti-poverty campaign is free education.
Actually its not.

Since that money must come from someone in order to pay it, thereby increasing the costs and making it more expensive, then taxing others making them poorer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 12:57 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,724,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
Trump's a blowhard, he'll say anything on the spur of the moment. He has no governor on his mouth. We'll be one "duh!" moment away from war if he's elected.
Funny, and apt on soooo many levels. I kinda feel sorry for pence, who will spend a lot of the next few months backpedaling and 'clarifying' the things that spew out of trump's mouth... kinda, but not a lot. He got himself into this.

Old 07-22-2016, 12:58 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,326,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
take it easy. who I personally vote for is irrelevant.

My question was to have someone explain how the GOP plans on getting "millions' of votes from extreme social liberals when you have a MEGA social conservative on the ticket. it doesn't add up and it's not going to happen.
You dont get them from the extreme social liberals, you get them from the democrats that are hard working and struggling, and tired of the government making things more difficult.

Again, there are 21,000 new Republicans this year in Mahoning County Ohio, in a county with only 230K individuals, many of them minorities and poor..

You can not ignore this movement

Old 07-22-2016, 05:53 PM

4,289 posts, read 3,218,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You dont get them from the extreme social liberals, you get them from the democrats that are hard working and struggling, and tired of the government making things more difficult.

Again, there are 21,000 new Republicans this year in Mahoning County Ohio, in a county with only 230K individuals, many of them minorities and poor..

You can not ignore this movement
It is about time they got smarter in Mahoning County! Over the last 70 years the Dems have promised everything and delivered nothing. Obama spent a lot of time there in the last election. I still have a lot of blue collar relatives and friends up there who now support Trump. Never thought I'd see that happen.

Old 07-22-2016, 05:55 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,395,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
last night in his speech, he was trying to appeal to the Bernie supporters. Saying Bernie never had a chance and it was rigged against him, etc etc.

how does Trump or anyone have this expectation when he chose Pence as his running mate?

anti abortion, anti gay marriage, LGBT discrimination - he's as conservative as it gets.

why do they believe that these GOP PLATFORM issues will lure progressives?
LOL! I had someone on FB tell me just the opposite about Pence, that he was anything but conservative!

Old 07-22-2016, 06:01 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,648,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
LOL! I had someone on FB tell me just the opposite about Pence, that he was anything but conservative!
Does that person know anything about politics or Pence?

Old 07-22-2016, 06:01 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,395,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
He doesn't want to see Trump in the White House. Endorsing Clinton is the responsible thing to do to keep that from happening. Sanders is putting country first. I respect him for that.
Supporting that criminal that puts national security at risk is putting "country first?" Really? She compromised classified information, some of which was above "Top Secret!" And let's just ignore her refusal to protect our ambassador and our consulate in Benghazi. Her level of incompetence is overwhelming.

Old 07-22-2016, 06:03 PM

1,733 posts, read 955,259 times
Well, today's news isn't going to help Hillary at all.

Leaked DNC emails reveal secret plans to take on Sanders | TheHill

The Sanders campaign had long claimed the DNC and Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz had tipped the scales in favor of Hillary Clinton during the party’s presidential primary.
The email release will reignite that controversy just days before Democrats gather in Philadelphia for their convention to officially nominate Clinton for president.

Guccifer 2.0 told The Hill he leaked the documents to Wikileaks.

In one May 21 email, DNC press secretary Mark Paustenbach writes to communications director Luis Miranda about planting a narrative to the media that Sanders’s “campaign was a mess.”

“Specifically, [Wasserman Schultz] had to call Bernie directly in order to get the campaign to do things because they'd either ignored or forgotten to something critical,” he wrote.

Old 07-22-2016, 08:38 PM

29,253 posts, read 22,560,368 times
...And that's why Downtown Debbie is now out of a job at the DNC.

She was summarily sent packing weeks ago, and left all full of good riddance. She was the most despised person in the Democratic leadership for the past 2 years, and the rank and file wanted her gone long ago.

Do not believe the Democratic party is gonna split up because Bernie didn't win. They will not. Why should they? The party is fully confident of another win.

Unlike Donald Trump, who is a desperated man if I ever saw one. His ride ended the day he had enough delegates to win. And after that, all we have seen is one mistake after another. He's a sandlot player in a big league game and shows it.

There wasn't a lick of pro-Trump in the convention. It was all anti-Hillary. We all know how being anti, not pro, worked out for the GOP in 2012, but it appears the Republicans are slower to learn than they used to be.

I've never seen a party work so hard for the other party in my life. All the slavering, foaming Hillary hatred must have convinced a lot of wavering voters to vote for her come November. A pack of wild dogs is never popular.

Old 07-22-2016, 08:42 PM

13,560 posts, read 10,425,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
...And that's why Downtown Debbie is now out of a job at the DNC.

She was summarily sent packing weeks ago, and left all full of good riddance. She was the most despised person in the Democratic leadership for the past 2 years, and the rank and file wanted her gone long ago.

Do not believe the Democratic party is gonna split up because Bernie didn't win. They will not. Why should they? The party is fully confident of another win.

Unlike Donald Trump, who is a desperated man if I ever saw one. His ride ended the day he had enough delegates to win. And after that, all we have seen is one mistake after another. He's a sandlot player in a big league game and shows it.

There wasn't a lick of pro-Trump in the convention. It was all anti-Hillary. We all know how being anti, not pro, worked out for the GOP in 2012, but it appears the Republicans are slower to learn than they used to be.

I've never seen a party work so hard for the other party in my life. All the slavering, foaming Hillary hatred must have convinced a lot of wavering voters to vote for her come November. A pack of wild dogs is never popular.
And Trump continues to pick fights with other GOP notables, like Kasich. He just can't play nice. You think Kasich is going to put all his efforts on getting out the vote for Trump now (as opposed to down ticket candidates)? And Trump needs Ohio to win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections