Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 10:17 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,289,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
I think Hillary is the career flopper when it comes to gay marriage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVDzUWetslg

But I thought Trump is different from Hilary. I thought he is the honest one. I was told he tells it like it is.
I was lead to believe he is not like the DC career politicians who say whatever they think the public or audience they are addressing wants to hear at the time.......
So if he is just as flakey as Hilary and if he is just as untrustworthy as Clinton then what exactly makes him so different?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 10:23 PM

8,683 posts, read 10,232,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
But I thought Trump is different from Hilary. I thought he is the honest one. I was told he tells it like it is.
I was lead to believe he is not like the DC career politicians who say whatever they think the public or audience they are addressing wants to hear at the time.......
So if he is just as flakey as Hilary and if he is just as untrustworthy as Clinton then what exactly makes him so different?
Most all politicians say whatever they think the public or audience they are addressing wants to hear. I'm not saying Trump doesn't do it, I'm just point out that Hillary (who has been a part of the establishment for a much longer time) has made a career out of it.

Old 07-22-2016, 10:23 PM

9,920 posts, read 7,788,229 times
He has Pence. If he was pro LGBT rights, pro abortion, against the death penalty, against affirmitive action, against emminent domain, clandestine wars, and push for more sustainable energy/balanced with current energy sources I would vote for Trump.

Old 07-22-2016, 10:28 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,718,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surftown831 View Post
Trump did in one primary cycle what liberals couldn't do in the past 15 years...get conservatives to accept gays and reject the GOP 1% establishment that never worked for their interest anyway.
acceptance of gays is a vague statement. Trump went a little overboard IMO. There are many gay people who don't align themselves with the official LBGTQ groups. Those groups are led by mostly straight democrats anyway. Just like blacks should not be forced to accept "black lives matter".

Letting your sexual orientation completly define yourself is a red flag.

Old 07-22-2016, 10:30 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,577,602 times
Bushism is DOA. Clintonism will be slain this year.

By 2020, after 4 years of President Trump, Dems will be trying to win back blue collar workers.

Old 07-22-2016, 10:41 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,289,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Most all politicians say whatever they think the public or audience they are addressing wants to hear. I'm not saying Trump doesn't do it, I'm just point out that Hillary (who has been a part of the establishment for a much longer time) has made a career out of it.
So the problem is not so much doing it but for how long one has been doing it? Wouldn't that be hypocritical?

Old 07-22-2016, 11:07 PM

22,632 posts, read 15,011,463 times
Trump is a New Yorker and a former Democrat, somehow I'm sure he has had contact and business dealings with lots of gay people. I think he is not going to advance the anti-LGBT platform of the Republican Party. It's obvious by mentioning LGBT folks in his acceptance speech he is sending a signal to groups like the Family Research Council and the National Organization for Marriage (two main anti-gay organizations) that he is rejecting their rhetoric.

Hillary Clinton's views on same-sex marriage may - like Obama's - have changed or evolved, but understand this: Hillary was in favor of gay rights for over 30 years and the Clintons had many gay friends. I read the book Victory: The Triumphant Gay Revolution by Linda Hirschman (New York: Harper Perennial, 2012) and it well documented the Clinton's sympathy with the gay rights movement.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:13 PM

14,139 posts, read 8,262,696 times
Very smart move by the trump campaign.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:15 PM

22,632 posts, read 15,011,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
acceptance of gays is a vague statement. Trump went a little overboard IMO. There are many gay people who don't align themselves with the official LBGTQ groups. Those groups are led by mostly straight democrats anyway...
That last statement is rubbish.

Where did you hear that?

Can you cite your sources?

Do you have some "secret" information about the history of the LGBT Rights Movement that is contrary to the hundreds of books that document the birth, infancy, growth, and development of Gay Liberation, the LGBT community, LGBT civil rights movement in countries around the world?

Again: what are your sources?

Old 07-22-2016, 11:22 PM

8,683 posts, read 10,232,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
So the problem is not so much doing it but for how long one has been doing it? Wouldn't that be hypocritical?
I'm not the hypocrite who decided to highlight Republican views on gay rights while ignoring the elephant in the room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections