Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does the DNC actively working against Sanders bother you?
Yes 115 74.68%
No 39 25.32%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 12:16 PM

14,221 posts, read 7,008,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
For the 100th time how a party picks a candidate is up to that private entity.
This is such a ludicrous point. We live in a two-party tyranny which restricts voices and choices for the American people. Thats clear.

To then go further and say that those two "private entities" can just pick whoever they choose is to abandon all ideas about America being a democracy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2016, 12:20 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,282,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Emails Released by WikiLeaks Appear to Show DNC Trying to Aid Hillary Clinton - ABC News

This is sick and repulsive. I read about it on Trump's twitter page and then proceeded to search it up and could only find this one article about it buried away on google. How disgusting and sad has our country become?
Politico had forwarded a print of the story to the DNC before they released it to the public and the Washington post held a fundraiser with Hillary with her donors and decided not to write about this leak. The American people don't seem to care being as all the responses to Trump were delete your account. Hillary supporters don't care.

I mean what the f**k. In any other country (in say, Europe) the politician being caught would be forced to resign as riots on the street would accrue demanding an anti-corruption purge and the death of said party.

you KNOW CNN isn't going to report on it but we still view them as a real news outlet. How brainwashed have we become that the largest story in politics isn't being covered and we don't care? I love this country but what happened? You can't going walking around talking about what a democracy we are when this happens and nothing is done.

The only thing that should happen is an immediate investigation into the DNC by the FBI, the resignation of Hillary's campaign and all those involved and demand by the people for an actual democracy where the two major parties don't control everything.
This is not Europe OP, we all know that by now. Hysteria and delirium are the order of the day in this land. Pushing and eventually dividing us all well enough that we forget about basic values of decency and fairness. Sadly our value system can be bought and sold like a used iphone on ebay.

In reality, the DNC could have mentioned about getting rid of Bernie once and for all. The emails might then surface and the rationale , if pushed to give it from the DNC, would be we were doing it out of concern for his age and health. The Hillary supporters and non hardcore Bernie fans would then applaud Hillary and the DNC for their compassionate treatment of Bernie. Maybe show him the door to the beat of some ethnic drumming , to whip the crowd into a frenzy as they fakely hug each other and comfort each other on how unkind and bad the world is around them.

It will never change. Most Americans are so ingrained in the whole idea of free speech and saying what is on one's mind even without giving it much consideration. We then reach out to protect, not correct our foolish extremes on each side of the political divide. The media has profited on the divisions that plague the nation. Not too many stories to sell if everyone is getting along in relative peace and harmony.

Those sensible souls in the USA, actually do resemble European values in many respects. Hard to hear them when we have lunatic fringes on both sides who hide behind the thin veil of free speech. It is easier here to turn a sane mind into a fanatical rabid animal. They remind us of how dangerous it is on the streets when in fact the real danger has been created in our minds.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:23 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,655,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
This is such a ludicrous point. We live in a two-party tyranny which restricts voices and choices for the American people. Thats clear.

To then go further and say that those two "private entities" can just pick whoever they choose is to abandon all ideas about America being a democracy.
It's not a candidate or single person that creates dictatorships. It's the electorate that Tolerate, encourages and promotes it that leads to tyranny.

#DNCleak has gone completely ballistic on Twitter. Honest people understand the implications of the DNC pretending to have honest elections when the fix was in.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:27 PM

14,221 posts, read 7,008,802 times
Check this e-mail out:

Ankit Desai, chief lobbyist (Vice President of Government Affairs) for Cheniere Energy talking with the DNC top brass:
Quote:
"(Obama) is going to get paid (well deserved). I hope he invites Bernie to his Goldman speech."
https://www.wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/emailid/1958

Old 07-23-2016, 12:44 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,339,010 times
You know what I find cute? This is pretty much a non starter with my liberal/Bernie friends. None of them care. However, when I head to twitter all the outrage is coming from GOP members and Trump supporters.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:45 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,513,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
You know what I find cute? This is pretty much a non starter with my liberal/Bernie friends. None of them care. However, when I head to twitter all the outrage is coming from GOP members and Trump supporters.
So you're telling me all "my liberal/Bernie friends", who had such passion for the guys beliefs/views, now just shrug and say "eh, it's fine, it's all fixed/we don't care, hil for pres....woo woo".

uh huh.

Nice try cat. Your depth of love for the dems/hil is even more scary than I imagined. You and your "friends" are true herd bots...and even more frighting, vote.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:46 PM

8,683 posts, read 10,232,187 times
Quote:
Maybe your Bernie friends, but not mine. The fact that you find it cute speaks volumes.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Wrong. Check Reddit Political Revolution group which is a direct descendent of the Reddit Bernie Sanders group that helped organize his campaign. They have gone crazy with anger.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Maybe your Bernie friends, but not mine. The fact that you find it cute speaks volumes.
Birds of a feather ...

Old 07-23-2016, 12:48 PM

34,297 posts, read 15,745,957 times
Poor Burnie he never got a dinner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0sGM9IbxIc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections