Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does the DNC actively working against Sanders bother you?
Yes 115 74.68%
No 39 25.32%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 06:21 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,713,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Well, we know for a fact that the Russians hacked the DNC.
And the Chinese hacked Romney in 2012. Its not unusual or some giant conspiracy. Some sound more irate about the hack than the corruption within the DNC and the media collusion that it revealed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2016, 06:24 PM

8,664 posts, read 9,202,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Right now Bill is probably sitting in a jet on some tarmac paying a guy from China to hack into the RNC's emails.
Or accepting several million dollars for his library.

Old 07-24-2016, 06:34 PM

7,712 posts, read 4,775,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
So then you see why Russians have motive?
So we try to steal Russia's pipelines & crush their economy, thus we should see them as our enemy because now they have "motive" (whatever that means?). It sounds like something right out of the NeoCon playbook.

Old 07-24-2016, 06:35 PM

549 posts, read 294,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Many others see it quite different, like this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...h-against-him/
Thanks for the link. I read the article. Only the headline seems to see it different from what I'm stating, and the headline is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Washington Post
“my Southern Baptist peeps would draw a big difference between a Jew and an atheist.”
Let's walk this through: What would the baptist peeps think of "a Jew" vs "an atheist". That person^ seems to think that the jewish person would be okay, but the atheist would not. Score 1 for bigpicture, who argues that they weren't trying to disparage bernie's ethnicity, nor his faith, but his presumed lack thereof.

The WaPo headline: "WikiLeaks: Democratic Party officials appear to discuss using Sanders’s faith against him" got it wrong, and nothing in the article backs their headline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Washington Post
The May 5 emails apparently showing party leaders conspiring against Sanders came at a time when many Democratic Party leaders were tired of the Sanders-Clinton campaign continuing and wanted to move on with a nomination of Hillary Clinton against an eventual GOP nominee. Sanders would have been the first major-ticket nominee — or president — to openly present himself as nonreligious and was not speaking much about his faith background.
Get it? It was about him being the first nominee to be "nonreligious" (something I share with Sanders, btw). It wasn't about his "faith" or his ethnic background.

Quote:
Nasty stuff there bigpicture what's obviously being implied here. Given you're probably a dem/hil supporter, I can understand you wanting a garbage can to smell nice by painting a picture of a rose on it.
No, it's not because I'm pro-hillary (more like anti-trump) that I point out the obvious here... It's because the truth is just that, and why should the party that uses racism as a tool get to cast something as racism that obviously isn't? That's kinda like them constantly calling things that are obviously racism not racism for years and years and generations and generations.

Quote:
And don't forget the racist emails like calling gays "homos", busting on a black woman's name, etc.

I suppose you have a defense for this kind of talk?
No, I don't have a defense for that. I just responded to one part of this discussion that was pasted into this thread. I post here as I work (probably shouldn't), so I hadn't had time to check out the full leak. I'm not doing "damage control" for hillary, just calling things as I see them.

Anyway, as I wrote before: we arrived at having two really sh_tty choices somehow... The american people can't be absolved of blame themselves. We get the leadership we deserve.

Right now, the "damage control" we need to focus on is the damage that trump would do this country -- where we and our kids have to live -- should he take the reins of power.

Trump is still far scarier than hillary. These leaks are nothing compared to the things the "right" says outright, let alone the dirt they hide.

Old 07-24-2016, 06:38 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,150,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
'July 24, 2016

Headquarters to dv1033 --- Writing the word 'Bush' is an antiquated method to defend Obama, our Party, and the Hillary presidential candidacy. Please adopt a variation of our new approach --- 'it happened a long time ago, any errors that may have been made have been corrected, it's time to move on.

Keep up your great work. Regards,
x'
Oh....

Are you saying policies and legislation and their effects end once a president leaves office? No?

Stop playing gotcha, and try thinking for a change.

Old 07-24-2016, 06:40 PM

14,221 posts, read 7,011,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpicture View Post
Let "conservatives" use this stuff to help trump win (& thus embolden & legitimize the worldview of his followers...)
So that's why you trivialize religious bigotry by these jackasses at the highest level of the Democratic party with enormous power over our political system and who are supposed to be neutral. People have every right to be infuriated.

I just couldnt figure out why anyone would play down such bigotry, but I understand now. Because...Trump.

Old 07-24-2016, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
No, they have reason to run us out of their neighborhood. I support them in that.
What about what the Europeans want? Is Russia by their neighborhood?

Old 07-24-2016, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
So we try to steal Russia's pipelines & crush their economy, thus we should see them as our enemy because now they have "motive" (whatever that means?). It sounds like something right out of the NeoCon playbook.
Russia crushed it's own economy by being an oligarchy and kleptocracy. Not to mention how it never diversified their economy past O&G and how it's major trading partner (China) isn't gobbling up nearly as much of Russia's natural resources.

Look at a map of the USSR in all it's glory and all those countries are still messed up. The folks in the eastern bloc are immigrating to the EU where there are still jobs.

Old 07-24-2016, 06:48 PM

549 posts, read 294,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
So that's why you trivialize religious bigotry by these jackasses at the highest level of the Democratic party with enormous power over our political system and who are supposed to be neutral. People have every right to be infuriated.

I just couldnt figure out why anyone would play down such bigotry, but I understand now. Because...Trump.

Suuure... Like this democratic "religious bigotry" "at the highest level" is going to have some impact on policy.

In the meanwhile, the "conservatives" want to make tax policy based on tithing, say hillary is down with the devil, think end-times are near so why bother, think we're in a holy war with islam, think it's okay to discriminate against gays, etc. etc. etc. (etc.)

I've read your posts PCAL. I think you're yankin' my chain as they say.

Old 07-24-2016, 06:53 PM

46,465 posts, read 27,328,200 times
Great the russinas did it, now lefties, tell us why the dnc wrote those emails?

You are placing the blame on the russians, when they ahve nothing to do with who wrote the emails...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections