Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 11:05 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,502,411 times

Advertisements

I had some d friends see the movie, and to my astonishment they came away from this, saying the woman is more evil, crooked, and dishonest then I ever imagined. I have not see this movie, nor heard about it until just recently.

They have an open mind and it is now very clear what they think, and I cannot repeat what they said.

Clinton's policies suck, what the hell has she done for any of us, the black community and the Hispanic community which she claims to love while running for President. Nothing, and what did she do for the 4 Americans who died under her watch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2016, 02:26 PM

12,309 posts, read 9,791,883 times
I just got back from seeing the movie and I must say I was pretty underwhelmed. I share D'Souza's disdain for Hillary and today's "progressive" left, but I found this film disappointing and even disturbing in parts.

I went in really wanting to like it, but left feeling very glad that my ticket was a free gift.

Old 07-24-2016, 02:58 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,358,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
YES, he DID say that:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...MH_nL9iRq17a6A

He was talking about how loyal his supporters are, and gave the shooting example. He said that, no one else.
Listen from 0:16 -- 0:27. When he says 'you know what they say,' they is referring to the polls. He's saying the polls are implying that his supporters are so loyal he wouldn't lose any votes were he to stand in the middle of 5 Ave and shoot somebody.

The example is his extrapolation of supporter loyalty based on how loyal the polls say his voter are. Of course, there is no poll explicitly using the shooting example but the example is based on poll results.

Not sure why this is such an issue either way.

Old 07-24-2016, 03:18 PM

100,218 posts, read 4,518,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
The film, a conservative political documentary which explores Barack Obama's past and speculates about what his second term in office would mean for the United States, has become a surprise breakout at the box office, earning $28 million so far. That total makes it the highest grossing conservative documentary of all time, the second most successful political documentary of all time (behind Michael Moore's 2004 film, Fahrenheit 9/11), and No. 6 on the list of all documentaries. Industry insiders suggest that the film, made for $2.5 million, will likely end its run with a box office total of more than $35 million, easily making it 2012's highest grossing nonfiction film.
2016: Obama's America | Christianity Today
In spite of those figures, this "documentary" came out at this point in the 2012 election cycle, and it had zero impact on that election.

Old 07-24-2016, 03:27 PM

27,224 posts, read 46,923,923 times
I don't think it will have major impact on the elections as Democrats are not interested in the truth as the film maker is also pointing out. Their goal will always be to blame anyone who speaks out even if they tell the truth..just attack and say they are wrong and go at it harder and that way it shows you believe it and the others are to be blamed.

Native Americans went to put is reservations and black in the ghetto's and as long as Democrats say it is the Republicans who are unwilling to help the Democrats believe them.

Unfortunately after almost 8 years of Democratic leadership blacks who are almost no longer a minority but they are still a group that is left behind, especially by the Democrats. But Democrats blame the other side.

Old 07-24-2016, 03:30 PM

15,695 posts, read 15,850,208 times
I'd heard of it but also noticed that is has an extraordinarily bad rating of 5% on Rotten Tomatoes. So I lost interest in seeing it.

It's puzzling that conservatives don't seem able to make good documentaries. Even setting aside Michael Moore, who's probably the most successful, almost all good socio-political documentaries tend to have a liberal or progressive slant - The Corporation, Inside Job, Citizenfour, etc.

Old 07-24-2016, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
I'd heard of it but also noticed that is has an extraordinarily bad rating of 5% on Rotten Tomatoes. So I lost interest in seeing it.

It's puzzling that conservatives don't seem able to make good documentaries. Even setting aside Michael Moore, who's probably the most successful, almost all good socio-political documentaries tend to have a liberal or progressive slant - The Corporation, Inside Job, Citizenfour, etc.
Most ratings on RT were from people who didn't see the film to drive it's average score down. Same happens with books that are critical of the left.

It was a good film. My preference (assuming the same total duration) would have been less time on the historical background and more time specifically on Hillary but there is a link between the two. I'd recommend it.

Old 07-24-2016, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I don't think it will have major impact on the elections as Democrats are not interested in the truth as the film maker is also pointing out. Their goal will always be to blame anyone who speaks out even if they tell the truth..just attack and say they are wrong and go at it harder and that way it shows you believe it and the others are to be blamed.

Native Americans went to put is reservations and black in the ghetto's and as long as Democrats say it is the Republicans who are unwilling to help the Democrats believe them.

Unfortunately after almost 8 years of Democratic leadership blacks who are almost no longer a minority but they are still a group that is left behind, especially by the Democrats. But Democrats blame the other side.
You can't blame the Democratic politicians for blaming the other side or failing to take responsibility for leaving blacks behind if Democratic politicians know blacks will support them in droves with 90%+ come hell or high water.

I'm not really into the tribalism (think 'What are you going to do for blacks? Hispanics?') as that would require adjusting statute based on race. In general, I take the 'rising tide lifts all boats' approach such that, if the country improves overall, there's no reason people of a given ethnicity shouldn't participate in that improvement (overall, of course exceptions exist). In the case of big government (as we have now), it is possible for the country to be doing worse while those at the top and those with political connections continue to prosper but, in general, a sinking tide will still lead to most boats sinking as well.

Old 07-24-2016, 03:59 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,341,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I'm betting there will be no Academy Award for this one. There was for Inconvenient Truth. Fahrenheit 9/11 was nominated. Sicko, too.
That may be because the film sucks. Actual film reviews are terrible. Re-enactments? Like on those cheesy tv shows? It really sounds like a comedy.

Shouldn't this thread be moved to Entertainment->Films? Though it sounds like it may be not even be entertainment.

"...Oh, for the days when Dinesh D’Souza was just a self-righteous neoconservative scribe. In recent years, he has re-branded himself as a documentary filmmaker, and in the process he has become something even more outlandish: a right-wing conspiracy wingnut, the kind of “thinker” who takes off from Barack Obama birther theories and just keeps going, spinning out a web of comic-book liberal evil..."

"...D’Souza and co-director Bruce Schooley use reenactments to offer distorted accounts of everything from D’Souza’s legal troubles to dramatic episodes from American history. D’Souza plays himself in an exaggerated scene set in the halfway house where he spent eight months after breaking campaign finance laws..."

‘Hillary’s America’ review: Dinesh D’Souza’s Clinton-bashing doc | Variety

https://www.washingtonpost.com/going...?tid=kp_google

Hillary's America: The Secret History Of The Democratic Party · Film Review Hillary

"Hillary's America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party" review

Hillary's America: The Secret History Of The Democratic Party Movie Review (2016) | Roger Ebert

Old 07-24-2016, 05:40 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,307,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post

don't let that fool you, the majority of people of magazines and newspapers giving reviews are liberals especially movie reviewers which falls in the entertainment section of a magazine or newspaper.

they gave good ratings to all Michael Moore documentaries and even nominated him several times for Oscars and got one.

It shows the Hollywood, media and entertainment industry are mostly liberals.

go check it out yourself and then give your opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections