Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 05:41 AM

391 posts, read 292,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Ivanka Trump: My Father Will Change Labor Laws to Benefit Women | Fox Business

What's not to love about this? Except for the fact he can't pass laws by himself?

If it was so easy to change laws, other Presidents would have done it a long time ago.

There is still no "Equal Rights Amendment" despite the fact it's been in the works since the 1920s -- almost 100 years now. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal_Rights_Amendment

All the Equal Rights Amendment does is guarantee equal rights to women. That's all! Yet they can't get enough states to ratify it!

So, ticks me off when politicians promise things that can't be done.
A friend of mine who works at the EEOC said she would be very happy about this, if true. A republican supporting the EEOC? That would be unheard of...

By helping the EEOC trump can definitely try to do exactly what his daughter said. He would put the right people in place and make it their mission.

That is one tool available to trump... that would be odd though, given the political history of the agency with the dems and republicans.

Are we sure trump is a republican?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2016, 06:12 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,694,999 times
Uh oh! Sounds like Ivanka has a war against white males in mind! We all know that white males are the new oppressed group in the US!

Old 07-24-2016, 09:23 AM

13,560 posts, read 10,425,938 times
And how is Trump going to get this thru Congress?

Old 07-24-2016, 09:33 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,346,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
And in what ways has Donald Trump supported better workers rights for women? Will he address the wage gap?
I've never heard him mention this issue at all.

Besides, it is difficult to determine if Ivanka was giving a speech about her father or marketing her dress (believed to be made in China), as she tweeted out where everyone could buy it after the speech.

Ivanka Trump Sells Her Chinese-Made Dresses at Macy's, Her Dad's Enemy - Fortune

Old 07-24-2016, 09:41 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,648,752 times
Quote:

What's not to love about this? Except for the fact he can't pass laws by himself?

If it was so easy to change laws, other Presidents would have done it a long time ago.

There is still no "Equal Rights Amendment" despite the fact it's been in the works since the 1920s -- almost 100 years now. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal_Rights_Amendment

All the Equal Rights Amendment does is guarantee equal rights to women. That's all! Yet they can't get enough states to ratify it!

Ivanka was trying to appeal to women. The candidate himself has never uttered one word about equal pay or child care, etc. So I am not buying one word of it.

Ivanka should be speaking at the Democratic convention and campaigning for Hillary. WHICH, I bet she would be if Daddy weren't running as she and Chelsea were friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguars010 View Post
ivanka came off left of center during her speech
She sure did!

Old 07-24-2016, 12:18 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,220,566 times
Wouldn't it be a hoot if Trump suddenly adopted every single one of Hillary's positions during the debate? Then you'd have a Republican running as a Democrat! Or a Democrat running as a Republican!

Either way, Trump is NO conservative and NO Republican.

Old 07-24-2016, 05:40 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,273,772 times
Quote:

She is daddy's little girl which is all fine, but I don't think she has much understanding about how politics work.

Old 07-24-2016, 05:58 PM

4,808 posts, read 3,535,695 times
EOs via the POTUS can change Dept of Labors policys.

Old 07-24-2016, 06:18 PM

19,792 posts, read 14,007,530 times
Trump is an opportunist that says what is convenient for the moment. This is what Trump has previously stated:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygQbxr_01KM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections