Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 01:26 AM

29,253 posts, read 22,560,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Another one who would brush Monica aside and ALL the other women. Yep, you people and the OP's precious mother support women like you support war against women.
Uh- It was Monica's idea. She went hunting, not Bill. Young women do that, sometimes. It's part of nature.

I feel sorry for Monica; she was just another horny young girl, following her biological imperatives, but usually, those imperatives don't ruin a girl's life forever. They did for Monica.

The thing she wants most in life is to be brushed aside and forgotten. But, as one of the most notorious women in the world, even after 25 years, that's not likely to ever happen.

I'm no wager of war on women, despite the broad brush you just flung in my direction.

I come from a family that was chock full of strong, independent women who raised me, and were all highly respected by the men in their lives. A lot of them, too; one of my grandmothers had 7 sisters, and they were all sufferagettes when young.
All of them owned their own farms the homesteaded themselves, and they all chose strong men as husbands on both sides of my family, and all treated each other with mutual respect, love, and honesty.

I married an independent woman in turn, who was a feminist before you were born, and was a femininist back in the day when women needed courage to take on that label.

I grew up in a life where women worked just as hard as men, doing men's work willingly when it was needed. Not a one of them was a man hater, and not a one of their men was a woman hater.
I'm forever grateful to them all. I was a very lucky boy to have been given such a big family so full of women to grow up in. My mother, who's now 92, is still my best and most honest counselor. And I got my good looks from her.

Sorry- that big generalization you threw doesn't apply to me. I have always been very comfortable in the presence of a good strong woman, and I've worked for more than one of them, lived with them, and raised a bunch of kids with one of them.

And no one could be prouder than me to see a woman finally becoming a nominee for the highest office in the land. I'll be a very happy man to give her my vote come November. It's high time a woman directs this nation for a while- they have a better sense of what's truly important in life than most men have, including me.

And God knows we need a good dose of reality that only a wise woman of age can bring these days. I recall more than one of them who saved her nation when the chips were down.

Last edited by banjomike; 07-30-2016 at 01:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2016, 02:51 AM

7,729 posts, read 8,827,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
She thinks Hillary has always told Bill what to do.
That's very much true. I read one of Bill's early mistresses say that Bill told her Hillary always kicked his butt and made him do what he should. I think that's what Bill meant when he said in the DNC speech that Hillary is the biggest changer he has known in his life.

Old 07-30-2016, 04:50 AM

24,230 posts, read 15,297,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Nita lives in Bella Vista, Arkansas (It's near the border with Missouri in NW Arkansas).

'One of those white flight suburbs of Houston'....I seem to recall from past posts that you live somewhere in the area bordered by 1960 - 249 - Spring Cypress - and Steubner Airline...somewhere near the Klein High/Klein Forest High boundary. Did you move, or do you not think that some people (perhaps not you) might describe your area in the same manner? My area is often mentioned as fitting your description (I live in The Woodlands).
My mistake. Got names mixed up and was thinking if the wrong person. I apologize.

Isn't Bella Vista about 95% white and mostly old duffers?

We downsized 3 years ago. We currently live in an area that is majority from SE Asia and the ME. The rest are divided between WASPs, Mexican and AA.

DH insisted we get out of a school district controlled by religious conservatives. Even though he was aware we would be zoned to Klein HS as soon as the new school opened.
The ones who stuck it out got about $20 a foot more when they sold. Staying was not worth it to him.

Houston, though changing, is still very segregated. Klein was one of the 10 districts mentioned in a university study on resegregation about 10 years ago.

Old 07-30-2016, 04:57 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,724,404 times
Quote:
I love my Mom. Great lady. She's of totally sound mind (amazingly so). She's a pretty sharp person.
But let's just say that she, and people like her, are keeping lots of political-class operatives in the gravy this year. She's buying EVERYTHING they're selling in 2016!
Tonight, rather than just tease her about Trump (who I like and she absolutely detests), I actually picked her brain a bit. Here's some of what she said about him (quotes are actual):
First and foremost, "he ruined Marla Maples". This has been a sore spot for Mom for years. I don't even know what to think about this....I guess he did??? Who knows.
Second, he is "just like Milosevic". (When I said that's not really fair, she said, "don't worry, nobody even knows who he is".??). She says Trump is the reason America is just like 1933 Nazi Germany now.
Third, "he crushed a lot of people" in his rise to the top of his career. She doesn't know who, but she is CERTAIN of this.
Fourth, his children "are all terrified of him."
Fifth, he is very uncivilized.
Sixth, he has a big head and white areas around his eyes (she told me her theory about where they come from, but I can't remember what she said).
Seventh, he is SO devious that he chose Pence, who is someone right up my mom's alley. A sneaky move.
Eighth, he has many factories in Mexico (making his clothes), so "how could he ever make Mexico build a wall?? How could he keep paying all those poor Mexicans fifty cents a day to make his clothes??"
Ninth, he would immediately get us into World War 3.

Which leads to the sad part: my Mom is not a fearful person, but she is absolutely terrified of a Trump presidency. She has been picking up little snippets about him from the media...the usual drumbeat from the Dems and their media allies (BUT she is sure that there is nobody out there in the political field or in the media who is pushing any kind of anti-Trump message or trying to convince people to have a negative view of him; "they didn't even think he was going to get very far!!"... I guess to her that means that if you haven't started a negative campaign against someone by January, it's too late and you just have to skip ever doing it).
She tends to read our little local leftist daily, and watches CBS Evening News. That's mostly it.
And now she has added what she's "heard" about Trump this year to her longstanding antipathy against him (which we never really did get to the bottom of).
She promised me that NOTHING I or any one else could ever tell her would ever make her change her opinion of Trump in the slightest.

Hillary is hoping that there are a lot of people like her....
You seem to feel that the media has been treating trump unfairly. Seriously, they have only been reporting what he's been saying and doing. All the negative view of him comes directly from him. But, you probably don't really want to hear that, as you would say the same thing she said to you: "NOTHING I or any one else could ever tell her would ever make her change her opinion of Trump in the slightest."

Old 07-30-2016, 05:06 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,724,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
the villages!
Yep, people who buy into a yuuuge retirement community in a fairly rural area. Swamped the locals with their votes for things they want, drove up property taxes, strained the infrastructure, loaded the political offices with their own candidates to ensure that what they wanted would get passed. No regard to anyone but themselves. No wonder they are massively trump followers.

Old 07-30-2016, 06:42 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,948,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
You seem to feel that the media has been treating trump unfairly. Seriously, they have only been reporting what he's been saying and doing. All the negative view of him comes directly from him. But, you probably don't really want to hear that, as you would say the same thing she said to you: "NOTHING I or any one else could ever tell her would ever make her change her opinion of Trump in the slightest."
Actually, I told my mother that in order to better understand her longstanding personal antipathy towards Trump (which I have always been a bit puzzled by), I would read the most critical biography of him out there.
Apology accepted.

As for today's media reportage of Trump, I regularly use about thirty different media sources, of almost all stripes. So I know for certain that her daily newspaper and CBS news are giving her only half the story on Trump. Both are now jokes in general... "State run media"......

Old 07-30-2016, 06:54 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,914,055 times
Quote:
She feels it is somewhat good of her to stick with Bill through many years of philandering. She thinks Hillary has always told Bill what to do.
She despises partial birth abortion more than just about anything in the world, but says "it doesn't really matter if Hillary believes in it, because it's illegal anyways."
She thinks Michelle Obama's speech was great because "it showed just how wise the women of this world are"---far wiser than men. Yet she ADAMENTLY says that Hillarys gender is irrelevant.
Basically, she has never cared for the Clintons very much, yet she might vote for Hillary this time.

If a lot of her thinking seems muddled and doesn't make much sense, that's because she's happy not thinking about politics too deeply. In that, she is like most people, content to rest with surface impressions. Thinking with consistency and coherency takes work.
And her age has little to do with it, although I am sure she hasn't much energy these days. People fifty years younger than her who are fit as a fiddle often don't like doing the harder work, either.
Nope, her thinking doesn't seem muddled in the least. She is more of sound mind than at least half the posters on this board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Turn her on to Fox News and see what she says.
Abuse of the elderly is against the law.

Old 07-30-2016, 07:05 AM

35,308 posts, read 52,568,364 times
Taking your Mom to task for her opinions? i think you should listen to her more carefully as she sounds less muddled than you .

Old 07-30-2016, 08:33 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,948,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Taking your Mom to task for her opinions? i think you should listen to her more carefully as she sounds less muddled than you .
Actually, I wanted more to explore her rationales.

Old 07-30-2016, 09:04 AM

59,555 posts, read 27,740,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Uh- It was Monica's idea. She went hunting, not Bill. Young women do that, sometimes. It's part of nature.

I feel sorry for Monica; she was just another horny young girl, following her biological imperatives, but usually, those imperatives don't ruin a girl's life forever. They did for Monica.

The thing she wants most in life is to be brushed aside and forgotten. But, as one of the most notorious women in the world, even after 25 years, that's not likely to ever happen.

I'm no wager of war on women, despite the broad brush you just flung in my direction.

I come from a family that was chock full of strong, independent women who raised me, and were all highly respected by the men in their lives. A lot of them, too; one of my grandmothers had 7 sisters, and they were all sufferagettes when young.
All of them owned their own farms the homesteaded themselves, and they all chose strong men as husbands on both sides of my family, and all treated each other with mutual respect, love, and honesty.

I married an independent woman in turn, who was a feminist before you were born, and was a femininist back in the day when women needed courage to take on that label.

I grew up in a life where women worked just as hard as men, doing men's work willingly when it was needed. Not a one of them was a man hater, and not a one of their men was a woman hater.
I'm forever grateful to them all. I was a very lucky boy to have been given such a big family so full of women to grow up in. My mother, who's now 92, is still my best and most honest counselor. And I got my good looks from her.

Sorry- that big generalization you threw doesn't apply to me. I have always been very comfortable in the presence of a good strong woman, and I've worked for more than one of them, lived with them, and raised a bunch of kids with one of them.

And no one could be prouder than me to see a woman finally becoming a nominee for the highest office in the land. I'll be a very happy man to give her my vote come November. It's high time a woman directs this nation for a while- they have a better sense of what's truly important in life than most men have, including me.

And God knows we need a good dose of reality that only a wise woman of age can bring these days. I recall more than one of them who saved her nation when the chips were down.
"It was Monica's idea. She went hunting,"

Even if she did, so what? Shouldn't Bill have MAN enough and as President of the United States, to reject her?

I guess ALL the OTHER women Bill went after were "hunting" also?

You are the typical "Gubered" dem.

"I feel sorry for Monica; she was just another horny young girl,"

I always find the double standard of the left amuzing.

When a 14 year old "girl" want to have an abortion, the left say "she is a WOMAN capable of making her own decisions.

Then when it is "convenient," " she is just a young GIRL "

A 23 year old college graduate SHOULD be old enough to know right from wrong!

Last edited by Quick Enough; 07-30-2016 at 09:14 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections