Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 04:37 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,792,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Really, the polls have been saying different. For every Republican you think is voting for Hillary there are at least 3-4 democrats and independents voting for Trump. That's why Republicans have voted in record numbers in the primaries and Democrats voting numbers are substantially down. That's because many democrats and independents can't fathom voting for a pathological liar that couldn't tell the truth if you asked her what time it is.
Polls are very limited and I dont know how their data was collected- I don't take them too seriously. Turnout for primaries don't compare to turnouts for a presidential elections.

Most inpedendents I know are voting 3rd party. All Democrats I know are voting for Clinton, even if they aren't big fans. The alternative is much, much worst.

Old 07-29-2016, 04:38 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Talking Hey sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Nope, that corrupt old hag is finished either way, along with her ignorant, unAmerican supporters...

You're gonna be SO disappointed in November.

But America will thrive.

Old 07-29-2016, 05:21 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,120,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
You're gonna be SO disappointed in November.

But America will thrive.

There has to be a rational explanation for why, seemingly normal, people think Trump could ever out debate Clinton. The only thing I could come up with is they are quite simply incredibly delusional in the worse way. Ted Cruz and others mopped up the floor w/Trump. How he won the primary spoke volumes about the state of the GOP. It is in shambles.

Old 07-29-2016, 05:38 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
There has to be a rational explanation for why, seemingly normal, people think Trump could ever out debate Clinton. The only thing I could come up with is they are quite simply incredibly delusional in the worse way. Ted Cruz and others mopped up the floor w/Trump. How he won the primary spoke volumes about the state of the GOP. It is in shambles.

A huge chunk of the **********s are irrational, angry, nonanalytical and just plain scared. They tune into hate radio and Fox News and think they're being informed, instead of played.

They think Bill O'Reilly is an accomplished historian. They think Rush Limbaugh is a top-notch journalist.

They're now convinced that Drumpf is sincere and ready to become POTUS because he's loud and obnoxious, just like O'Reilly and Limpbaugh. So he's their guy. He's gonna save 'em from those scary ISIS jihadis that might be hiding under their beds at night.

Fortunately for America (and the world) they're not nearly enough to elect that schlub.

But between now and November, this campaign is gonna be lots of fun.

Old 07-29-2016, 05:42 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,029,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
No contest! Clinton will expose Trump as the "fake" candidate that he is.
Fake candidate? Didn't your teachers tell you anybody can grow up to be president? Fake? He's alive, he's real, and he's the candidate. Fake?

OK, then.

Old 07-29-2016, 05:44 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,466,408 times
Quote:
Yet he still won. Easily.

The point being/which you hinted on is yes, the american people are largely sick of Debates, fancy speeches, empty rhetoric, lies, etc while nothing gets done/fixed in our nation and finally many people are starting to see it's the donors that get served first and people last by BOTH PARTIES/politicians in general. Seems you love the good old days of rhetoric/nonsense talk/zingers in debates over actual addressing matters/problems in our nation and fixing them but finally many in the herd/the sheep have woken up. Perhaps someday you will too.

Old 07-29-2016, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Yet he still won. Easily.

The point being/which you hinted on is yes, the american people are largely sick of Debates, fancy speeches, empty rhetoric, lies, etc while nothing gets done/fixed in our nation and finally many people are starting to see it's the donors that get served first and people last by BOTH PARTIES/politicians in general. Seems you love the good old days of rhetoric/nonsense talk/zingers in debates over actual addressing matters/problems in our nation and fixing them but finally many in the herd/the sheep have woken up. Perhaps someday you will too.
Umm, I am wake and alert. Thanks for caring. If you support Trump and your comments seem to indicate you do, and for that I have two words for you. I'm sorry.

Old 07-29-2016, 06:25 PM

Quote:
A huge chunk of the **********s are irrational, angry, nonanalytical and just plain scared. They tune into hate radio and Fox News and think they're being informed, instead of played.

They think Bill O'Reilly is an accomplished historian. They think Rush Limbaugh is a top-notch journalist.

They're now convinced that Drumpf is sincere and ready to become POTUS because he's loud and obnoxious, just like O'Reilly and Limpbaugh. So he's their guy. He's gonna save 'em from those scary ISIS jihadis that might be hiding under their beds at night.

Fortunately for America (and the world) they're not nearly enough to elect that schlub.

Yes, it will. I'm hardly on CD these days, but I have to make it my duty to visit every election cycle. I mean the right wing loons on here are beyond comical and seeing them try to rationalize why Trump is a serious candidate for the presidency is quite entertaining -- the same reason I watch foxnews. I enjoy the entertainment value. I go to the real networks when I want actual news.

Old 07-29-2016, 06:42 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,966,530 times
Both candidates are liars and worse, and you are right about one thing, people are scared.

They can't make ends meet, there is so much hate and animosity, and the current administration is fueling it. People are scared for their children and their grandchildren. Rape and sexual assault is nothing if done by a refugee, and Clinton promises to bring in 1 million of them in her first term.

I am responsible, really. We work hard, do okay, and I became complacent and did not fight hard enough for people to see the good in themselves and their value so they would not make these insane choices. I even voted for Bill Clinton twice. Had I known he harmed so many women--rape, attacks, physical assaults--and that Hillary then would threaten them, he would never have gotten my vote.

I'm shocked to see you all holding Hillary up like an icon to women and women's rights, and she is the chief perpetrator against them and is a criminal on top of that.

Then I see a video of a BLM activist shouting out to kill all the white babies--now!! WTF???? And this administration is meeting with them regularly in the White House..

It's hard to hold on to hope when the inmates are running the asylum, and the two candidates should be chief residents therein. So go ahead with your little names you call people who do not agree with you--I know they make you happy to write. They are small and meaningless, really.

If Trump is elected, I can only hope Pence will have some effect on him because I have no idea what to expect. I can only hope he will truly help America as he says he wants to do, and hope I am surprised by a show of leadership and goodness that people say is there but is hard to find right now. If Clinton is elected, I will spend my time helping my children and grandchildren learn how to fight, succeed and survive in what is rapidly becoming and what will be a god-forsaken America.

Quote:

Old 07-29-2016, 06:55 PM

10,029 posts, read 9,504,253 times
Quote:
..... And polling numbers showing a tight close race speaks volumes on what people think of the democratic nominee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections