Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 05:12 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,525,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeemama View Post
I was very moved by Hillary's speech and I know speeches are not her strong point but I was so very happy yesterday knowing I am making the right choice in November. I am with HER!
I think Clinton's awkward at giving speeches. She's better at debates, and by all accounts is good at actually doing the work.

In spite of the awkwardness, I think there were some really nice high points in the speech. I particularly liked tying her mother's childhood to Clinton's work for the Children's Defense Fund. And the paragraph on her policy focus was good. Midnight in America was a good line for Trump's Republican Party. The riff on "I alone can fix it" was solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
I though the speech was meh.

The buildup to the speech was excellent though.
The Obamas gave us the high points of the convention speeches, no question. Michelle's was great, and the President's--it was special.

All told, I feel more confident about Hillary Clinton and the Democratic Party after this convention than before it.

Old 07-29-2016, 05:19 PM

59,216 posts, read 27,403,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeasher View Post
she had no resolve, no strength, no passion, very lifeless really. I think her weakest was trying to bring up trump so many times. Who wrote her speech/advised her? It was a mess for her and her party
I, and others, have noticed she NEVER looks into the camera, (like making eye contact with someone you are talking with) she looks up into the ceiling.

Maybe so she can remember her canned speech.

Old 07-29-2016, 05:22 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,478,202 times
Quote:
I was very moved by Hillary's speech and I know speeches are not her strong point but I was so very happy yesterday knowing I am making the right choice in November. I am with HER!
"Moved" to sleep perhaps?

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/215715

Did Bill Clinton Fall Asleep During Hillary's DNC Speech? - Breitbart

Old 07-29-2016, 05:23 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,286,221 times
Quote:
I'm with you! And by the looks of the audience in tears, many many others agree.

Old 07-29-2016, 05:31 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,652,230 times
I just saw a segment where she was stating that she didn't have the heart to uphold USA law. It was supposed to be positive but all it did for me was make me angry anyone running for president was stating she had no intention of doing the job the way she should. We don't need another president who picks and chooses which laws he wants to enforce. The president is supposed to enforce all the laws whether he agrees with them or not.

Old 07-29-2016, 05:32 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,286,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Do you honestly think any of that matters given the context of a sociopath like Trump trying to squat in the White house?

Have you taken a good look at his florid, red face when he screeches that the world is ending and HE and HE ALONE can fix it?

I'm serious. Go check out Marlon Brando in Apocalypse Now.

Do it.
You are absolutely correct. He is one scary demagogue. Luckily, he scares a lot of people. Today the Google spike was 'registering to vote.' Trump is going to get stomped.

Khan DNC Speech Drives Spike in Voter Registration Searches

Old 07-29-2016, 06:51 PM

184 posts, read 132,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I'm a Hillary supporter and I didn't think it was her best speech, or as good as some of the others at the convention.

But I'm not voting for based on her ability to give a good speech, so whatever.
Fair, and honestly i wanted her to give a good speech because I'm personally willing to give her a chance. But this was her big stage. So it does matter, maybe not exclusively but they built it as her chance to show everyone she's ready. I fell she fell a little flat, couldn't been better. I hope she bounces back but I am not necessarily going to pull for her, just hoping she does what she needs to at least.

Old 07-29-2016, 06:57 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,913,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I'm with you! And by the looks of the audience in tears, many many others agree.
I repeat, Hillary Clinton is not a great speech giver but there were great moments where her personality shined through. Personally, I waited over 40 years to see this event and glad it was the Democrats that nominated a woman first!

Old 07-29-2016, 07:00 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,913,049 times
I think Bill Clinton has a hard time hearing. I have a relative with hearing aids and still has a hard time hearing. He looked like he was waiting for Chelsea to tell him certain quotes.

No, I didn't fall asleep. Maybe it's because I am a mother and I am used to listening to others without being constantly "entertained". How grown up of me.

Old 07-29-2016, 07:19 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,478,202 times
Quote:
I think Bill Clinton has a hard time hearing. I have a relative with hearing aids and still has a hard time hearing. He looked like he was waiting for Chelsea to tell him certain quotes.

No, I didn't fall asleep. Maybe it's because I am a mother and I am used to listening to others without being constantly "entertained". How grown up of me.
Non-sequitur.

The point is it's obvious to me bill was falling asleep, ie bill has a hard time staying awake listening to his wife. I find that rude/would think he'd have a little interest in his wife's big moment as he's underwhelmed to say the least.

Seems to be a common thing, ie people falling asleep when she talks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMNucQJHhBE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections