Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 07:32 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,518,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You had to show an ID to get into the recent DNC. Guess no blacks showed up and that was racist.
And they had a wall/barrier around the speakers, outside the convention facility itself, etc.....where were the bridges the party spouts so much about?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...llege-new-york

"Michelle Obama: 'In America we don't build walls to keep people out'"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...f2a_story.html

"‘Tougher, taller and stronger’ fence proposed for White House"

Anyone awake/think/paying attention anymore?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2016, 07:33 PM

15,153 posts, read 11,678,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
How is requiring one to have to show ID to vote equate to denying blacks the right to vote?

Do you think that blacks (and other minorities) are incapable of getting IDs? That's a rather bigoted assumption on your part.
Please dont feed the troll.

Old 07-29-2016, 07:36 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,910,498 times
Exclamation ID is partof our daily lives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
The attempt by North Carolina to deny blacks the right to vote based on a need for a bogus ID card program has been overturned and will no doubt now deliver NC to Hillary. Sure it will be appealed by NC but given the dynamics of the court a 4-4 split upholds the ruling. This will also set a precedent and help overturn all these bogus attempts by other Republican led States to disenfranchise blacks and minorities.

Another nail in Donald and the repubs coffin and rightly so given their shameful and bigoted motivation to deny blacks and other minorities the right to vote. Their only hope in a diversifying country is to make it difficult for those that won't vote for them to vote, and now that has been taken away from them in a resounding fashion.

Say hello to the beginning of the end for the Repubs and their broken and bigoted party.

Id is part of our daily lives and for you tell me that State Issue ID (Which is Free Usually) that any one can get. One has to have Several forms of ID to register to vote and a DL. No is franchise since Voter Laws have been scrutinize ever since GW won against Gore.

If anyone should worry is Clinton. Ms. Clinton and the DNC has done nothing to improve the Black American Lives. The DNC takes your vote and steel your money and never return the favor. We have record of Young Black unemployment (17%) and 3 K Black Americans has died in Chicago under Democratic rule (Mayor Dead Fish).

Trump wants to cross party lines and present a better future with manufacturing jobs.

Racist you own party was racist and it was documented email from Debbie Shultz's.

Old 07-29-2016, 07:40 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,156,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
Why are you so racist? You truly believe a black person is unable to obtain an ID just like everyone else? I don't understand why the left thinks so low of blacks and minorities. You really are shameful as a human being.
Wisconsin federal judges just overturned Wisconsin voter ID laws too. Reason being, because it had a discriminatory effect on blacks in Milwaukee - a group Wisconsin repubs want to keep from voting.

I'm just reporting the news but somehow that makes me racist? I suggest you look in the mirror before labeling me.

Wisconsin which was going to Hillary anyway is now a lot easier, and also you can kiss repub Senator Ron Johnson goodbye as well.

Just saying!

Old 07-29-2016, 07:53 PM

22,593 posts, read 12,168,827 times
And, yet, none of you who support this ruling can explain why it is assumed that blacks and other minorities are incapable of obtaining photo ID.

What's really going on here is that voter ID laws petrify democrats because that means illegal aliens (and yes, illegals have been caught voting) and dead people won't be able to vote.

Old 07-29-2016, 07:53 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,229,680 times
Quote:
Wisconsin federal judges just overturned Wisconsin voter ID laws too. Reason being, because it had a discriminatory effect on blacks in Milwaukee - a group Wisconsin repubs want to keep from voting.

I'm just reporting the news but somehow that makes me racist? I suggest you look in the mirror before labeling me.

Wisconsin which was going to Hillary anyway is now a lot easier, and also you can kiss repub Senator Ron Johnson goodbye as well.

Just saying!
Mirror? My wife and baby daughter are black. Somehow, her and her entire family have IDs. Amazing huh? These poor black people, can't do anything without the Democrat party holding their hands in every aspect of life. Or so you think, isn't that right racist?

Old 07-29-2016, 07:58 PM

22,593 posts, read 12,168,827 times
Here's what happens when no ID is required to vote. Good thing the reporter was honest enough to not go through with it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5p70YbRiPw

Old 07-29-2016, 08:05 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,910,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Here's what happens when no ID is required to vote. Good thing the reporter was honest enough to not go through with it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5p70YbRiPw
Exactly!

Old 07-29-2016, 08:40 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,309,775 times
I lived in Puerto Rico for a few years....Puerto Rico is a U.S. TERRITORY and are U.S. CITIZENS, the majority in the island are Puerto Ricans and they control their local elections laws and rules.

Over there you need a PICTURE I.D. exclusively for voting. Its been like this for decades. To register to vote and get that voting picture I.D. you need a birth certificate, social security card or a government I.D. or U.S. passport to verify who you are once you get it on election day all need need is to take that I.D. to your precint show it and vote and go home.

I have never heard any of the Puerto Ricans in the island protest that was a racist law and they do have black Puerto Ricans in the island.

This in the U.S. is absurd.

Old 07-29-2016, 08:43 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,154,234 times
Quote:
The attempt by North Carolina to deny blacks the right to vote based on a need for a bogus ID card program has been overturned and will no doubt now deliver NC to Hillary. Sure it will be appealed by NC but given the dynamics of the court a 4-4 split upholds the ruling. This will also set a precedent and help overturn all these bogus attempts by other Republican led States to disenfranchise blacks and minorities.

Another nail in Donald and the repubs coffin and rightly so given their shameful and bigoted motivation to deny blacks and other minorities the right to vote. Their only hope in a diversifying country is to make it difficult for those that won't vote for them to vote, and now that has been taken away from them in a resounding fashion.

Say hello to the beginning of the end for the Repubs and their broken and bigoted party.

You have to show ID for:

Alcohol
Tobacco
Lottery
Boarding a plane
Entrance into rate R movie
Driving
Getting on some trains
Boarding a plane
Getting a hotel room

And many other places or occasions

Voting for the representatives of the country?

No ID? No problem

Unbelievable what this country has become. The liberals really have destroyed this place

Smells of a civil war within a decade or two

Last edited by westcoastforme; 07-29-2016 at 09:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections