Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 07:47 PM

57,426 posts, read 26,328,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"What is the name of the three judges"

I don't know their names BUT, I DO know ALL 3 are LIBERAL DEMS APPOINTED BY BILL CLINTON.
You should really read through the court decisions rather than chanting "the liberals", a little education goes a long way.

Here's the short story, all the changes were to address nonexistent voter fraud

Your welcome.

Quote:
The North Carolina ruling tossed out the state’s requirement that voters present photo identification at the polls and restored voters’ ability to register on Election Day, to register before reaching the 18-year-old voting age, and to cast early ballots, provisions the law had fully or partly eliminated.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/30/us...sion.html?_r=0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2016, 08:01 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,805,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
The attempt by North Carolina to deny blacks the right to vote based on a need for a bogus ID card program has been overturned and will no doubt now deliver NC to Hillary. Sure it will be appealed by NC but given the dynamics of the court a 4-4 split upholds the ruling. This will also set a precedent and help overturn all these bogus attempts by other Republican led States to disenfranchise blacks and minorities.

Another nail in Donald and the repubs coffin and rightly so given their shameful and bigoted motivation to deny blacks and other minorities the right to vote. Their only hope in a diversifying country is to make it difficult for those that won't vote for them to vote, and now that has been taken away from them in a resounding fashion.

Say hello to the beginning of the end for the Repubs and their broken and bigoted party.
This whole law went into effect while we were living there. They are all sorts of angry because they have to show some form of ID at voting facilities. That's it. It's nothing against race or anything like that. Honestly I think it is absolutely absurd to not have to show an ID. That is a way to keep things on the up and up.
TN has that law for quite a while so why is this such an issue?

Old 07-31-2016, 08:30 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,662,426 times
I saw someone talking about this today one of the cable news channels. I deleted those two posts because I am too angry to be discussing this online. I wanted to ask the man a question? He stated that early voting made a big difference in the black vote which made no sense to me. We still had early voting. I think the I. D. part is what will make the biggest difference.

I heard rumors after the last presidential election of a man who when to work the day after the election and bragged to his co-workers that he had voted 6 times. It wouldn't do any good to report him because without I. D. it could not be proven. I didn't know the person who was talking and only overheard the conversation. If it is so hard for the voters to get an I. D. maybe we can start fingerprinting them and compare the fingerprints.

There is no way this ruling is fair to the people of this state who play by the rules and vote only once.

Or another way would be to set up cameras so one could view the early voting lines and see how many people are there more than one day.

There has to be a way to stop this voter fraud we all know is happening and our legislature has been denied the right to stop it. Denying voter fraud exists is not a solution. That fixes nothing and is not true.

Last edited by NCN; 07-31-2016 at 09:09 PM..

Old 07-31-2016, 08:31 PM

22,503 posts, read 12,049,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Courts are not fans of voter suppression... only RW politicians are
So...how does asking for photo ID in order to vote amount to "voter suppression"? Do tell in detail.

Old 08-02-2016, 09:22 AM

57,426 posts, read 26,328,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I saw someone talking about this today one of the cable news channels. I deleted those two posts because I am too angry to be discussing this online. I wanted to ask the man a question? He stated that early voting made a big difference in the black vote which made no sense to me. We still had early voting. I think the I. D. part is what will make the biggest difference.

I heard rumors after the last presidential election of a man who when to work the day after the election and bragged to his co-workers that he had voted 6 times. It wouldn't do any good to report him because without I. D. it could not be proven. I didn't know the person who was talking and only overheard the conversation. If it is so hard for the voters to get an I. D. maybe we can start fingerprinting them and compare the fingerprints.

There is no way this ruling is fair to the people of this state who play by the rules and vote only once.

Or another way would be to set up cameras so one could view the early voting lines and see how many people are there more than one day.

There has to be a way to stop this voter fraud we all know is happening and our legislature has been denied the right to stop it. Denying voter fraud exists is not a solution. That fixes nothing and is not true.
How do you know voter fraud is happening, based on a thorough investigation or just guessing.

The election boards disagree with you. Do you honestly believe that NC was focused on voter fraud, they implemented these rule changes right after that had the demographics in hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections