Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 06:56 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,156,559 times

Advertisements

The attempt by North Carolina to deny blacks the right to vote based on a need for a bogus ID card program has been overturned and will no doubt now deliver NC to Hillary. Sure it will be appealed by NC but given the dynamics of the court a 4-4 split upholds the ruling. This will also set a precedent and help overturn all these bogus attempts by other Republican led States to disenfranchise blacks and minorities.

Another nail in Donald and the repubs coffin and rightly so given their shameful and bigoted motivation to deny blacks and other minorities the right to vote. Their only hope in a diversifying country is to make it difficult for those that won't vote for them to vote, and now that has been taken away from them in a resounding fashion.

Say hello to the beginning of the end for the Repubs and their broken and bigoted party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2016, 06:59 PM

22,586 posts, read 12,158,839 times
How is requiring one to have to show ID to vote equate to denying blacks the right to vote?

Do you think that blacks (and other minorities) are incapable of getting IDs? That's a rather bigoted assumption on your part.

Old 07-29-2016, 07:01 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,229,299 times
Why are you so racist? You truly believe a black person is unable to obtain an ID just like everyone else? I don't understand why the left thinks so low of blacks and minorities. You really are shameful as a human being.

Old 07-29-2016, 07:02 PM

391 posts, read 292,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
How is requiring one to have to show ID to vote equate to denying blacks the right to vote?

Do you think that blacks (and other minorities) are incapable of getting IDs? That's a rather bigoted assumption on your part.
Might be good to read about the law before making statements... lot more to the law than just IDs...

Old 07-29-2016, 07:03 PM

15,687 posts, read 10,486,889 times
Mexico and Canada require voter ID.

Old 07-29-2016, 07:10 PM

27,811 posts, read 16,324,812 times
Wow, nice opinion of blacks do ya?

Old 07-29-2016, 07:13 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,156,559 times
Quote:

The appeals court ruled it had a discriminatory effect so I figure the judges that ruled on this have more knowledge than you or I, and I'm with them. Bottom line is the conservative NC Governor overplayed their hand in putting a solution in place that didn't have a problem.

It's the bathroom bill on steroids which was also unnecessary and has now cost NC hundreds of millions of dollars, a loss of jobs and just recently the NBA All Star game, and it $100,000,000 impact to the local economy

Keep it up Repubs as it will just continue to marginalize and ultimately destroy your small minded and bigoted party.

Can't wait!

Old 07-29-2016, 07:23 PM

22,586 posts, read 12,158,839 times
Court strikes down North Carolina voter ID law - POLITICO

From the article:

The three judges assigned to the case — all Democratic appointees

^^^^That says it all. No bias there, right?

-----------------------

US 4th Circuit overturns NC voter ID law | News & Observer

From the article:

Federal appellate judges on Friday struck down a 2013 law limiting voting options and requiring voters to show photo ID at the polls, declaring in an unsparing opinion that the restrictions “target African Americans with almost surgical precision.”

^^^^ So...the assumption is that blacks and other minorities are incapable of obtaining photo ID? That's insulting and bigoted.

---------------------------------------

I live in VA and we have to show photo ID to vote.

Photo ID Required | Virginia Department of Elections

So...why is having to show photo ID in NC all of a sudden considered to be "targeting African-Americans [and other minorities] with surgical precision"?

I'm half Hispanic and would find it insulting that anyone would assume because of my ethnicity that I didn't have any photo ID. Also, my 91 year old father and his 88 year old sister would also find it insulting.

Old 07-29-2016, 07:27 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,512,524 times
Quote:
Court strikes down North Carolina voter ID law - POLITICO

From the article:

The three judges assigned to the case — all Democratic appointees

^^^^That says it all. No bias there, right?

-----------------------

US 4th Circuit overturns NC voter ID law | News & Observer

From the article:

Federal appellate judges on Friday struck down a 2013 law limiting voting options and requiring voters to show photo ID at the polls, declaring in an unsparing opinion that the restrictions “target African Americans with almost surgical precision.”

^^^^ So...the assumption is that blacks and other minorities are incapable of obtaining photo ID? That's insulting and bigoted.

---------------------------------------

I live in VA and we have to show photo ID to vote.

Photo ID Required | Virginia Department of Elections

So...why is having to show photo ID in NC all of a sudden considered to be "targeting African-Americans [and other minorities] with surgical precision"?
Seems to me to be all about throwing a smoke screen up to make it easy to get the millions of illegal aliens to vote. And I wonder what party they'd overwhelmingly vote for?

No voting ID required. No borders. Santuary cities who just state "we won't follow federal law" and it's all looked at with a yawn. I wonder what's next.....no jails/let the criminals run free because incarcerating people who commit crimes will be now proven to be racist or something/be against the criminals "rights"?

Last edited by stevek64; 07-29-2016 at 07:40 PM..

Old 07-29-2016, 07:30 PM

41,010 posts, read 49,486,214 times
You had to show an ID to get into the recent DNC. Guess no blacks showed up and that was racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections