Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 02:58 PM

1,553 posts, read 931,717 times

Advertisements

ALL bookmakers tracked by oddschecker.com currently show Hilly as an ODDS-ON favorite to beat the reckless CON MAN...

2016 Presidential Election Odds | Next US President | Oddschecker

The REAL (not to mention smart) MONEY is on Hilly...

CLINTON - KAINE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2016, 03:12 PM

17,604 posts, read 9,390,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Junkie View Post
ALL bookmakers tracked by oddschecker.com currently show Hilly as an ODDS-ON favorite to beat the reckless CON MAN...

2016 Presidential Election Odds | Next US President | Oddschecker

The REAL (not to mention smart) MONEY is on Hilly...

CLINTON - KAINE
The oddsmakers predicted Remain in the Brexit Vote by 76-80%
Turned out they got it wrong. I guess the "smart money" went on Exit, but some poor woman placed a 100,000 pound bet (her first ever) on Remain. "Smart Money" figures out what people are thinking, not what pundits and the Political Elite are wishing for.

Old 07-30-2016, 03:44 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,934,803 times
LA Times saying Clinton got a negative bounce from the convention. Her tactics of lies caught up with her. She is finished..

Old 07-30-2016, 04:10 PM

4,119 posts, read 6,641,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
LA Times saying Clinton got a negative bounce from the convention. Her tactics of lies caught up with her. She is finished..
It's an internet poll and is basically worthless. I think 16 is too high for Clilnton, 8 is probably going to be where she leads after the convention.

Cue the fat girl.

Old 07-30-2016, 04:15 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,746,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpshooterTom View Post
Clinton 46
Trump 31
Johnson 7
Stein 2

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/polls/raba-research-25020

Previous poll after the RNC had Clinton up by 5, so this is a significant bounce. However most other polls had Trump leading or at least tied last week, so probably a democrat-leaning bias to this pollster.

And I still don't know why people are obsessed with bounces if they just disappear in 2 weeks. Nevertheless she has gotten a nice bounce here which will undoubtedly propel her back into lead once again as we enter august.
not true, just more made up lies.

Old 07-30-2016, 08:26 PM

1,988 posts, read 2,237,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
No it isn't. You clearly don't understand the LA Times tracking poll.

Old 07-30-2016, 08:43 PM

29,253 posts, read 22,556,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The oddsmakers predicted Remain in the Brexit Vote by 76-80%
Turned out they got it wrong. I guess the "smart money" went on Exit, but some poor woman placed a 100,000 pound bet (her first ever) on Remain. "Smart Money" figures out what people are thinking, not what pundits and the Political Elite are wishing for.
But this is not England and we aren't voting on leaving an economic community.

I see no valid comparisons between the odds on our election and Brexit. There are none.

I've believed for months that there will only be about a 5-6 point spread between the winner and loser, but I'm beginning to think it will be wider.

Trump's way of attacking the messenger has gotten him into real trouble this week, and Trump always doubles down on his mistakes. He went from attacking the father of a dead American soldier to the mother, who was so emotional she was afraid to speak for fear of breaking down on national TV.

Then, he followed up by praising Putin, who has been increasingly aggressive ever since the Ukraine invasion, stirring up old memories of the villains of the Cold War. Not a good idea at all to go with the wrong guy in these emotional times.

That's Trump. He picks the wrong target to go after, and then makes it all worse when he persists. That worked in the primaries, when he was posing himself as a completely different alternative to all the other Republicans, but it's already backfiring on him now. With no leadership support from his party, he's running blind, with no political expertise to guide him or hold him up when he stumbles.

His inability to keep his mouth shut and stop going on the defensive at the smallest perceived slight is the real wild card in the odds making now. He can't keep going after the common man if he wants to win. And he can't keep attacking the superficials of the moment either, if he wants to win.

That he is oblivious to this is going to be a real factor by November, as the insults pile up. Common people don't forget insults to others who are just like them, especially in such an emotionally charged election year.

His base support won't carry him to the White House. He has to win over more voters, in his own party and in the Democratic party. If he stays on his present course, one relatively minor mistake coming late could well sink him, as he already has rocks in all his pockets.

Considering all this, I think Trump could lose by 15-25 points.

If he somehow finds the ability to hold himself in check from August onward, the election could be much closer, as everyone has predicted for a long time. 5 points or less.

Old 07-30-2016, 08:48 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,419,867 times
This is obviously very good news for humanity, but I'm still wondering WHO THE HELL ARE THESE TRUMP VOTERS?

I have yet to meet one in person. Who are they? Who the hell seriously thinks Trump is a sober, cerebral, thoughtful person who carefully, deliberately thinks through positions? Who HONESTLY wants this carnival clown to assume the most powerful position on the planet, with the keys to nuclear annihilation?

Trump isn't a Republican. Not even close. I don't know any Republicans voting for him. They've all said they're sitting this one out or voting for the Liberterian Gary Johnson. He sure as hell isn't a Democrat. Independents have no reason to vote for him, as he hasn't shown a "third way", he's shown absolutely nothing. And his vile demeanor would be unbecoming of a six-year-old. I don't get it.

His response to the Democrat convention: "I would like to punch Bloomberg in the mouth." His response to a dead war hero- "His Mom is repressed". His response to a prisoner of war and American hero- "I only like people who weren't captured". His references to penis size, his bizarre public pronouncements, his inability to respond to any discussion without bullying and idiotic tweets. Um, seriously??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections