Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 10:48 PM

1,950 posts, read 3,528,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
In order for a man to become a dictator the military and a large part of the population must support it.
No doubt, and it is baffling and frightening that this guy is now the nominee of a major political party. This is why we can't be silent. This election is important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2016, 10:51 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvpix1212 View Post
But honestly he is strating to scare the hell out of me.
The thing is he is starting to behave more and more like putin and I think that his ultimate goal is becoming an Anerican version of putin.

The great thing about the USA is that, the people always came first and not the government or the president.
Or to use the great Thomas Jefferson's words :
"When the people are afraid of the government ( like in Russia or China or North Korea or Turkey ) there is dictatorship , when the government is afraid of the people ( and I add, as should be the case ) there is freedom ".
Bingo... we have a winner.

Welcome to the light.

I don't like Hillary, but Trump's strange behavior and pathological inability not to go for the pettiest of attacks on everyone around him at the slightest hint of his feathers ruffled is an indicator that the guy harbors some unique psychological problems. And I mean that very, very seriously.

You think this guy is going to defend the rights of his opponents to free press and freedom of expression? Don't bet on it...

Old 07-30-2016, 10:56 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,343,474 times
You should be damn scared.

Forget Democrat, Republican or Independent. Just listen to his words. You want that man with the most powerful position on earth?

I have a kid. I DO NOT want my kid growing up in a world where Trump is in charge. Holy crap, that would be scary.

And I don't even like Hillary. If you don't want to vote, then don't, if you want third party, fine, but PLEASE don't vote for Trump if you have any functioning brain matter. Seriously.

Old 07-30-2016, 10:58 PM

593 posts, read 1,378,518 times
Even Mark Cuban came out against that dude.

Hows he going to win if he backs out of debates and has no money or financial support? Members of his own party giving him the throat slash? Sad year for the republicans.

Old 07-30-2016, 11:19 PM

27 posts, read 22,738 times
It will become a scary world if Trump becomes president. He will start wars and set off nukes.

I keep seeing people post that. I would like to hear someone explain their thinking behind saying that.

Do you think the other two branches of government, senate and congress will just poof pow be gone once he is elected.

Voters are suppose to keep their elected officials in check. With exception i suppose. Because the same people touting

gloom and doom over Trump are staying silent on all of Hillary's scandals of which she has not been held accountable for.

She's not even in office yet. I have no doubt anytime someone tries to challenge her on a policy issue it will be because of

gender bias not because they simply disagree with her.

If her record is so pro-american then this should be an easy choice for us all right. So educate me. With over 20 years

in and around government what has she done for americans who are struggling to keep house over their head

and food on the table. Who was that supporting TPP?? Who had illegal immigrants helping at DNC convention last week.

Yes I said it. I hate to point out the obvious, but it is not racists to demand government enforce immigration laws.

If you have a problem with that give me your ssn number so i can steal your identity, ruin your credit probably kill one or

of your closest family members. Maybe if you have a personal experience with the affect of illegal immigration you may

change your tune.

Old 07-30-2016, 11:29 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,343,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serino78 View Post
It will become a scary world if Trump becomes president. He will start wars and set off nukes.

I keep seeing people post that. I would like to hear someone explain their thinking behind saying that.

Do you think the other two branches of government, senate and congress will just poof pow be gone once he is elected.
It could definitely happen. You don't need the other two branches of govt. to start wars. You could nuke another country without seeking approval of Congress or Supreme Court.

And it already happened MANY times, throughout history. Germany, Italy, Spain, Russia, all had strongmen elected to office under a "democracy" and in all cases these strongmen became brutal dictators, despite solid systems of checks and balances.

Old 07-31-2016, 02:58 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
At the beginning I supported Trump, now I'm scared of him
Not buying it for a second.

Old 07-31-2016, 03:25 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,938,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
He was NOT JOKING. There was no laughter.

"And the reason they won’t let them in is because they don’t know what the hell they’re doing,” Trump continued. “Hey, maybe they’re a Hillary person. Could that be possible? Probably. I don’t think there are too many of them.”

“Then you wonder why we’re going to hell,” he said. “That’s why we’re going to hell.”

Trump blasts fire marshal for capping rally attendance | TheHill
Obvious humor to all but the paranoid. PTDS - Paranoid Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Old 07-31-2016, 03:28 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,938,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
This statement proves your OP was all BS, you never supported Trump. Completely phony..
Bingo. Knew it was a troll thread.

Old 07-31-2016, 04:30 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,846,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Bankruptcies are sometimes necessary and a smart business decision. Your statement shows your complete lack of knowledge about how big business operates. You are just repeating BS you have heard others say with no understanding behind your statements
Open mouth, insert foot...
"Open mouth, insert foot." The motto of Mr. Trump. When he loses the election, he should take his life and businesses to Russia; since he seems to adore Putin. I am so tired of all the hate and venom that comes spewing out of the mouth of Trump.

He has proven time and again what a bully and bigot he is; being a bully does not mean he has strength and character; it just shows that he has no empathy or feelings for anyone but himself.

Last edited by mollygee; 07-31-2016 at 05:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections