Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 11:52 AM

21,992 posts, read 15,793,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by west seattle gal View Post
For anyone who missed the DNC and doesn't understand what the party is about or truly know much about Hillary Clinton, please go online and watch the speeches. Make an informed choice, don't just make decisions from media soundbites. Look at the issues and really examine the people involved in each party and wanting to represent us. I honestly don't understand why any thinking person would choose to vote for Trump, for he would destroy this country. Hillary is actually an amazing person who has been crucified by her opponents since she was a first lady. Please watch the DNC, compare it with the RNC, and then consider your choices. All of it is now on youtube.
Completely agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2016, 11:53 AM

30,982 posts, read 19,573,688 times
Trump hasn't changed so I'm confused why OP supported him and now doesn't. I never supported Trump in the primaries and don't like how he treats some people but sorry never Hillary.

Old 07-30-2016, 11:54 AM

8,792 posts, read 8,214,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvpix1212 View Post
Hello everyone.
I would like to share my view on Trump.

At first I honestly supported him.
He seemed to bring something new to the world of American politics.
And not your run - of - the mill politician like Jeb Bush for instance.
And he was unshamefuly unpolitically correct.

But honestly he is strating to scare the hell out of me.
The thing is he is starting to behave more and more like putin and I think that his ultimate goal is becoming an Anerican version of putin.

The great thing about the USA is that, the people always came first and not the government or the president.
Or to use the great Thomas Jefferson's words :
"When the people are afraid of the government ( like in Russia or China or North Korea or Turkey ) there is dictatorship , when the government is afraid of the people ( and I add, as should be the case ) there is freedom ".
Congratulations, you have a brain - and are using it... Unfortunately you are just one who has realized that the swagger of the strongman may SEEM attractive, but is more harmful in the long run than it is beneficial.

The US and the world in general - over the last century has fought against strongmen because they are hazards to all human life.

Mao, Noriega, Kim Jong-il and his dipsht son Kim Jong-un, Stalin, Putin, Peron, Shevardnadze, Hitler, Milošević, Saddam Hussein, Pol Pot, Gaddafi... People who were "elected" because they were strong... So strong that they had to be removed from office with crowbars and bullets or they finally had the common decency to just die.

The right claims to hate people like Obama because he "violates the constitution" then they say they admire asses like Trump who can't understand the constitution and jackals like Putin who don't care about constitutions.

The world has spent a great amount of effort, capital, and soldiers lives to get rid of world strongmen and now these fools on the lunatic-right want to create one of our own. The funny part is that Trump really isn't "Strong" at all, but like a lot of Strongmen - he is certifiable. His election would be idiotic to say the least.

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 07-30-2016 at 12:21 PM..

Old 07-30-2016, 11:59 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,757,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by west seattle gal View Post
For anyone who missed the DNC and doesn't understand what the party is about or truly know much about Hillary Clinton, please go online and watch the speeches. Make an informed choice, don't just make decisions from media soundbites. Look at the issues and really examine the people involved in each party and wanting to represent us. I honestly don't understand why any thinking person would choose to vote for Trump, for he would destroy this country. Hillary is actually an amazing person who has been crucified by her opponents since she was a first lady. Please watch the DNC, compare it with the RNC, and then consider your choices. All of it is now on youtube.

I watched the DNC. I was flabbergasted by their absolute detachment from reality. People only voted for Obama because he was half black. Now they wanna vote for Hilary solely on the basis of her vagina. Hilary has proved time and time again that she's a liar and can't be trusted.

Old 07-30-2016, 12:01 PM

16,250 posts, read 10,943,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
He was NOT JOKING. There was no laughter.

"And the reason they won’t let them in is because they don’t know what the hell they’re doing,†Trump continued. “Hey, maybe they’re a Hillary person. Could that be possible? Probably. I don’t think there are too many of them.â€

Okay...we have a trained and authorized official, a Fire Marshal, doing his job and Trump claims he doesn't know what he is doing. Trump, of course has no concept of the job. Had Trump and his people been doing their job they would have arranged for a larger venue. So then he reverts back to his paranoid defense...they are Hillary supporters out to get him. And confirms that thought to himself so it must be true (a mental issue).

“Then you wonder why we’re going to hell,†he said. “That’s why we’re going to hell.â€

If Donald thinks we are going "to hell", and he can fix it, we probably need to steer clear of him.

His instability is most troublesome. As he delegates the usual government operations to Pence (as he proposes), he is still going to be Commander in Chief as per the constitution. With his instability, and willingness to strike out at anyone and everyone based on his mood or paranoia and perceived wrong, our military will be in a bind. Will they have to decide if he's joking or not? Is there a point where they decide he's too unstable? Do they go to Pence? At what point does the 25th Amendment come into play?

Old 07-30-2016, 12:02 PM

15,170 posts, read 12,343,417 times
Quote:
Hello everyone.

The thing is he is starting to behave more and more like putin and I think that his ultimate goal is becoming an Anerican version of putin.

The great thing about the USA is that, the people always came first and not the government or the president.
"When the people are afraid of the government ( like in Russia or China or North Korea or Turkey ) there is dictatorship , when the government is afraid of the people ( and I add, as should be the case ) there is freedom ".
A few more sips of that liberal koolaid, you'll be completely convinced... I don't say that because of your doubts about Donald Trump because they are understandable, but IMO its a mistake to buy into the left wing liberal Democrat version of the guy, built on unfounded accusations, twisted half truths, wild speculation and downright fabrications. Their aim is to destroy the guy as a threat to their own personal ambitions and furthering of their agendas. They don't care how they do it.

Sadly, the people, their wishes or their well-being in this great country of ours have taken a distant back seat to the ambitions and self-interests of the politicians and those who court those politicians for a long time now. The wild popularity of the nonestablishment candidates (Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders) in this election cycle attests to the immense frustration of the populace with the current state of things, and their losing ground as establishment politicians disregard completely anything of the "will of the people" that doesn't go along with their own self-interests.

I admit Donald Trump as president is an unknown entity as president, and his crass manner of speaking, as well as his often apparently speaking before he thinks can be offputting, but just for my own thinking I have to look at what he has accomplished, what others who know him well say about him as a person, and his apparent willingness and history of taking the counsel of others more knowledgeable and whose expertise lies in areas in which he is inexperienced. I also hopemtomfind out more about the guy from sources that are as unbiased as possible-certainly not from liberal media sources in bed with the establishment and Democrat party. I can't accept the "devil we know" in Hillary Clinton as better than the uncertainty of Donald Trump as president, as she has a very long history of using her political positions for personal gains, to the detriment of the American people, and I am not stupid enough to not think she wouldn't do the same in the WH.

Old 07-30-2016, 12:02 PM

3,493 posts, read 3,230,540 times
You're afraid of Trump, but not afraid of crazy moslems? My only fear regarding Trump is that what he plans to do is either just talk [I tend to doubt that] or he will be stopped in his efforts by a bunch of vote garnering politicians who couldn't care less about anything except votes and bribes [likely].

Old 07-30-2016, 12:04 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,742,196 times
Quote:
Hello everyone.

in what usa do people come first? when's the last time the president put the people first?

Old 07-30-2016, 12:09 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,459,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
The people always came first? The people will never come first when the State is an institution of aggression upon the individual. The State has always been about one group imposing its will upon another group with violence, aggression, and coercion. The "people" are nothing but victims and slaves of the State.

You are not afraid of the State? I am afraid of people who do not fear the State
I don't know if I'd go as far as saying I fear people who don't fear the state.

The State itself and those that actively support the State (voters, those who use the government to use force against their neighbor, etc) are the ones to fear. They have no respect for the non-aggression principle. It is impossible to reason or coexist with someone or an entity that believes it has the right to initiate force on you.

Old 07-30-2016, 12:10 PM

15,170 posts, read 12,343,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker501 View Post
Oh geez
He was joking because he wanted to let more of his supporters into the room. He was laughing when he said it.

How is it normal for mainstream media and Hillary supporters to be so paranoid of everything.
And to twist, embellish on any comments the guy makes, no matter how offhand, into a weapon in their attempts at character assassination of their political opponent. So predictable, and ridiculous. They do it to everyone they regard as a political opponent, or who does not march in lockstep with their political perspectives. Shoot, if Mother Teresa were running as a GOP candidate, they'd do the same to her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections