Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 02:08 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,246,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Her husband had affairs and she defended her future is the real truth of the matter.
Is that supposed to be a bad thing? So, you don't want people to defend their future?

Isn't "defending our future" the theme of this campaign??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 02:14 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,971,859 times
The Hillary that I know is the BEST change maker ever and has devoted her life to making positive changes in the lives of children, families, elderly and the disabled. I love her. We need her.

Old 08-01-2016, 02:18 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,286,221 times
There is almost nothing we do not already know about Hillary. Her opponent on the other hand is hiding a lot (through confidentiality agreements he insists on) and in his income tax returns.

Old 08-01-2016, 02:23 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,353,547 times
If we have to endure the election of a superficial and manipulative schemer like Ms. Clinton -- we can at least look forward to the scrutiny she will face from her opposition if that comes to pass.

Get ready for a barbecue that will make Watergate look like a maypole dance.

Old 08-01-2016, 02:25 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,246,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
If we have to endure the election of a superficial and manipulative schemer like Ms. Clinton -- we can at least look forward to the scrutiny she will face from her opposition if that comes to pass.

Get ready for a barbecue that will make Watergate look like a maypole dance.

You do realize she's been enduring that for over two decades? Mostly from the Right and mostly with lies?

Old 08-01-2016, 09:25 PM

17,608 posts, read 13,397,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

Another, "oops, I had no idea", yeah, we are wise to that Clintons!

Do the Clinton's never ask what the proper procedure is for anything? Obviously not. They are either dumb or thieves. It is obvious that they did it hoping they would get away with it. Thieves!
They never know anything.

It's always someone else's fault.

They were broke.

They never did anything.

She will continue this crap if elected.

Old 08-01-2016, 09:40 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,374,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
They never know anything.

It's always someone else's fault.

They were broke.

They never did anything.

She will continue this crap if elected.
Right Wing Nonsese.

There was no procedure. The First Lady followed the protocol.

The wrong here is the RWNs. Who will claim whatever she did was wrong.

Old 08-01-2016, 10:49 PM

981 posts, read 901,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
so far there is one legitimate charge that can be raised against Clinton. She used a personal server for her SofS duties. That was dumb. And I do not believe Clinton the guilty one on that issue. But it was a failure of her staff. However the selection of a staff insufficient to properly guide and direct Clinton was Clinton's fault. She had too many yes people and not enough skilled operatives keeping the office in proper trim...and that is Clinton's big failure.

Against a competent opponent one might give Clinton's shortcoming enough weight to sway your vote. Unfortunately she does not have a competent opponent. So you go with the flawed against the unthinkable.

The other garbage is RW fantasy. No substance. All similar to the furniture.
It was more than dumb, it was a deliberate strategy to keep certain communications off the .gov radar (and that includes Obama) and future exposure under the FOIA. Since we dont yet have all the deleted emails to completely prove this, if I were a betting woman I would say it had to do with the Clinton Foundation & Sidney Blumenthal with the trigger for the home brew server and personal Blackberry setup being Obama's rejection of Blumenthal as part of HRC's State Dept. staff. Maybe her staff came up with the technologically idiotic suggestion of a home brew server and personal Blackberry, but that incredibly dumb advice would have been at her direction to find a way to communicate outside the standard .gov network. With her charter as SoS to protect Americans broad and guide the President in foreign affairs and the training she would have had on day 1 of that job on how to protect the state secrets that go along with that position, there is just no way she would have agreed to this approach unless she wanted a "private" communication network to begin with.

Can you just imagine that morning team meeting?

HRC Staffer: Hey Hill, remember how you said you were afraid that the details of Chelsea's wedding, ole time family recipes, and your favorite yoga poses might become public and what a hassle it is to have more than one email account and phone? Well, I'm dating this guy right now who does something in I/T and he said it is super simple to set up a home email server AND you can just get a Blackberry over at Best Buy.

HRC: Hmmmm, it sounds like a great idea as having two email accounts (not to mention two phones!) is SUCH A HASSLE, but do you think it would conflict with that security training to protect state secrets that I had to sign off on Day 1 of my job as SoS? And gosh, how would I back up all those emails with those precious family recipes - I can't lose those!!

HRC Staffer: No Worries Hill! He said you can back it up by using the new technology thingee called The Cloud for as little as $99 / month, and they will even provide Norton Anti-Virus for free on your Server!!! Heck, you can probably even expense it as a home office expense!!

HRC: It sure does sound handy, but I really need to think about this, I am protecting State Secrets after all. But do you think Obama might catch me? Aw heck, why not!?! Don't want it to get leaked to the tabloids that my favorite yoga position is downward facing dog!

HRC Staffer: No, Obama won't catch you! And don't you remember there is no Inspector General in place, and Obama has more important things to worry about like where his next golf game is scheduled! While the cat's away the mice will play!!!

HRC: OK, let's do it - I don't think anyone would really mind anyway. And why worry about my server being hacked, I mean seriously who is hacked anyway?!? It's not like I'm a target - I'm not one of those stupid people that uses a credit card over the internet or anything!

ONE WEEK LATER....

HRC Staffer: Hi Hill!! I can't believe how easy it was to get that server setup with that fancy cloud backup thingee. Just one more thing I need to finish. You know how your email has that @whatever.com at the end? Guess what?!? We even get to choose our own name for that! What do you think about @CLINTONEMAIL.COM?

HRC: Oh HRC Staffer, that is PERFECT - let's go with that. That way everyone will know that is MY EMAIL and heck I might even be able to remember my own email address! Says to herself, these young kids today, so good with the technology....

OK, now it is time to go back to my regularly scheduled fairy tale...

Old 08-02-2016, 06:59 AM

25,978 posts, read 22,169,754 times
Well, since I have noticed, I'm guessing many others have noticed that those that follow the trail of breadcrumbs that Hillary leaves for them (to the free stuff) refuse to hear the truth, just like their candidate. The only other option is that they see themselves reflected in their candidate, and we don't want to believe that about anyone other than Hillary herself, but it could be true.

Old 08-02-2016, 08:44 AM

1,682 posts, read 3,303,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Well, since I have noticed, I'm guessing many others have noticed that those that follow the trail of breadcrumbs that Hillary leaves for them (to the free stuff) refuse to hear the truth, just like their candidate. The only other option is that they see themselves reflected in their candidate, and we don't want to believe that about anyone other than Hillary herself, but it could be true.
Or the other people see that the other candidate is unpredictable, and are voting for the safe choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections