Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2016, 09:23 PM

19,718 posts, read 16,958,317 times

Advertisements

I'd rather that they take the war to the people who are against us than let it come to our shores. Trumpanzies blame Obama for being too weak, now Hillary for being too strong. Which way do you want it?

I think what has happened here is that people on Trump's side have painted themselves into a corner. People HATE to admit they were mistaken or wrong, and his supporters may say one thing today, but when they really have to pull that lever I hope and pray they are smarter than they are acting right now.

I still have faith in Americans.

Don

Old 07-30-2016, 09:31 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,799,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think Tall Traveler's point is that Hillary Clinton is a war hawk. A vote for her is a vote for war. She doesn't have the supports in the military, there is a reason why.
Even if that's true, it doesn't excuse Trump's comments. Trump could have expressed sympathy for the Khans and made that same point, but he didn't. He made it personal, like he always does.

He does not have the temperament to be president.

4,710 posts, read 3,499,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I'd rather that they take the war to the people who are against us than let it come to our shores. Trumpanzies blame Obama for being too weak, now Hillary for being too strong. Which way do you want it?

I think what has happened here is that people on Trump's side have painted themselves into a corner. People HATE to admit they were mistaken or wrong, and his supporters may say one thing today, but when they really have to pull that lever I hope and pray they are smarter than they are acting right now.

I still have faith in Americans.

Don

39,502 posts, read 27,878,526 times
So sad .....

Old 07-30-2016, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Even if that's true, it doesn't excuse Trump's comments. Trump could have expressed sympathy for the Khans and made that same point, but he didn't. He made it personal, like he always does.

He does not have the temperament to be president.
I agree with you. Obviously you didn't read my other posts in this thread. Just because you don't like Trump, doesn't mean Clinton is the only other option either.

Too bad a lot of people just want to pick one over the other. Why do they do that? There is third party.

Gary Johnson is a safe choice for the country. Why not giving him a chance?

Old 07-30-2016, 09:33 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,467,000 times
Thanks to this thread I was able to put a few more Trump drones on my ignore list.

Thank you all for the heads up.

Old 07-30-2016, 09:36 PM

Quote:
I agree with you. Obviously you didn't read my other posts in this thread.
I did read your comments and appreciated them. Didn't mean to fight with you--just pointing out that no matter what Hillary has ever done or not done, Trump's comments were horrible.

Old 07-30-2016, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I did read your comments and appreciated them. Didn't mean to fight with you--just pointing out that no matter what Hillary has ever done or not done, Trump's comments were horrible.
They were horrible.

I have to be honest, I've never thought there were brave Muslim soldiers in the military. My friends are all from the Marine Corps, I have asked them if there were any Muslims combat Marines. They said there were pogs.

Captain Khan sounded like one heck of a soldier. My heart broke for his family.

Old 07-30-2016, 09:40 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,759,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Why is Donald Trump totally incapable of shutting the hell up? I have no pity for his campaign manager because he knew what he was signing up for, but blurbs like this have to drive him crazy.

Donald Trump to Father of Fallen Soldier: 'I
When are these trump supporters (more like fans of a t.v. celebrity) going to acknowledge and admit that trump is a mean spirited, hateful, nasty-a**, vile provocateur?!!!
I can only assume that his supporters are equally as vile. What other possibility is there at this point? My God.
What the h*** is going on?
Is this like a friggin football game to his fans or something? It's unbelievable.
Are the trump supporters getting off on this like trump is? And he is getting off on it. God i wish his home were bugged so that people would finally see what he's doing!!!

A woman from Canada said the other day that Canadians are always watching what goes on down here but now they can't take their eyes off this spectacle. Is that what this is about? that trump and his fans are engaged in some weird show and grooving on the fact that everyone is watching and can't look away because it's so negatively shocking? .... that his supporters are just an extension of his own narcissism and desperate need for attention? .... that they want to live vicariously through this guy?

I'm not a big fan of H.C. but she's just a typical politician who may or may not be a good or great president.
She has some issues but she is not insane. And she's not filled with this vile and nasty energy. She's just a tough woman who isn't particularly likeable to the public at large. And i think, given the fact that Sanders has transformed her campaign, she may very well surprise people and actually be a great president. I don't know. God forbid anything really heinous is revealed about her between now and the election that will give trump the presidency.

Regardless, anyone who thinks that, at this point, trump is fit to be president is equally as insane as he is.

And there's nothing that could come out about H.C. that would make her anywhere near as bad as he.
The guy isn't right in the head. Seriously!

And he said that he could shoot someone and people would still vote for him. Doesn't that tell y'all something?

So you trump supporters are either really stupid, quite delusional or you're really liking this show and really drooling at the prospect of trump becoming president and throwing this country into a really chaotic state and effecting the world in very negative way.

Man, you think Obama had a difficult time getting things done?! If trump were to become president, it'll be so much worse in that regard. And so much energy will be spent .... wasted!!! .... by so many people because of him. He's a parasite sucking the energy from so many people and he's giving nothing back and that's not going to change. He is a parasite! Truly. He's feeding off this. It's really creepy. Bad man. Very bad man.

I suspect that many people feel themselves to be so powerless and that they're so frustrated in their inability to create positive change that chaos and destruction is their only alternative.

And for those trump supporters who aren't delusional and aren't stupid and don't like this show, get smart about this guy. Be willing to be wrong about him. If he's elected there will be, at best, 4 wasted years with no creative change, unbelievable divisiveness and negativity. No wall will be built. None of the b.s. will come to pass. He's a big mouthed bully manipulating millions of people who, for whatever reasons, either can't see this guy with any objectivity or are as vile as he. It's incredibly cynical.

Old 07-30-2016, 09:45 PM

Quote:
I agree with you. Obviously you didn't read my other posts in this thread. Just because you don't like Trump, doesn't mean Clinton is the only other option either.

Too bad a lot of people just want to pick one over the other. Why do they do that? There is third party.

Gary Johnson is a safe choice for the country. Why not giving him a chance?
Because in this election, either Trump or Hillary will win and taking a chance that Trump will win is too dangerous. I voted for Ralph Nader in 2000. I shrugged when Bush won, figuring it wouldn't be too bad. Bush WAS bad but compared to Trump he looks like a seasoned statesman.

No matter what happens this election it seems likely that next election we'll have at least 3 major candidates. Lots of things changed this cycle and the country is clearly ready for new ideas and energy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections