Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2016, 09:46 PM

13,681 posts, read 10,079,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskywalker View Post
When are these trump supporters (more like fans of a t.v. celebrity) going to acknowledge and admit that trump is a mean spirited, hateful, nasty-a**, vile provocateur?!!!
I can only assume that his supporters are equally as vile. What other possibility is there at this point? My God.
What the h*** is going on?
Is this like a friggin football game to his fans or something? It's unbelievable.
Are the trump supporters getting off on this like trump is? And he is getting off on it. God i wish his home were bugged so that people would finally see what he's doing!!!

A woman from Canada said the other day that Canadians are always watching what goes on down here but now they can't take their eyes off this spectacle. Is that what this is about? that trump and his fans are engaged in some weird show and grooving on the fact that everyone is watching and can't look away because it's so negatively shocking? .... that his supporters are just an extension of his own narcissism and desperate need for attention? .... that they want to live vicariously through this guy?

I'm not a big fan of H.C. but she's just a typical politician who may or may not be a good or great president.
She has some issues but she is not insane. And she's not filled with this vile and nasty energy. She's just a tough woman who isn't particularly likeable to the public at large. And i think, given the fact that Sanders has transformed her campaign, she may very well surprise people and actually be a great president. I don't know. God forbid anything really heinous is revealed about her between now and the election that will give trump the presidency.

Regardless, anyone who thinks that, at this point, trump is fit to be president is equally as insane as he is.

And there's nothing that could come out about H.C. that would make her anywhere near as bad as he.
The guy isn't right in the head. Seriously!

And he said that he could shoot someone and people would still vote for him. Doesn't that tell y'all something?

So you trump supporters are either really stupid, quite delusional or you're really liking this show and really drooling at the prospect of trump becoming president and throwing this country into a really chaotic state and effecting the world in very negative way.

Man, you think Obama had a difficult time getting things done?! If trump were to become president, it'll be so much worse in that regard. And so much energy will be spent .... wasted!!! .... by so many people because of him. He's a parasite sucking the energy from so many people and he's giving nothing back and that's not going to change. He is a parasite! Truly. He's feeding off this. It's really creepy. Bad man. Very bad man.

I suspect that many people feel themselves to be so powerless and that they're so frustrated in their inability to create positive change that chaos and destruction is their only alternative.

And for those trump supporters who aren't delusional and aren't stupid and don't like this show, get smart about this guy. Be willing to be wrong about him. If he's elected there will be, at best, 4 wasted years with no creative change, unbelievable divisiveness and negativity. No wall will be built. None of the b.s. will come to pass. He's a big mouthed bully manipulating millions of people who, for whatever reasons, either can't see this guy with any objectivity or are as vile as he. It's incredibly cynical.
Bravo. Nailed it totally.

Old 07-30-2016, 09:49 PM

39,504 posts, read 27,878,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Because in this election, either Trump or Hillary will win and taking a chance that Trump will win is too dangerous. I voted for Ralph Nader in 2000. I shrugged when Bush won, figuring it wouldn't be too bad. Bush WAS bad but compared to Trump he looks like a seasoned statesman.

No matter what happens this election it seems likely that next election we'll have at least 3 major candidates. Lots of things changed this cycle and the country is clearly ready for new ideas and energy.
I sure hope so.

Old 07-30-2016, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskywalker View Post
When are these trump supporters (more like fans of a t.v. celebrity) going to acknowledge and admit that trump is a mean spirited, hateful, nasty-a**, vile provocateur?!!!
I can only assume that his supporters are equally as vile. What other possibility is there at this point? My God.
What the h*** is going on?
Is this like a friggin football game to his fans or something? It's unbelievable.
Are the trump supporters getting off on this like trump is? And he is getting off on it. God i wish his home were bugged so that people would finally see what he's doing!!!

A woman from Canada said the other day that Canadians are always watching what goes on down here but now they can't take their eyes off this spectacle. Is that what this is about? that trump and his fans are engaged in some weird show and grooving on the fact that everyone is watching and can't look away because it's so negatively shocking? .... that his supporters are just an extension of his own narcissism and desperate need for attention? .... that they want to live vicariously through this guy?

I'm not a big fan of H.C. but she's just a typical politician who may or may not be a good or great president.
She has some issues but she is not insane. And she's not filled with this vile and nasty energy. She's just a tough woman who isn't particularly likeable to the public at large. And i think, given the fact that Sanders has transformed her campaign, she may very well surprise people and actually be a great president. I don't know. God forbid anything really heinous is revealed about her between now and the election that will give trump the presidency.

Regardless, anyone who thinks that, at this point, trump is fit to be president is equally as insane as he is.

And there's nothing that could come out about H.C. that would make her anywhere near as bad as he.
The guy isn't right in the head. Seriously!

And he said that he could shoot someone and people would still vote for him. Doesn't that tell y'all something?

So you trump supporters are either really stupid, quite delusional or you're really liking this show and really drooling at the prospect of trump becoming president and throwing this country into a really chaotic state and effecting the world in very negative way.

Man, you think Obama had a difficult time getting things done?! If trump were to become president, it'll be so much worse in that regard. And so much energy will be spent .... wasted!!! .... by so many people because of him. He's a parasite sucking the energy from so many people and he's giving nothing back and that's not going to change. He is a parasite! Truly. He's feeding off this. It's really creepy. Bad man. Very bad man.

I suspect that many people feel themselves to be so powerless and that they're so frustrated in their inability to create positive change that chaos and destruction is their only alternative.

And for those trump supporters who aren't delusional and aren't stupid and don't like this show, get smart about this guy. Be willing to be wrong about him. If he's elected there will be, at best, 4 wasted years with no creative change, unbelievable divisiveness and negativity. No wall will be built. None of the b.s. will come to pass. He's a big mouthed bully manipulating millions of people who, for whatever reasons, either can't see this guy with any objectivity or are as vile as he. It's incredibly cynical.
I agree with everything you have to say here, except the bolded.

In 2014, Clinton compared Putin to Adolf Hitler. Regarding Russia's involvement with conflicts in Syria and Ukraine, Clinton has called for "a concerted effort to really up the costs on Russia and in particular on Putin," during a speech she gave at the Brookings Institute in September of 2015. In the context of fighting ISIS (also known as Daesh) in Syria, Hillary Clinton supports a no-fly zone, despite Daesh having no planes to fly. Both President Obama and Sen. Bernie Sanders oppose the idea, because its intangible without causing further strains to relations with Russia.

Based on Hillary Clinton's record of foreign policy as overwhelmingly favoring intervention and aggression over diplomacy and pragmatic restraint, tensions with Russia are only likely to worsen under her presidency.

I think it is equally insane to vote for her, but this is just my opinion. I am going with Gary Johnson. Puff the magic Johnson. He is at least safe.

Old 07-30-2016, 09:58 PM

19,718 posts, read 16,958,317 times
Blueskywalker, your post makes so much sense. What I think is behind a lot of this Trump hysteria, is that, for some reason, a lot of people in this country are really unhappy and pissed off beyond belief. Because of that anger, they see Trump as someone who is loudly sticking it to the establishment, and he is their voice to vent their frustrations.

What they are not even factoring into the equation is that Trump has NO QUALIFICATIONS to handle the myriad issues that a President faces every minute of the day. Obama said it best when he said "Nothing prepares you for what you encounter when you enter that oval office the very first day."

At least Obama, and now Hillary, worked in the political arena and had a grasp of how things work in there. They had some background and some experience with dealing with Government issues and problems. Donald Trump does not even know the first thing about how to work with the other side or how to deal with foreign leaders. If he starts bullying other countries, like he does with everyone here, he will find out really fast how we can be shut out of any of the relationships we need to have, and we will be much the worse for that happening.

This isn't just the case of Trump being someone who would not be a great President, it is the case of him being a DANGEROUS President. We can not allow this loose cannon, insane, arrogant man to wreck everything we stand for. He could undo things that have taken decades to build.

Don

Old 07-30-2016, 09:58 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,516,787 times
yeah, trump often has no filter. Welcome to reality. Most people think with dark humor but just don't express it outwardly like him. What's worse? We've all done it and those who think they are so pure and haven't thought in terms of dark humor more than a few times are either lying or lying. But yes, many of us have a filter. Some people don't. Or express things in a way that gets taken out of context....this is election time where everything is twisted/taken out of context by the other side to gain advantage.

I'm guessing the point he was trying to make was muslims, especially certain sects/men, treat their woman with very little respect that we in the US would think is very bad/ugly. I'm also guessing this is trumps way of milking the media to get attention and then he "clarifies" his statement. And this works very well for him to gain attention then clarifies the point on the bigger issue he wants to address. Watch. Some of you I don't think still get the game he's playing. Look at the thread size he's created. He has you guys where he wants so keep talking away.....you fell into his trap once again.

Regardless, if some here feel wonderful hil has the high-ground here, give it a rest:

Hillary Clinton's Handling of 1975 Rape Case Emerges Again - ABC News

"Nevertheless, it might be the way Clinton talked - and laughed - about the trial in the audio tapes, rather than her decision to defend him that people could find off-putting."

Yeah, laughing during discussing a child rape case while defending the rapist sure might be a little "off-putting". Just imagine if a guy or trump did such a thing.. I bet they'd have to resign from running. In any case, just another piece why many feel hil is a sleazy/cold/unfeeling as a politician gets.

Last edited by stevek64; 07-30-2016 at 10:12 PM..

Old 07-30-2016, 10:00 PM

Sometimes There Is No Lesser Of Two Evils

Gary Johnson is not evil.

Old 07-30-2016, 10:10 PM

4,710 posts, read 3,499,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
yeah, trump often has no filter. Welcome to reality. Most people think with dark humor but just don't express it outwardly like him. What's worse? We've all done it and those who think they are so pure and haven't are either lying or lying. But yes, many of us have a filter. Some people don't. Or express things in a way that gets taken out of context....this is election time where everything is twisted/taken out of context.

I'm guessing the point he was trying to make was muslims, especially certain sects/men, treat their woman with very little respect that we in the US would think is very bad/ugly. I'm also guessing this is trumps way of milking the media to get attention and then he "clarifies" his statement. And this works very well for him to gain attention then clarifies the point on the bigger issue he wants to address. Watch. Some of you I don't think still get the game he's playing. Look at the thread size he's created. He got you guys where he wants so keep talking away.....you fell into his trap once again.

Regardless, if some here feel wonderful hil has the high-ground here, give it a rest:

Hillary Clinton's Handling of 1975 Rape Case Emerges Again - ABC News

"Nevertheless, it might be the way Clinton talked - and laughed - about the trial in the audio tapes, rather than her decision to defend him that people could find off-putting."

Yeah, laughing during discussing a child rape case while defending the rapist sure might be a little "off-putting". Just another piece why many feel she is a sleazy/cold as a politician gets.
Again, unending deflection and TRUMPSPLAINING!

Old 07-30-2016, 10:16 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,599,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Trump's comments are indefensible. All he had to do was keep his mouth shut--but he can't. Those of you who defend him at all costs need to think about how he'd act when provoked if he were sitting in the White House where he would be provoked every single day.

It would be ugly and dangerous.

Hillary supporting and to BLM is indefensible. The Group is ugly and Dangerous. Its a shame no one in the White House now, is "provoked" enough to do anything. You have Millions of Illegal Aliens sneaking across the Borders, living here, and costing us Billions, and no one is provoked on the Hill. Obama and Hillary want to bring in Thousands of Muslim Refugees from Terrorist infested Countries, and want you to pay for it, even after they have seen what and who these people are, and the turmoil they are causing in Europe. No one in the White house is "provoked" to do what the people want. Maybe its time to have some one in there, that will be provoked enough to do something for Americans besides doing everything to appease other Nations.

Its already to ugly and too dangerous here. Ask a Local Cop.

Old 07-30-2016, 10:17 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,516,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
Again, unending deflection and TRUMPSPLAINING!
I admitted he has no filter, uses the media to his advantage, and hil is as sleazy, laughing during discussing a rape of a child by an adult when she was defending the adult child rapist.

What specifically is the "deflection" part?

Creating one sentence accusations without any logic or reasoning and not being able to make a coherent counterpoint sounds sophomoric at best.

Old 07-30-2016, 10:21 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,799,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Hillary supporting and to BLM is indefensible. The Group is ugly and Dangerous. Its a shame no one in the White House now, is "provoked" enough to do anything. You have Millions of Illegal Aliens sneaking across the Borders, living here, and costing us Billions, and no one is provoked on the Hill. Obama and Hillary want to bring in Thousands of Muslim Refugees from Terrorist infested Countries, and want you to pay for it, even after they have seen what and who these people are, and the turmoil they are causing in Europe. No one in the White house is "provoked" to do what the people want. Maybe its time to have some one in there, that will be provoked enough to do something for Americans besides doing everything to appease other Nations.

Its already to ugly and too dangerous here. Ask a Local Cop.
You can argue about policy and politics all day long, but that still doesn't make what Trump said about the Khans anything but stupid, hateful, petty, mean, idiotic and cold-hearted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections