Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2016, 10:23 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,799,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
I admitted he has no filter, uses the media to his advantage, and hil is as sleazy, laughing during discussing a rape of a child by an adult when she was defending the adult child rapist.

What specifically is the "deflection" part?

Creating one sentence accusations without any logic or reasoning and not being able to make a coherent counterpoint sounds sophomoric at best.
Assuming you really think Trump would be a good president, you don't have to defend everything he says. What he said about the Khans was horrible and there's no shame in your admitting that.

Old 07-30-2016, 10:30 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,599,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
This is why I can't stomach him. You can't troll to be POTUS. It's too important. That means he doesn't care about the country or anything in it.

And there are a lot of folks that think the same way. Look at the "Stop Trump" Movement, and how long they tried to stop him, and all the money they spent, and ended up being skunked, with Trump stronger than ever. So it won't matter how you feel about him. With all they had, they don't matter anymore. The people will decide, and even if he loses, Hillary won't be liked any better by anyone.

Old 07-30-2016, 10:33 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,516,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Assuming you really think Trump would be a good president, you don't have to defend everything he says. What he said about the Khans was horrible and there's no shame in your admitting that.
Let me summarize simply what I said so it's easy to comprehend in nice small bites:

1.) I didn't defend what he said

2.) He's unfiltered

3.) He says things in a way that's ambiguous and/or controversial to get a rise out of the media and people to get their attention.....to get maximum media attention to make a point. Look at the size of this thread....he's using you/the media/getting your attention. It works!

4.) The next day or so he clarifies what he said to get maximum attention to get his point made to reach as many people as possible.

5.) My thinking on what he was saying/the point he was trying to get across and will clarify in the next day or two....muslim men often don't treat their woman very nice and saw that lady standing next to her husband in silence as part of this....and treated on many levels downright badly compared to how most in the west see it. Read sharia law sometime if you don't understand this reality. Better yet, read this:

Women's Rights Under Sharia

6.) Those hillary lovers need to look at her own horrible behavior/acting cold. I used the concrete example of her laughing during discussing a child rape trial when she was defending the adult rapist of a child.

I don't care what trump or hillary say/don't care to defend either of them. They are adults and are free to speak as they want as I'm free to analyze/comment on what they say. I'm simply commenting objectively on what I hear/see and analyze it. Like him or hate him, trump is a master at media manipulation and so far it has worked wonders for him.

Clear as day?

Old 07-30-2016, 10:35 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,599,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
You can argue about policy and politics all day long, but that still doesn't make what Trump said about the Khans anything but stupid, hateful, petty, mean, idiotic and cold-hearted.

And you can talk till blue in the face, and it won't change the fact that Khan used his Sons dead Body to beat Trump on the head because he didn't like what Trump has been saying. It was stupid, and showed utter disrespect for his own Son as a " Ticket" to get on stage for his own selfish reasons. That's fact.

Old 07-30-2016, 10:37 PM

6,132 posts, read 8,037,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Thanks to this thread I was able to put a few more Trump drones on my ignore list.

Thank you all for the heads up.
I think I'm going to do the same.

Old 07-30-2016, 10:40 PM

13,681 posts, read 10,079,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
And there are a lot of folks that think the same way. Look at the "Stop Trump" Movement, and how long they tried to stop him, and all the money they spent, and ended up being skunked, with Trump stronger than ever. So it won't matter how you feel about him. With all they had, they don't matter anymore. The people will decide, and even if he loses, Hillary won't be liked any better by anyone.
Uh huh.

Keep on keeping on, dear.

Old 07-30-2016, 10:41 PM

19,718 posts, read 16,958,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
And you can talk till blue in the face, and it won't change the fact that Khan used his Sons dead Body to beat Trump on the head because he didn't like what Trump has been saying. It was stupid, and showed utter disrespect for his own Son as a " Ticket" to get on stage for his own selfish reasons. That's fact.

No, see it for what it really was. Khan was disgusted that all Muslims are being painted with the same brush by Trump. The gist of his speech was that many Muslims are good Americans, and he held his Son up as a perfect example of that. He simply wanted to show that Trump's accusations do not fit ALL Muslims. He wanted to show how much his own Son loved America and he died for that love.

Stop making his speech something it was not. He just wanted to set the record on Muslims straight. Period.

Don

Old 07-30-2016, 10:43 PM

15,087 posts, read 13,500,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Why is Donald Trump totally incapable of shutting the hell up?
Because unlike with others where it's a lot of talk, Donald Trump actually IS that real case of a sociopath who literally cannot help himself; he has a pathological need to always take the low road and hit back against war veterans and such, even when he himself was way too scared to serve and weaseled his way out of combat thanks to his family connections.

To this day, it's amazing to me that conservatives were happy to look the other way while he offended people who went into real combat, like McCain.

And now he tries to equate his "sacrifice" as a self-serving billionaire who has lived an easy life to that of a soldier who put his life on the line and gave it when it came down to the wire.

It's not normal for a presidential candidate to go so far as to insult the memories of dead US soldiers, but Trump is no normal presidential candidate. Hillary Clinton may be a crappy human being, but Trump honestly seems to have some psychological problems that make him not act like a rational human.

Old 07-30-2016, 10:44 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,799,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Let me summarize simply what I said so it's easy to comprehend in nice small bites:

1.) I didn't defend what he said

2.) He's unfiltered

3.) He says things in a way that's ambiguous and/or controversial to get a rise out of the media and people to get their attention.....to get maximum media attention to make a point. Look at the size of this thread....he's using you/the media/getting your attention. It works!

4.) The next day or so he clarifies what he said to get maximum attention to get his point made to reach as many people as possible.

5.) My thinking on what he was saying/the point he was trying to get across....muslim men often don't treat their woman very nice....downright badly compared to how most in the west see it. Read sharia law sometime if you don't understand this reality. Better yet, read this:

Women's Rights Under Sharia

6.) Those hillary lovers need to look at her own horrible behavior/acting cold. I used her laughing during discussing a child rape trial when she was defending the adult rapist of a child.

I don't care what trump or hillary say/don't care to defend with of them. I'm simply commenting objectively on what I hear/analyze.

Clear as day?
You don't need to be sarcastic or condescending to me.

If Trump is playing the media or the electorate (which I doubt), he needs to stop. His nutty/odd/rude/hateful comments may make his supporters clap or guffaw, but they are losing him undecided voters.

You're right that not everyone has a filter, but a president needs a filter. The safey of the country depends on it. If Trump is president, he will be insulted and called out every single day. Ask Obama. He cannot take it personally or he's doomed.

Trump wasn't trying to get across anything about Muslim women. He was trying to take a dig. Even if he did want to teach us something about Muslim culture, it was an inappropriate time and place.

Finally, what did YOU think about his comments to the Khans? Appropriate under the circumstances, or not?

Old 07-30-2016, 10:46 PM

63,917 posts, read 46,960,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Why is Donald Trump totally incapable of shutting the hell up? I have no pity for his campaign manager because he knew what he was signing up for, but blurbs like this have to drive him crazy.

Donald Trump to Father of Fallen Soldier: 'I
The day after accepting the nomination and the Cruz recommendation to " vote your conscience" he was on the morning shows talking about how he is going to create a YUGE Superpac to defeat Cruz when he seeks reelection.

He cannot control his impulses.

Country with 315 million and a Trump vs Hillary ticket is as good as it gets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections