Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2016, 11:27 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,704,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Trump has never done anything "subtle". He trashed the mother of a dead American soldier.

You're right, "those people" are nothing like Trump. They're decent Americans, who understand what makes America great.
Absolutely.

Old 07-30-2016, 11:28 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,518,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Since you know when to keep your mouth shut and can respond thoughtfully to questions, I'd vote for you over Trump any day.

Let's assume HC lied to that mom, even though it's hearsay. Lying is bad and she should not have done it. But if the mom made remarks about Trump like she did about HC, Trump would have responded in a personal, petty, hateful way. You know it's true. HC has not maligned that grieving mother even though the mother has made serious accusations against her. She kept her mouth shut, which is all anyone wants Trump to do.
hey, I better get ready to campaign!.....but then again.....

oh sure, politics is like that. Good for me/not you and both sides play that game over and over again for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
So basically you are painting someone into a box based on your vast knowledge of "Sharia Law".

Gotcha.
I simply stated what I felt trump was trying to say/what perhaps he was implying. No, I'm not a mind reader. When he clarifies, which I'm sure he will as that's how he plays the media, we'll find out. I read his statement on the matter, the few sentences, and to me he was implying that woman weren't treated very well in that belief and "maybe" this is what we were seeing on the stage when that woman didn't say a word, only the husband talked. On the big matter, if you feel woman are equal to men in that belief, well, more power to you. I can't go any further in the conversation if that's your view on the matter that doesn't reflect reality on the subject.

As for my "vast" knowledge, yes, I've read up on it and posted a url to it. Many other url's post the same info/more details/etc. It's not hard to understand/one doesn't need advanced training to comprehend it. If you find the way woman are treated by the many people who subscribe to that belief as ok, you wouldn't mind your sister/daughter/mom being treated in such a way, well, what can I say....that's your belief. I can only express my view and I think it's a terrible way to treat woman on many levels.

Old 07-30-2016, 11:29 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,524,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
It's actually more about Trump subtly pointing out the cultural differences and vilifying the entire Islamic family structure. More like "Look! These people are nothing like us".
Yes. Difference is always terrifying. History has taught us that we will do stupid things in the name of fear and that the end results will show us that we were stupid to fear.

Old 07-30-2016, 11:36 PM

22,265 posts, read 19,585,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
hey, I better get ready to campaign!.....but then again.....

oh sure, politics is like that. Good for me/not you and both sides play that game over and over again for sure.

I simply stated what I felt trump was trying to say/what perhaps he was implying. No, I'm not a mind reader. When he clarifies, which I'm sure he will as that's how he plays the media, we'll find out. I read his statement on the matter, the few sentences, and to me he was implying that woman weren't treated very well in that belief and "maybe" this is what we were seeing on the stage when that woman didn't say a word, only the husband talked. On the big matter, if you feel woman are equal to men in that belief, well, more power to you. I can't go any further in the conversation if that's your view on the matter.

As for my "vast" knowledge, yes, I've read up on it and posted a url to it. Many other url's post the same info/more details/etc. It's not hard to understand/one doesn't need advanced training to comprehend it. If you find the way woman are treated by the many people who subscribe to that belief as ok, you wouldn't mind your sister/daughter/mom being treated in such a way, well, what can I say....that's your belief. I can only express my view and I think it's a terrible way to treat woman on many levels.

There was simply no reason for him to even make the not allowed to speak accusation, period.

Old 07-30-2016, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
There was simply no reason for him to even make the not allowed to speak accusation, period.
That's your view what you would do and I wouldn't comment on it either if it were me.

But you(?) and certainly myself aren't politicians. You have to get into the mind of these people who see every little matter as a way to score "points". Trump is very aggressive at this. That's what we are seeing. It is what it is and every politician makes their own bed on their actions/must calculate the risk/reward of every one of their actions. So far it has been working wonders for trump. For clinton it's disappear from open news conferences for 230 something days.....for trump, it's comment on most everything/be everywhere all the time. They guy has the energy of a 19 year old.

Old 07-30-2016, 11:40 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,524,753 times
Ultimately it was a no-win situation for Trump. Smart thing was for him was to say nothing. As usual Trump does not do the smart thing.

Old 07-30-2016, 11:52 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,428,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Ultimately it was a no-win situation for Trump. Smart thing was for him was to say nothing. As usual Trump does not do the smart thing.
Good thing for Trump his supporters are even dumber than he is.
Sad thing for Trump is that most Americans are probably smarter than his supporters.

Ken

Old 07-30-2016, 11:57 PM

22,265 posts, read 19,585,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
That's your view what you would do and I wouldn't comment on it either if it were me.

But you(?) and certainly myself aren't politicians. You have to get into the mind of these people who see every little matter as a way to score "points". Trump is very aggressive at this. That's what we are seeing. It is what it is and every politician makes their own bed on their actions/must calculate the risk/reward of every one of their actions. So far it has been working wonders for trump. For clinton it's disappear from open news conferences for 230 something days.....for trump, it's comment on most everything/be everywhere all the time. They guy has the energy of a 19 year old.

This really isn't about politics. Trump just has a short fuse and can't handle criticism without lashing out. In this particular case he lashed out at a family of a dead soldier that was critical of him and made a heinous accusation of her maybe not being allowed to speak, and compared his sacrafices to someone who paid the ultimate sacrifice.

The comment is wrong period, regardless of if you said it, I said it a politician said it, a Republican said it a Democrat said it, etc its wrong period.

Why can't you stop fishing for excuses on getting into his mind on why he said it and not just admit it was a terrible thing to say, no matter who you are.

Old 07-31-2016, 12:01 AM

7,587 posts, read 6,678,063 times
Instead of thanking Captain Khan for his service and his sacrifice, and extending his sincere condolences to the fallen hero's family but respectfully disagreeing with them (and maybe even turning it into an opportunity to sound presidential and statesmanlike by offering the respectful disagreement between the two parties as an example of what makes America a great country), Trump chooses to lash out at the family, insult them, mock Islam, and dishonor the service of that hero and every other combat veteran by saying the sacrifice made by the young man and his family was no different than the sacrifices Trump makes by hiring workers to build his office towers.

And instead of having the common civility, decency, and intelligence to shut up and remain tactfully silent, the **********s double down on despicable and disgusting by dutifully falling into line with their puppetmaster and joining him in insulting the family and the dead soldier.

Truly despicable. It's things like this that seriously make me wonder, more and more, if Donald Trump was sent by the gods to show Americans how ugly they truly are.

Anyone want to bet on which week it will be when the Clinton campaign puts out the commercials juxtaposing Mr. Khan's speech with footage of Trump bragging about all the sacrifices he made building those buildings and making himself a billionaire, and asking the average American voter if this is really the candidate who understands their interests and can be trusted to look out for them? Maybe even throw in 5 or 10 seconds of him comparing his promiscuous sexual adventures to the dangers of fighting in Viet Nam?

I'm tellin' y'all, that Khan speech may very well be the turning point in the election if the Dems play their cards right. Cuz you know damned well trump will walk right into it. I honestly wonder if the whole thing was a setup from the beginning.

Old 07-31-2016, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
This really isn't about politics. Trump just has a short fuse and can't handle criticism without lashing out. In this particular case he lashed out at a family of a dead soldier that was critical of him and made a heinous accusation of her maybe not being allowed to speak, and compared his sacrafices to someone who paid the ultimate sacrifice.

The comment is wrong period, regardless of if you said it, I said it a politician said it, a Republican said it a Democrat said it, etc its wrong period.

Why can't you stop fishing for excuses on getting into his mind on why he said it and not just admit it was a terrible thing to say, no matter who you are.
Of course it's about politics. And yes, one's personality falls into it on what approach is taken.

As for a "terrible thing to say", I think politicians as a whole are "terrible", self serving, bought off, lie while they smile at you look you in the eye, and serve money not the people. And have our country in a terrible position that the 3 stooges could probably produce better results. THAT is far more "terrible" to me than any words any of these clowns speak that many people are obsessing over.

I think many of you are caught up in worrying/arguing about things that dwarf far bigger issues we have in this nation but so be it......trump has you where he wants you....dominating the media coverage once again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Good thing for Trump his supporters are even dumber than he is.
Sad thing for Trump is that most Americans are probably smarter than his supporters.

Ken
Lots of highly "educated" from the "Best of the best" colleges running our country into the ground in both parties for the last few decades. Not impressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections