Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2016, 07:24 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,120,533 times

Advertisements

He should have just pointed out that it was Hillary who supported the war that got their son killed, whereas he was against it all along.

Old 07-31-2016, 07:28 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,463,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
He was not "mad" that he lost his son in a pointless war. Or, if he was that is not what he said. He was talking about the sleazeball Trumplican (Republicans outside of their leaders who won't speak out don't deserve to be lumped in with Trump) candidate who insults ALL Muslims, argues for spying on them, and refuses to accept them as equal citizens in our country.
We should spy on them.

They're committing acts of terrorism, in case you haven't noticed.

1993 World Trade Center bombing, 9/11, Boston Marathon, Fort Hood, San Bernardino, Chatanooga, Orlando.

All of them acts of terrorism by Muslims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Some one has to speak out against importing thousands of Muslim refuges mixed with Terrorists. I don't want my Tax dollars spent on Muslims we know nothing about, when we have hungry people and homeless on our own streets.
Exactly.

We shouldn't be allowing ANY immigration when we have unemployed people and people on welfare.

And once we do have full employment, we should only accept immigrants who are culturally compatible with us and have something to offer. Being an impoverished Muslim doesn't fulfill that requirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
Disrespect for the family of a fallen soldier certainly does get me upset, and it's coming from both Trump and the Trump apologists here.
The disrespect is coming FROM the family of the fallen soldier -- using him as a political club.

Pathetic and disgusting.

Quote:
Respect is earned, not given because you lost a family member. You can be a "Jackass" and still lose a Son. That Jackass doesn't deserve respect. His Son does. Its good that you get upset about things. Keeps you In the game
Well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't care what Muslims think about Trump, but attacking grieving parents is very low. Trump needs to learn when to let go. These two are in a lot of pain. If Trump just left them alone, I would have a lot of respect for him.
They attacked him, he didn't attack them.

I think you have things backwards.

He has a right to defend himself.

And if they really were "in a lot of pain," why were they shamelessly exploiting their son's death to make a political attack in front of millions of people?

People who are truly in pain do not do that.

Quote:
Regardless, he was right about that But that is not the point I was making. The point I was making is that I don't think he takes presidency seriously.

I like him, Mr. Trump. I have always been a fan. But I don't think he is right for the job.
So who is right for the job?

Hillary?

One or the other of them is going to be the next president -- unless Hillary finally gets arrested for her many crimes.

Last edited by dechatelet; 07-31-2016 at 07:44 AM..

Old 07-31-2016, 07:31 AM

1,541 posts, read 1,131,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskywalker View Post
When are these trump supporters (more like fans of a t.v. celebrity) going to acknowledge and admit that trump is a mean spirited, hateful, nasty-a**, vile provocateur?!!!
I can only assume that his supporters are equally as vile. What other possibility is there at this point? My God.
What the h*** is going on?
Is this like a friggin football game to his fans or something? It's unbelievable.
Are the trump supporters getting off on this like trump is? And he is getting off on it. God i wish his home were bugged so that people would finally see what he's doing!!!

A woman from Canada said the other day that Canadians are always watching what goes on down here but now they can't take their eyes off this spectacle. Is that what this is about? that trump and his fans are engaged in some weird show and grooving on the fact that everyone is watching and can't look away because it's so negatively shocking? .... that his supporters are just an extension of his own narcissism and desperate need for attention? .... that they want to live vicariously through this guy?

I'm not a big fan of H.C. but she's just a typical politician who may or may not be a good or great president.
She has some issues but she is not insane. And she's not filled with this vile and nasty energy. She's just a tough woman who isn't particularly likeable to the public at large. And i think, given the fact that Sanders has transformed her campaign, she may very well surprise people and actually be a great president. I don't know. God forbid anything really heinous is revealed about her between now and the election that will give trump the presidency.

Regardless, anyone who thinks that, at this point, trump is fit to be president is equally as insane as he is.

And there's nothing that could come out about H.C. that would make her anywhere near as bad as he.
The guy isn't right in the head. Seriously!

And he said that he could shoot someone and people would still vote for him. Doesn't that tell y'all something?

So you trump supporters are either really stupid, quite delusional or you're really liking this show and really drooling at the prospect of trump becoming president and throwing this country into a really chaotic state and effecting the world in very negative way.

Man, you think Obama had a difficult time getting things done?! If trump were to become president, it'll be so much worse in that regard. And so much energy will be spent .... wasted!!! .... by so many people because of him. He's a parasite sucking the energy from so many people and he's giving nothing back and that's not going to change. He is a parasite! Truly. He's feeding off this. It's really creepy. Bad man. Very bad man.

I suspect that many people feel themselves to be so powerless and that they're so frustrated in their inability to create positive change that chaos and destruction is their only alternative.

And for those trump supporters who aren't delusional and aren't stupid and don't like this show, get smart about this guy. Be willing to be wrong about him. If he's elected there will be, at best, 4 wasted years with no creative change, unbelievable divisiveness and negativity. No wall will be built. None of the b.s. will come to pass. He's a big mouthed bully manipulating millions of people who, for whatever reasons, either can't see this guy with any objectivity or are as vile as he. It's incredibly cynical.

With all the spin going on here lets look at the reality that CLINTON is the one who got the Muslim mans son KILLED with her vote to go to war.....And TRUMP is the bad guy for defending himself??

Old 07-31-2016, 07:35 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,314,889 times
Quote:
Have to admit, hard to defend Trump in this situation.
For any compassionate, thinking individual, I agree wholeheartedly.

Old 07-31-2016, 07:37 AM

8,922 posts, read 5,665,210 times
Who wrote malanias speech?

Old 07-31-2016, 07:41 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,463,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Mrs. Khan did not refrain from speaking because she's a female Muslim. She didn't speak because she knew she'd break down crying.
Oh, please.

She and her husband didn't have to speak at all in front of millions of people if they were so "broken up."

The way they exploited their son's death to make a cheap political point is beyond disgraceful!

Quote:
Hillary supporting and to BLM is indefensible. The Group is ugly and Dangerous. Its a shame no one in the White House now, is "provoked" enough to do anything. You have Millions of Illegal Aliens sneaking across the Borders, living here, and costing us Billions, and no one is provoked on the Hill. Obama and Hillary want to bring in Thousands of Muslim Refugees from Terrorist infested Countries, and want you to pay for it, even after they have seen what and who these people are, and the turmoil they are causing in Europe. No one in the White house is "provoked" to do what the people want. Maybe its time to have some one in there, that will be provoked enough to do something for Americans besides doing everything to appease other Nations.

Its already to ugly and too dangerous here. Ask a Local Cop.
Well said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
You can argue about policy and politics all day long, but that still doesn't make what Trump said about the Khans anything but stupid, hateful, petty, mean, idiotic and cold-hearted.
It was the Khans' exploiting their own son's death for political purposes that was stupid, hateful, petty, mean, idiotic and cold-hearted.

Old 07-31-2016, 07:43 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
He should have just pointed out that it was Hillary who supported the war that got their son killed, whereas he was against it all along.
So he should double down on that lie? We have precisely one public statement from Trump where he expressed any actual position on the war before it started, in which he offered up, what's that, oh yeah, support (albeit not strong) for invading Iraq.

Old 07-31-2016, 07:44 AM

1,356 posts, read 1,228,907 times
The Benghazi mother was attacked by the left and told to get over it. She was called a liar. I say we are even. I could give a rat's a** about this Khan "controversy". Another diversion from the the real subjects in this election. Good for you Don, never back down.

Old 07-31-2016, 07:47 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,632,822 times
Quote:
Disrespect for the family of a fallen soldier certainly does get me upset, and it's coming from both Trump and the Trump apologists here.
Yes. And they claim to have a lock on 'love for the military'. They are sickening hypocrites.

Quote:
Trump was smart enough to get this far, which no one said he would. A "Barking" Dog is always given a wide berth. It works for him. He "Barks" and his numbers go up. No one wants a lap dog like Bernie, who just "let go" and is now a kiss up.
Donald certainly knows how to pander to the lowest common denominator - his supporters. He farts and they cheer.

Quote:
You're talking about a different kind of respect.

If Trump had any decency (or brains) he would have let the issue pass without comment. If the reporters pressed him about it, all he had to do would be offer the family his condolences and thank their son for giving his life to our country, or some similarly decent statement.

Instead, he tried to claim his self-proclaimed success in business was a "sacrifice."

Abhorrent.
I'm pretty sure Donald needs to look up the word 'sacrifice'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post

Uh, wasn't it the Muslim father who claimed he sacrificed something? Yes. His DEAD SON.

That's where this all started -- at the democrook convention.

Anyone with emotional intelligence would understand that a father using his dead son as a political weapon is beyond repulsive and the very height of immorality.

Says the party who paraded a very distraught mother of a dead son.

Trump didn't kill his son -- unlike Hillary, who killed the ambassador in Benghazi by refusing to provide him with needed and repeatedly requested security.

How many Republican investigations do you require to admit that Hillary didn't 'kill any ambassadors'? Trey Gowdy was forced to exonerate her.

Old 07-31-2016, 07:47 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,542,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
You can connect the political dots all you want to, it's a free country, but in the end this soldier swore to uphold our Constitution and obey his Commander in Chief, and he paid the ultimate price. Trump could have paid homage to his sacrifice, instead he chose to attack his parents for their political views.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections