Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2016, 09:40 AM

57,398 posts, read 26,458,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
If those idiots blast Trump, Trump's numbers will skyrocket.

How many times does one have to say THEY ARE THE PROBLEM before people get it?
No one should ever underestimate the ability of some Trump supporters to ignore any despicable action or dumb statement on his part.

Old 07-31-2016, 09:40 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,421,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
If your son was killed in a similar situation, would you be mad at the person who voted to put him in the situation (Hillary) or the man that had better judgement then and now to make sure people we are paying to bring over and putting on our welfare don't want to kill us....Liberals are idiot hypocrites.
Trump supported the Iraq invasion, as did most Dems and basically all Republicans, so no. Trump has always been a pretty huge warmonger.

Obviously the Mom is mad at the candidate who disparages their dead son, mocks their religion, and seeks to have them removed from the country, not the candidate who supports her and her family.

Old 07-31-2016, 09:44 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,421,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Do you think that Trump can rule by fiat? Are you trying to elect Emperor Trump, or President Trump. Congress would not act on 90% of the crap you just listed and 'throwing rioters and cop killers in prison' is not a federal responsibility, so how will that happen? replace local police with the national guard?
It could definitely happen. Happened in Germany, Italy, Spain, Russia, and many other countries with democratic institutions, checks and balances, and rule of law.

Germany in the 1920's was basically a model democracy, the envy of the world. When Hitler first rose to prominence, many supporters claimed he was just a "big talker", the talk about Jews/Gypsies/Gays was just "for show" and "Parliament would limit his impulses". His campaign theme was basically "Make Germany great again" and "Put Germany First". His rhetoric blamed outsiders for Germany's problems. Sound familiar? We all know what happened.

Old 07-31-2016, 09:47 AM

63,917 posts, read 46,963,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
Instead of thanking Captain Khan for his service and his sacrifice, and extending his sincere condolences to the fallen hero's family but respectfully disagreeing with them (and maybe even turning it into an opportunity to sound presidential and statesmanlike by offering the respectful disagreement between the two parties as an example of what makes America a great country), Trump chooses to lash out at the family, insult them, mock Islam, and dishonor the service of that hero and every other combat veteran by saying the sacrifice made by the young man and his family was no different than the sacrifices Trump makes by hiring workers to build his office towers.

And instead of having the common civility, decency, and intelligence to shut up and remain tactfully silent, the **********s double down on despicable and disgusting by dutifully falling into line with their puppetmaster and joining him in insulting the family and the dead soldier.

Truly despicable. It's things like this that seriously make me wonder, more and more, if Donald Trump was sent by the gods to show Americans how ugly they truly are.

Anyone want to bet on which week it will be when the Clinton campaign puts out the commercials juxtaposing Mr. Khan's speech with footage of Trump bragging about all the sacrifices he made building those buildings and making himself a billionaire, and asking the average American voter if this is really the candidate who understands their interests and can be trusted to look out for them? Maybe even throw in 5 or 10 seconds of him comparing his promiscuous sexual adventures to the dangers of fighting in Viet Nam?

I'm tellin' y'all, that Khan speech may very well be the turning point in the election if the Dems play their cards right. Cuz you know damned well trump will walk right into it. I honestly wonder if the whole thing was a setup from the beginning.
Trump takes the bait, every time.

It does not seem to matter to his supporters.

I get, really get, why someone would vote against Hillary. I do not however track, defending the barrage of impulsive, reckless, hurtful remarks and boasts made by Trump.

He branded Mc Cain a loser for being a POW, not because of Mc Cain's contrary position on issues.

Who knows? Maybe Trump perceives this fallen son as a loser because he died and Trump likes to win.

There is something so fundamentally off about Trump's inability to control his reactions and those who attempt to defend his remarks.

Old 07-31-2016, 09:51 AM

4,666 posts, read 5,124,840 times
LOL...what a dolt. Does Trump ride in a short campaign bus?

Old 07-31-2016, 09:57 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,346,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
Only in trumps world is hiring people so his business can make a profit considered a sacrifice. What a buffoon.
Trump has said many stupid things, but this has to be one of the stupidest. Over 24-hours later and it is still a mainstay on Twitter. There has to be hundreds of sarcastic tweets regarding what Trump has sacrificed. Gems.

Old 07-31-2016, 10:00 AM

4,666 posts, read 5,124,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Trump used Khan's speech to attack Islam, imply that Mrs Khan did not speak because her religion forbids it, and that Khan's words were not his own.

“If you look at his wife, she was standing there. She had nothing to say. She probably, maybe she wasn't allowed to have anything to say. You tell me.”

“Who wrote that? Did Hillary's script writers write it?”

Mrs Khan, still emotional over the loss of her son, speaks to Lawrence O'Donnell below.

Mr Khan has great respect for both Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell but is appalled that they and other Republicans have let this racist interloper take over their party with hardly a wimp or word of protest.

Trump and his surrogate's smear campaign is beyond the pale.

I know that Fox viewers missed Khan's convention speech as Fox small boxed it with no sound and discussed ISIS and showed ISIS flags on the main screen instead.

Khan's devastating, other 1/2 of speech, response is below:

Slain soldier’s dad: GOP should call out Trump
Ah...the burnt orange doofus strikes again. Maybe she couldn't find the right words to capture her feelings and didn't want to plagiarize?

Old 07-31-2016, 10:02 AM

31,033 posts, read 19,620,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Trump supported the Iraq invasion, as did most Dems and basically all Republicans, so no. Trump has always been a pretty huge warmonger.

Obviously the Mom is mad at the candidate who disparages their dead son, mocks their religion, and seeks to have them removed from the country, not the candidate who supports her and her family.
Trump did not support the Iraq invasion and even if he did, he was a businessman and had no impact to the decision....Hillary voted to send that Father's son to die, Trump did not. I won't vote for anyone that supported that horrible judgement so No Bush, Cheney or Hillary.

Your comments about Trump are all completely wrong.

Old 07-31-2016, 10:04 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,648,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
The Benghazi mother was attacked by the left and told to get over it. She was called a liar. I say we are even. I could give a rat's a** about this Khan "controversy". Another diversion from the the real subjects in this election. Good for you Don, never back down.
Really?

Show me where the Democratic nominee said ONE thing about the Benghazi mother than the Rethuglicans paraded on display.

Show me where Hillary called her a liar.

You can't.

Old 07-31-2016, 10:09 AM

15,822 posts, read 12,523,324 times
But Trump didn't respond to Mr Khan's charges - instead he attacked the silent mother and Islam.

Trump, like many on this forum, also deflect with "Hillary voted for the Iraq war, not me!"
The Khan's have not blamed anyone for their son's death, blamed anyone for the security setup at his base that day, or questioned the legitimacy of the Iraq war. Their son died doing his duty.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...43648573435905

Last edited by katzpaw; 07-31-2016 at 10:18 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections