Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2016, 02:57 PM

9,802 posts, read 14,378,304 times

Advertisements

The lawyer-father's well scripted speech appears to be a staged set up by the DNC. I'm not buying it. I'm so justifiably suspicious of the democrats that I'm also wondering if the wife's attire was a costume. I wouldn't put anything past them.

Old 07-31-2016, 03:00 PM

993 posts, read 772,701 times
Yep. That's who we need for President. "A bull in a china shop."

Trump was not "boxed in unjustly." Jesus, Mary and Joseph.

If Trump can't handle this, how can he lead a nation?

I'm beginning to think Trump has some kind of mental illness.....something beyond classic narcissistic behavior.
His inability to stay on track, his juvenile way of communicating, his name calling, his put downs of those less fortunate than he, his lies, exaggerations. It's concerning.

I know I'm stating the obvious but there's something off about him. He doesn't appear to be a stable individual.

Old 07-31-2016, 03:01 PM

15,190 posts, read 12,362,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Of course its about "Hillary" too, and she is a big part of this. I know you would rather leave her out of this, as if she had nothing to do with any of it, but she is the only other choice you have, so its a lot to do about her, but nice try.

If you don't want Trump, or Hillary, then you don't even have a "Dog" in this hunt, and are just spouting off just to make noise. The choices are clear, Hillary, Trump, or not to vote at all. Any other name on the Ballot is the same as not voting at all, since no one else can even come close to winning.

I support Trump, all of him, and if the likes of BLM and other Trump haters, keep trying to Demonize him, I know he is doing his job well.
Especially when this "all of him" includes the fabricated accusations made about him by those anxious to destroy a political enemy they hate.

Old 07-31-2016, 03:10 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,396,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
We are all remorseful regarding the death of the muslim gentleman who explained his loss of a son
in Iraq. We share his grief as well as his wife and family and praise the sons service and sacrifice.
Unfortunately he began to rant on Trump which made little sense outside being prompted by DNC
producer by saying Mr. Trump probably never read the constitution! This is not true and rings of many
untruth desperate push backs by DNC in an effort to leverage off of Trump's hard core persona.
I
was happy that Trump shared remorse while again calling it a low blow. Trump will turn into a bull
in a China shop if you box him in unjustly.
BBM ^^ to address

It seems to be confusing to most that IF DT actually knew the Constitution...That he would never spent the last year denigrating the numerous articles within it!

This is why Mr. Khan is so angry..after a year of denigration of the Islam Religion..and even at time suggest monitoring all Muslim Citizens..then of course tack on his demeaning Mexican American's labeling Mexicans that come to America are no their best ( murderer's/rapists) and because he doesn't like the Judge over his Civil Case...reflects..Well..He is one of those Mexicans..blah blah/

Sure, most assume he's talking strictly about Illegals..BUT in most of the cases of immigrants that rattle his thin skin..he always defaults to "THEIR HERITAGE" in order to point to their value to America, wether or not they are AMERICAN Citizens!! It's for observers from outside..to be a constant drumbeat of offensive demonization of those "Others"!! His supporters also constantly deflect to "Illegals"..YET his comments are always prompted by an American Ethnic Other

Trump is as shallow a person I have ever listened to!..His vitriol and accusatory off the cuff rants is directed at ANYBODY who doesn't agree with him..and he gets even more ANGRY if someone slights him in any way!! That would include Women, Mexicans, Immigrants in general, Other Ethnic folks who are American, BLM labelled as Terrorists by his supporters the list is endless! Now even Gold Star Family members speaking out!!
His grade school vocabulary gives insight to his skills & ability to discuss intelligently!

I can't tell you just how offensive DT comes across to most Americans, Leadership in most other Countries ( except Putin and North Korea's Dictator of course) ..Sorry, but all this pushback is NOT just coming from the DNC/HRC..( only fodder for rebuttals) but regular Citizens..and many Military Leadership are disgusted!!

Old 07-31-2016, 03:23 PM

38,922 posts, read 24,051,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
All nominees make promises they cannot keep and seem to seek to sustain a perception that they alone will make a difference. Sometimes Congress will not play ball even when the majority and POTUS are of the same party. And sometimes they don't even try.

Seems every 4-8 years the public develops amnesia and seems to believe this time will be different. Sometimes their passions do indeed seem to reflect a belief they are electing an emperor dictator instead of a president who can't spent a dime without Congressional approval.

Unlike these passionate supporters, both Trump and Hillary know that a democracy and a deal requires compromise.

Before the convention Trump began softening on deportation. He referred to Obama as Deportation Chief and that unlike Obama he is compassionate and has a heart. This from the man who began with the stated intention of deporting 12 million illegal aliens implied Obama was deporting too many people.

Trump has thus far remained consistent in that he intends to make it easier for Mexicans and other foreign labor to legally work in the US. He is pro visa expansion and that's likely something a majority in Congress will support.
The problem with Trump is he has his established positions from his business career and his stances from the Presidential bid, many are polar opposites. So my question is was it a case of being "for the war, before he was against the war" or pulling the wool over the eyes of his supporters to pad his own ego.

Old 07-31-2016, 03:26 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,345,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Twist and spin, deflect, try to change the subject to a regurgitated talking point drummed up by the liberal left. Nice try, but it comes as no surprise. But the fact remains as I said, the DNC exploited the personal tragedy of this couple that lost their son in combat to attack their political opponent. They should be ashamed of themselves, but it is obvious they have no shame.
Really??

How is this different than the Benghazi mother the GOP used at their convention, by politicizing and exploiting his death? Have they no shame??

Old 07-31-2016, 03:28 PM

38,922 posts, read 24,051,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Really??

How is this different than the Benghazi mother the GOP used at their convention, by politicizing and exploiting his death? Have they no shame??
No because nobody complains when the home team is found to be dirty.

Old 07-31-2016, 03:31 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,222,182 times
In writing about Islam in 1899, Winston Churchill wrote in The Green River:

Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities. Thousands become the brave and loyal soldiers of the Queen: all know how to die: but the influence of the religion paralyzes the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytising faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science—the science against which it had vainly struggled—the civilisation of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilisation of ancient Rome.

Islam, Churchill wrote, “is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog.”

How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedanism law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property–either as a child, a wife, or a concubine — must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men.

Bold = emphasis added

Old 07-31-2016, 03:47 PM

21,991 posts, read 15,799,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeonthelittlemountain View Post
Yep. That's who we need for President. "A bull in a china shop."

Trump was not "boxed in unjustly." Jesus, Mary and Joseph.

If Trump can't handle this, how can he lead a nation?

I'm beginning to think Trump has some kind of mental illness.....something beyond classic narcissistic behavior.
His inability to stay on track, his juvenile way of communicating, his name calling, his put downs of those less fortunate than he, his lies, exaggerations. It's concerning.

I know I'm stating the obvious but there's something off about him. He doesn't appear to be a stable individual.
No, he does not.

Old 07-31-2016, 03:49 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,241,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
All Trump would have had to do in this situation is stay quiet. That's ALL he would have had to do.

But that's asking too much for a supposed adult running for the highest office of the most powerful country in the world.
So he adds another group to the long list that he has dissed...Parents of veterans who died in combat. Prior to this, there was John McCain, the disabled, women, Mexican American citizens (Judge Curiel a citizen born in Indiana), and Muslims in general earlier in the campaign. The GOP platform is strongly anti-GLBT marriage and anti-GLBT rights. It is also hostile to women's reproductive choice rights.

Just don't see how he wins if we do the math. If this continues, he will have to get close to 90% of the white male vote to have a chance. This white male will never vote for him.

This was the latest episode of Donald Trump shooting from the hip yet again...and shooting himself in the foot once again. It would be funny if it had not caused additional pain to two parents already grieving the loss of a brave son. Thankfully, they put the bully in his place a second time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections