Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2016, 03:50 PM

15,822 posts, read 12,520,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr
The lawyer-father's well scripted speech appears to be a staged set up by the DNC. I'm not buying it. I'm so justifiably suspicious of the democrats that I'm also wondering if the wife's attire was a costume. I wouldn't put anything past them.
Right... because it's inconceivable that a man with an advanced degree from Harvard Law School could write such a speech.

Old 07-31-2016, 03:51 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,218,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Donald trump is right when he said we need to put a temporary ban on Muslims till the Jihad is sorted out. The problem is, he is 20 years too early with this suggestion. US needs to burn further before ordinary Americans wake up to the problems with Islam.

The Democrats have cherry picked this Muslim family to make Trump look like a fool for saying anything negative about Muslims.

The problem is that you cannot separate a Muslim who is a good human, who rejects the teachings of Islam as followed and taught by Muhammad, and a bad human who follows Islam exactly as Muhammad did.
The Challenge – Faithfreedom.org

As a Liberal, I see that there are 50+ Muslim countries which are hell-holes for Women, LGBT, and Minorities, and I am well aware that as a Muslim population percentage grows, the security and rights of these three groups plummet.
Thank you. I agree with this. I was once a liberal long ago (and still am on social issues), but what I saw in the 80's, and especially 90s onward in Europe, was a warning to the West to stop this madness.

Old 07-31-2016, 03:57 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,341,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
Trump is the biggest a-h*** for going after this family. he is SICK in the head and should get the help he so desperately needs.

ETA: this will be his Waterloo

you heard it here first
It certainly is not very smart for a presidential candidate who did not serve in the military to have a p*ssing contest with the parents of a man who was killed in Iraq while defending the USA. It makes him appear petty and small (if the shoe fits...).

Can't imagine that Ryan & Co. are happy about this.

GOP Reacts to Donald Trump's Controversial Remarks on Khan Family - NBC News

Old 07-31-2016, 03:59 PM

993 posts, read 772,414 times
Mr Trump was freely nominated by the people - therein lies the dilemma. It is very bad in itself for the party to remove someone chosen by the people. That is not how we are supposed to operate here.

But something has to be done. Trump is mentally unbalanced. He has questionable loyalty to the United States and presents an existential threat to the stability and safety of the country and the world.

He is now becoming a security risk, as comments from the high level security operatives and the military seem to be saying.

This is not about policies - if he has any - this is about the a man who could destroy us all by his abnormal behavior. The Republican brass need to remove him, and if they can't, they need to withdraw all support. This is no joke - Trump has the ability to create wreckage - he has already done so much harm to our image and discourse.

Of course "the base" will be up in arms - but I say good riddance to them. They have abdicated their claim to sanity and judgment.

Man up McConnell and Ryan - dump him now before it is too late.

Old 07-31-2016, 04:02 PM

184 posts, read 133,120 times
Default Khan has been on CNN coverage all day long!

wow THIS IS a movement! Never seen such a story take so much coverage it was just a speech...

Old 07-31-2016, 04:08 PM

15,822 posts, read 12,520,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeasher
wow THIS IS a movement! Never seen such a story take so much coverage it was just a speech...
It has legs because of Trump's outrageous response - using the speech to attack Muslims and the grieving mother - and then doubling down.

Old 07-31-2016, 04:10 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,933,748 times
Just more of the bias press doing all they can to jump on anything they can to discredit Trump. It won't work, he will be the next president...

Old 07-31-2016, 04:11 PM

27,811 posts, read 16,324,812 times
How much air time did cnn give pat smith? silly question as we all know cnn is a shill for hill

Old 07-31-2016, 04:13 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,358,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeasher View Post
Are you glad this is being dragged on? Surprised?

It's just an attempt by CNN (read: Clinton/Communist News Network) to smear Trump using one of his controversial proposals against him.

Trump stepped in it by trashing Mr. Khan in response to the speech -- if he had just stayed quiet and released the statement he released today, this would not have been nearly this big a deal.

Old 07-31-2016, 04:14 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,358,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Just more of the bias press doing all they can to jump on anything they can to discredit Trump. It won't work, he will be the next president...
It's already working, though it doesn't guarantee Trump's defeat. Trump has been a lot more cautious the last 6-8 weeks; he made a mistake here. He should have kept quiet (same with Cruz non-endorsement).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections