Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 12:49 PM

4,809 posts, read 3,331,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
EXACTLY!!! The SUBURBAN voters NOT the City voters who tend to be welfare recipients
You must not of been from around Philly. Upper Middle Class areas like the Main Line, Fort Washington, Blue Bell lean heavily Democrat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2016, 02:50 PM

11,986 posts, read 5,330,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
You must not of been from around Philly. Upper Middle Class areas like the Main Line, Fort Washington, Blue Bell lean heavily Democrat.
Tsk, tsk, using facts to step all over his meme.

Not fair!

Old 07-31-2016, 02:53 PM

1,549 posts, read 1,068,093 times
The tides are turning in Penn and people are seeing what Hillary really stands for. She's against job creation and the coal industry is still big here. Forget Philly; just look at the rest of the state.

Watch Trump win here in November.

Old 07-31-2016, 02:53 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,208,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
So that means Hillary will get about 1.67 million votes in Philly then right?
The Philly votes are locked in, backed in, they can be counted on. It's all about turn out with those Philly votes. It's only the white people who decide elections, like the ones in Philly burbs.

Old 07-31-2016, 02:55 PM

11,986 posts, read 5,330,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurn350 View Post
The tides are turning in Penn and people are seeing what Hillary really stands for. She's against job creation and the coal industry is still big here. Forget Philly; just look at the rest of the state.

You can't forget Philly since it produces 38% or so of the total vote.

Old 07-31-2016, 02:56 PM

4,861 posts, read 9,351,283 times
[quote=Seacove;44963136]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post

So you are a Republican and a Democrat? I've noticed several right wing posters posing as Democrats lately, you just need to check that your posts don't give you away.
No, I am most definitely not a Democrat and never would be in a million years. Another poster quoted my post within their post, only they didn't use the correct method to quote so our posts ran together and it appears that I said that I am a Republican and a Democrat. His post actually starts with "As a Democrat what bothers me most...". If you look back at my original post you will see what I'm talking about. My post ends with "If I was a Democrat I would be furious at having her for my candidate."

Old 07-31-2016, 03:02 PM

4,861 posts, read 9,351,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
I lived in Pa for over 60 years before I retired and moved to MI. Election after election the counties are overwhelmingly Red,....It is the liberals in Philly & Pittsburg that come out in numbers to pull the state into Blue. They are mostly welfare queens and people in Pa are embarrassed that we are considered a "Blue" state
You could have said this exact same thing about Michigan only substituting Detroit and Flint for Philly and Pittsburgh. We have a solid red governorship and state legislature and much of the state, particularly the western half, is extremely conservative. The city folks who vote solid blue come out for the national elections, but not so much for the state elections, just like in most blue states that are truly red underneath.

Michigan may actually be a toss up this year. Many of the blue collar workers that the Dems could always count on in years past have had their fill of Crooked Hillary and her and her party's contempt for them and their apparent "lack of education",and the labor unions are no longer the strong political machines that they were in years past. It will be interesting.

Old 07-31-2016, 03:18 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,405,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurn350 View Post

According to 2014 statistics, the coal industry in Pennsyvania employed less than 8000 people in a population of 12.79 million. Not very big at all.

Old 07-31-2016, 04:37 PM

29,639 posts, read 16,664,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I don't think Trump is trying to put it all on Democrats. He is trying to put it on Hillary. I agree with you that (D)'s where NAFTA is concerned overall made the right vote except where it counted. At the top. Bill signed it and Hillary has supported it.

What is sad is a large number of (D)'s also do not support TPP but they refuse to officially condemn it because Obama does.

Hillary will.
I have said before and I will say again, TPP is a weapon to box China out. That is why Dems are for it and specifically the President. The idea is basically an investment in the future.

As for the at the top. If we believe the media and the stories from inside the campaign about who Trump wanted as VP. 3 of his top 5 supported NAFTA(2 voted for it) including the guy he picked as his VP. The other 2 may support it too, but they werent in congress at the time.

2 of them(including his VP) support TPP, and the other 3 simply havent put forth a position on it.

back to NAFTA, it was a creation of George H.W. Bush, not clinton. Who signed it doesnt change all the negotiation that happened before hand.

Old 07-31-2016, 04:45 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,782,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post

Michigan may actually be a toss up this year. Many of the blue collar workers that the Dems could always count on in years past have had their fill of Crooked Hillary and her and her party's contempt for them and their apparent "lack of education",and the labor unions are no longer the strong political machines that they were in years past. It will be interesting.
It shouldn't go without notice that Hillary lost the Michigan primary. That was a shock to many and speaks to her loss of support there.

Why? Because a significant number of Blue collar Blacks worry about jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections