Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 03:29 PM

68,405 posts, read 54,700,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
East Ukraine is almost all Russian.
So is Brighton Beach, does that make it Russian territory?

Quote:
The nation of Ukraine, as much as I support it, was a fake entity. Western Ukraine is where the Ukrainians are.
How so?

BTW, still waiting to hear about Russia's lease of the Crimea you've alluded to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2016, 03:33 PM

15,822 posts, read 12,522,398 times
Quote:
East Ukraine is almost all Russian. The nation of Ukraine, as much as I support it, was a fake entity. Western Ukraine is where the Ukrainians are.
Eastern Ukraine is at most 25-40% ethnic Russian.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russia...raine_2001.PNG

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russians_in_Ukraine

Old 07-31-2016, 03:34 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,222,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
So is Brighton Beach, does that make it Russian territory?

How so?

BTW, still waiting to hear about Russia's lease of the Crimea you've alluded to.
What's to 'hear'. When Ukraine left the USSR, the Crimean peninsula was immediately leased by necessity. You are approaching this as though I am pro annexation of the peninsula.

Old 07-31-2016, 03:34 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,814,473 times
How silly.

• Russia hasn't declared war on the Ukraine.
  • On the other hand, Obama/Hillary and the rest of those idiots backed a plan to overthrow the Democratically elected government which lead to the entire crisis in the first place.
  • It backfired spectacularly in Obama's face because of Putin.
End Result.
  • Crimea is part of Russia now. People there are glad of it.
  • East Ukraine looks to and supports Russia. This is where the industry and resources are located.
  • West Ukrane got Joe Biden's son as head of their Oil Company which has no Oil.

Obama & Hillary apologists are either either ignorant of this or ignore it, and seek to make it a Trump issue. I think they need a 12 step program for Derangement.

Old 07-31-2016, 03:35 PM

15,822 posts, read 12,522,398 times
Quote:
What's to 'hear'. When Ukraine left the USSR, the Crimean peninsula was immediately leased by necessity. You are approaching this as though I am pro annexation of the peninsula.
The Sevastopol naval base was leased but not "the Crimean peninsula".

Old 07-31-2016, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The Sevastopol naval base was leased but not "the Crimean peninsula".
It most certainly is.

Old 07-31-2016, 03:41 PM

Quote:
As I've stated before, Russia was leasing a naval facility by terms of a treaty they unilaterally terminated in 2014.

I'll ask again:

HOW is Ukraine a 'fake entity' as you allege?

If you don't know a lease does not give one title to the leased property but what evidence do you have a lease of Crimea by Russia is still in effect?

Old 07-31-2016, 03:41 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,345,375 times
I find it shocking that the GOP would change their platform to make it pro-Putin and pro-Russia, and then Manafort and Trump would both claim they had nothing to do with it. Trump could possibly be unaware as to who in his campaign actually was involved, as he seems oblivious to how the campaign is run, so could say without lying "I had nothing to do with it." (technically of course).

But Manafort flat-out lied to Chuck Todd this morning, and you could see Todd was stunned by that lie. There are GOP delegate eye-witnesses who have verified the fact that the Trump campaign insisted that pro-Putin stance be added to the GOP platform.

Trump is clueless, but Manafort is a total sleazebag.

Old 07-31-2016, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It most certainly is.
And your proof of that would be?

BTW, we know you love Donny but unlike him we want proof of what's alleged.

Old 07-31-2016, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And your proof of that would be?.
Any map of Europe.

I realize that Hillary's supporters aren't one for facts (if they were they could never vote for the woman), but that one should be obvious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections