Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 12:11 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times

Advertisements

One thing is if you're a strong personality who stands up for his or her own vision of America; another is if you're a tone-deaf compulsive insult-o-phile who has the thin skin of a second grade boy. It doesn't make him look strong; it makes him look deranged.

So with the whole Khizr Khan episode, given that this is a family whose son made the ultimate sacrifice as a member of the US miliary in a combat zone...

Quote:
Why couldn't Trump have said something like: "You know, I disagree with Mr. Khan's characterization of my opinions, but I respect his right to express his thoughts, and I value and salute the valiant service of his son - and as a father myself, I'm sorry for his pain. As Commander in Chief, I would take my responsibility to our men and women in uniform with the utmost seriousness. But I want to make clear that my opinions on banning Muslims from entering this nation don't extend to a mistreatment of all Muslims already in America, and here's why we need my policies... etc. etc. Also, look at the record of my opponent who voted for these wars, etc. etc... Oh, and by the way, let me tell you why I would be a much better President for veterans and their families than my opponent would be..."
That would have made him look like a man who has empathy for another man who lost his son. It would have made him look like he takes the title of Commander in Chief with the seriousness and respect it merits. It would have made him look Presidential.

Instead, the boob has to go and get personally insulting with Mr. Khan and his wife. What kind of Presidential candidate insults families of dead war veterans over differing views? How is that even in his own interest?

I think it's apparent by now that Donald is extremely thin-skinned and can be goaded into personal attack mode by any comment that doesn't reinforce his love affair with himself. It's like the guy can't help himself. And it is really looking damn strange by now... is something wrong with him? Really, conservatives - you're so blind of all social decorum and sense of adulthood that you're not concerned about your top national representative - who is going to get a LOT of criticism daily when he's President - acting in such a juvenile manner? This is the guy you think can be a level-headed Commander in Chief? Don't you want someone who has the strategic judgment as to which provocations he should respond to and which he should ignore?

Hillary may be a ****ty person who can't be trusted further than she could be heaved by two grown men, but at least she responds rationally. When RNC convention speakers criticize her, she doesn't get on air the next day talking about how she is going to "hit him so hard his head will spin and he won't know what the hell happened." With Trump, you'd be more shocked by now if he didn't say it.

I seriously wonder by now if something is psychologically wrong with the guy, and in all sincerity, I would never have thought that about Romney, Cruz, McConnell, Rubio, or any other conservative out there, much as I may not agree with them.

I have never seen a grown man in a race for a high office act like this, and it's concerning. I really wonder how he will uphold Constitutional rights for those who disagree with him. I wonder how he will deal with foreign entities who criticize him. I just wonder how level-headed and rational the guy will be in a crisis.

Last edited by ambient; 08-01-2016 at 12:22 AM..

Old 08-01-2016, 12:18 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,461,965 times
A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons.

Old 08-01-2016, 12:21 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
It's more concerning to me that the leftwing media has been giving Hillary a pass for her criminal violations of National Security from the start. I don't want a president we know will get away with who knows what because the media will protect her. That can't be good for the American people.

At least if Trump is prez they will pounce on him. He won't even have to step out of line.

Old 08-01-2016, 12:24 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,538,920 times
Trump knows what he is doing, he is ensuring Hillary wins

Each time she gets into trouble, he makes them go away. DNC emails => Trump invites Russian hackers, Trump up in polls => He insults someone to lower poll

Old 08-01-2016, 12:24 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Bill spoke of Hillary as the most amazing woman he’s ever met. Why then, if his awesome love story is so true, did he cheat on her with so many women?

Old 08-01-2016, 12:28 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,707,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
One thing is if you're a strong personality who stands up for his or her own vision of America; another is if you're a tone-deaf compulsive insult-o-phile who has the thin skin of a second grade boy. It doesn't make him look strong; it makes him look deranged.

So with the whole Khizr Khan episode, given that this is a family whose son made the ultimate sacrifice as a member of the US miliary in a combat zone...

That would have made him look like a man who has empathy for another man who lost his son. It would have made him look like he takes the title of Commander in Chief with the seriousness and respect it merits. It would have made him look Presidential.

Instead, the boob has to go and get personally insulting with Mr. Khan and his wife. What kind of Presidential candidate insults families of dead war veterans over differing views?

I think it's apparent by now that Donald is extremely thin-skinned and can be goaded into personal attack mode by any comment that doesn't reinforce his love affair with himself. It's like the guy can't help himself. And it is really looking damn strange by now... is something wrong with him? Really, conservatives - you're so blind of all social decorum and sense of adulthood that you're not concerned about your top national representative - who is going to get a LOT of criticism daily when he's President - acting in such a juvenile manner? This is the guy you think can be a level-headed Commander in Chief? Don't you want someone who has the strategic judgment as to which provocations he should respond to and which he should ignore?

Hillary may be a ****ty person who can't be trusted further than she could be heaved by two grown men, but at least she responds rationally. When RNC convention speakers criticize her, she doesn't get on air the next day talking about how she is going to "hit him so hard his head will spin and he won't know what the hell happened." With Trump, you'd be more shocked by now if he didn't say it.

I seriously wonder by now if something is psychologically wrong with the guy, and I would never have sincerely thought that about Romney, Cruz, McConnell, Rubio, or any other conservative out there, much as I may not agree with them.

I have never seen a grown man in a race for a high office act like this, and it's concerning. I really wonder how he will uphold Constitutional rights for those who disagree with him. I wonder how he will deal with foreign entities who criticize him. I just wonder how level-headed and rational the guy will be in a crisis.
. None of this past year has anything at all to do with running the country, its an election, its a competition where there are winners and losers. When you are in a competltion, you try and win, not lose.

Your points suggest that he ought to try to win a different way, with a different strategy. None of what you are seeing is anything more than campaign strategy. There's no proof that Trump is anything at all like his persona in these debates and these speeches and his tweets, its all done to try and win, you may disagree with the strategy, but they have determined this is the best way to go about winning....its a big show, a reality show and you've bought in hook, line and sinker and think anything you see or hear is real.

Old 08-01-2016, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
. None of this past year has anything at all to do with running the country, its an election, its a competition where there are winners and losers. When you are in a competltion, you try and win, not lose.

Your points suggest that he ought to try to win a different way, with a different strategy. None of what you are seeing is anything more than campaign strategy. There's no proof that Trump is anything at all like his persona in these debates and these speeches and his tweets, its all done to try and win, you may disagree with the strategy, but they have determined this is the best way to go about winning....its a big show, a reality show and you've bought in hook, line and sinker and think anything you see or hear is real.
The best way to go about winning is to insult surviving family members of military veterans who paid the ultimate price defending this country?

That's how you think your President should behave towards the men and women he or she leads as Commander in Chief?

What kind of a strange definition of "winning" do you subscribe to?

Also, why do you support candidates for President who according to your own words are putting on fake acts to appeal to voters rather than genuinely representing themselves? What does that say about you?

Old 08-01-2016, 12:36 AM

Quote:
The best way to go about winning is to insult surviving family members of military veterans who paid the ultimate price defending this country?

That's how you think your President should behave towards the men and women he or she leads as Commander in Chief?

What kind of a strange definition of "winning" do you subscribe to?
i'm not agreeing or disagreeing with his strategy, they know more than i do about what wins and what loses, you wouldn't think that insulting people would help, but i don't know if that's true or not, there's only 2 candidates left, so he only has to beat one more person, maybe there's a specific method to the madness.

as far as them 'behaving' its a show, its an act to try and win the election, don't read too much into this, we don't know if he will change overnight if he wins, right now, he's still just a businessman, but you know i have a hunch that if he actually wins the election, all this changes in a blink of an eye, there will be no more insults, no more nonsense, he's going to come across very presidential, that's just my opinion on the matter, but even if he doesn't, words are words, and action is action. im not going to make assumptions on his actions by his words, people say a lot of things, but its what you DO that really matters and we won't know what he's going to do until he wins.

a lot can happen when he's standing up there getting sworn in, the magnitude of it will hit him and he will realize he has to act a certain way now. just my extremely humble opinion.

Old 08-01-2016, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
i'm not agreeing or disagreeing with his strategy, they know more than i do about what wins and what loses, you wouldn't think that insulting people would help, but i don't know if that's true or not, there's only 2 candidates left, so he only has to beat one more person, maybe there's a specific method to the madness.

as far as them 'behaving' its a show, its an act to try and win the election, don't read too much into this, we don't know if he will change overnight if he wins, right now, he's still just a businessman, but you know i have a hunch that if he actually wins the election, all this changes in a blink of an eye, there will be no more insults, no more nonsense, he's going to come across very presidential, that's just my opinion on the matter, but even if he doesn't, words are words, and action is action. im not going to make assumptions on his actions by his words, people say a lot of things, but its what you DO that really matters and we won't know what he's going to do until he wins.
So you just blindly trust that the guy is going to do a complete 180 once in office and start acting like a rational President? That's how you use your voting power?

As for his strategy to win, has it ever occurred to you that the "method to the madness" might be that he got lots of unsuspecting people like you to buy into his legitimacy hook, line and sinker?

Old 08-01-2016, 12:48 AM

Quote:
So you just blindly trust that the guy is going to do a complete 180 once in office and start acting like a rational President? That's how you use your voting power?

As for his strategy to win, has it ever occurred to you that the "method to the madness" might be that he got lots of unsuspecting people like you to buy into his legitimacy hook, line and sinker?
no, i don't think its any sure thing he will transform himself into a calmer individual who isn't tossing around 5th grade insults at the drop of a hat....im HOPING he will change, but if he doesn't than he doesn't, i mostly care about action. what actions is he going to take to improve the country, if he improves the country and gets care for our vets that is lacking and implements a strong vetting process to make sure people aren't in this country illegally and a host of other things than i can deal with a few childish insults here or there.

My feeling is more that hillary will be a terrible president and nothing will change with her and we need SOME change, maybe we don't need rash changes like trump is proposing, but we need something, we gotta stop the blood in the streets and the drugs from pouring in over the borders for starters, hillary isn't interested in any of that stuff she hasn't talked about it at all, i'm going on the 'upside' that trump has, even if its only a small shot he will be a good president, its a chance i'm willing to take...i know exactly what i'm going to get with hillary, that's pretty much nothing different than what we have now, i'm willing to take the chance we get some changes that we need. is it possible he's just like all the rest and all the promises are hot air? sure, its possible, but what if he's legit? she's NOT legit and he's probably not legit either, but at least he has a small shot to shock us in a good way......that's what im hoping for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections